Need help with the process of getting a .blend model into mb2 as a custom model

Hi. I've never done any of this before and I'm trying to look up what I need to get this to work and I'm pretty confused about what to do so I'm hoping some can give me pretty clear instructions and answers. What I'm wanting to do is put a .blend model into mb2, if that's the file type it should be in before it gets exported, and what I hear by that extension, is 3ds max. I know it's more than just putting a model over, but I'm having trouble finding out exactly what to do. I've seen the guide from this thread, but it sounded like it was implied that it should/could be done in blender Need help exporting a model from Blender (Am I allowed to link threads?). I'm gonna have quite a few questions if someone would be nice enough to help me, cause I'm not even sure if a root.xsi skeleton is part of blender or 3ds max. Seemed like it was a 3ds max thing but the thread made it sound like 3ds max etc. The model I'm wanting to use in blender has all the materials attached to it, and when looked at fully rendered it shows up correctly how I want it. Not sure if I need any other steps before I would export if it looks fine as is, besides maybe posing it correctly. The model came with poses if I should pose it in blender, but I don't believe there's an "a" pose, just things close to t poses. Maybe you'd do that in max, not sure.

Attachments

• Space Pirate.png
    Space Pirate.png
    356.8 KB · Views: 215

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Your best bet for basic model process in JKA would be looking at some of the tutorials on Jedi Knight Hub, and/or asking questions there. There's a lot of mention of using Max there but from what I understand Blender is more preferred nowadays. In any case once you have a model that's working properly in base then you could follow this tutorial on making it selectable in open mode as a custom one.

Your best bet for basic model process in JKA would be looking at some of the tutorials on Jedi Knight Hub, and/or asking questions there. There's a lot of mention of using Max there but from what I understand Blender is more preferred nowadays. In any case once you have a model that's working properly in base then you could follow this tutorial on making it selectable in open mode as a custom one.
Okay, thank you for the advice