•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Servers missing from Master Server list, can't manually connect to them either

Lee

/connect 149.56.185.4:29070
For TR doesn't work, gets stuck on awaiting connection over and over.
Same thing happens for CA.

Basically my serverlist (yes I checked all the filters) is missing a whole bunch of NA servers. I checked the serverlisting above and I can't find many of those servers on mine. Last week I was playing fine...and the week before that. Since downloading this 'new mbii' when i cameback to play months ago the masterserver has blacked out sometimes when I join a server and start playing. But if I boot up the modd it usually showed everythign fine. Been playing the modd for a decade and this isn't supposed to be a thing.

So I'm stuck playing on euro servers atm...NA servers r where I should be and yet its not displaying the servers. I can enter TR in as a favourite and see the name blocked out but the number of players in it....i join and its the same as manually connecting via the console.

playing via steam and the mbii launcher. This behaviour mimicks what happens when I run into a glitch and the game crashes on a server...after i relaunch the game the server is missing from the serverlist for a good 10 minutes then it reappears. SO maybe some kind of filtering is bugged that I can't manually correct or something, idk.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
The fact you cannot see servers in in-game list isn't an actual issue, it's merely a symptom.
The real problem is that you can't connect servers manually; you should forget about incomplete list and try to solve impossibility to join servers from console, and then server list is supposed to be fixed automatically.
awaiting connection
You sure it's "Awaiting connection", not "Awaiting gamestate"? The difference is important.
If it's really "Awaiting connection", that means something is wrong with network between you and TR: it can be a ban from tR admins (but not a regular Movie Battles ban, but rather a ban on firewall level), or your ISP not allowing access to tR's IP for some reason, or any ISP between you and tR blocking traffic, etc.

The thing should do is:
Start => Run => type:
Code:
cmd
=> Enter => type:
Code:
tracert 149.56.185.4
And then:
Code:
ping 149.56.185.4
Post a screenshot to this thread.
You can see an example of such screenshot below.

Update:
ok this is epic. Turns out a firewall somewhere near tR is configured the way it discards traceroute. Not cool :/
A screenshot I asked about is gonna be less valuable than I thought it would be, but please post it anyway.
Would be nice if you post corresponding screenshots for an every server that is missing from your list/server you cannot connect to.

e07e1d0d6f42.png

908ea0c3c636.png

f8407a2d98fb.png

39dbcd2b9762.png

Lee

"Awaiting Connection"

I think we can rule out a ban, there's 0 reason or indication I was banned last I played there a few days ago, much less a reason to suspect any admin was even on atm (all whitenames, low pop, etc).

hai1.jpg

Hello. I run tR's server. You are not the only person who has reported this issue, and the issue seems to be specific to servers hosted by jka.io.
I've reached out to the owner to try and find out what is happening and get a resolution. I'll update this thread when I have an answer from them.

I've received a reply from the server provider. Can you please send me your IP in a private message, or join tR's discord and DM me there? It looks like your IP might have been rangebanned in the latest update to our server provider's VPN protection.

Our Discord: Join the tR Discord Server!

Caelum

Donator
Sorry about that, should be fixed now.

We've been seeing a huge uptick in DDoS attacks at JKA.io since the start of the COVID-19 situation, and sometimes we have to play around with either very strict, or experimental firewall rules in order to keep everything running smoothly. The alternative if we didn't filter DDoS attacks would be severe lag or server downtime, but sometimes incidental casualties happen temporarily. Nothing to do with the Anti VPN for the record, but everything to do with the realities of mitigating DDoS attacks, especially at our scale, where we host 50-60 JKA servers.

Made some changes that should prevent this particular issue from happening again (knock on wood), but if you're still having connection issues, anyone is always welcome to add me on Discord at Caelum#8613, typically will only need like 10 minutes with you to debug an issue like this.

Last edited:

Lee

Okay we are all good now. Thanks for the help. Kinda weird it was happening with other servers too, but mbe similar situation with the hosts

Sorry about that, should be fixed now.

We've been seeing a huge uptick in DDoS attacks at JKA.io since the start of the COVID-19 situation, and sometimes we have to play around with either very strict, or experimental firewall rules in order to keep everything running smoothly. The alternative if we didn't filter DDoS attacks would be severe lag or server downtime, but sometimes incidental casualties happen temporarily. Nothing to do with the Anti VPN for the record, but everything to do with the realities of mitigating DDoS attacks, especially at our scale, where we host 50-60 JKA servers.

Made some changes that should prevent this particular issue from happening again (knock on wood), but if you're still having connection issues, anyone is always welcome to add me on Discord at Caelum#8613, typically will only need like 10 minutes with you to debug an issue like this.

i've seen 8 or 9 people have this issue recently as well as some server lag - are the ddos attacks getting worse?