What are your main Jedi/Sith class builds for Open?

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
I'm curious to see what everyone runs. Maybe I could even improve my build. Post a screenshot. Do you change it up for different situations or maps? What are it's weaknesses?

Below is my general class that seems to work for me in almost all situations.
DnWkb21.png

I never find the need to really ever use jump 3. Push is a must for me. Makes good work out of grenades, gunners, and bad Jedi/Sith. I will admit however that I don't know the full extent of Saber Defend, Force Block, and Saber Deflect. Not really sure what the different levels do, and honestly can't be bothered to search through the library UI for it.

Jump 3
Push 3
Speed 1(0 on Sith)
Sense 3
Medium 1
Defense 3
Block 2 (3 on sith)

I usually manage a 5/1 kdr with this set up, mostly due to added situational awareness of sense 3 and abusiveness of push 3 + speed 1. Jump 3 allows for swift getaways. The cons are that block 2, which leaves you vulnerable to push/pull at 70 fp, is what you are at from activating sense for a second.

(05/15/2020 using this build)

jamjar.png

Last edited:

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
Jump 3
Push 3
Speed 1(0 on Sith)
Sense 3
Medium 1
Defense 3
Block 2 (3 on sith)

I usually manage a 5/1 kdr with this set up, mostly due to added situational awareness of sense 3 and abusiveness of push 3 + speed 1. Jump 3 allows for swift getaways. The cons are that block 2, which leaves you vulnerable to push/pull at 70 fp, is what you are at from activating sense for a second.
What happens if you get shot. If there is no deflect wont you just eat the damage?

What happens if you get shot. If there is no deflect wont you just eat the damage?

You hold block. Deflect takes extra force points and aims the shot back at your target; In my opinion it's a waste of points, because you'll always run out of FP before the person shooting you runs out of HP. And you're usually being shot by more than 1 person anyways.

In any case, saber defense 3 means when you're shot at, the shot doesn't hit you. You trade fp for invulnerability.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
My builds try to combine unorthodox methods that when perfected become efficient and are really satisfying to use when they work. They are not easy to learn but that is what makes it fun.

Jedi main build:
Jump 2
Push 3
pull 3
speed 1
sense 1
staff
saber defense 2
forceblock 1
deflect 3

-Jump 2: I usually dont feel like I really need better than jump 2 and neither do I usually have the spare points for it
-push/pull 3: super push is an awesome way to even the odds when sith fails to do an awareness check on their force points
-speed 1: probably the most efficient 2 points used in this game. The starting cost (25 fp) is the same for all levels. Best used in short bursts and sometimes if in desperate need you can speed more for 25 fp per tick
-sense 1: only reason I have this is because I had literally nothing else to use the last points on. Useful sure but I don't like wallhacks
-staff: I only use it for the meme katas. Butterfly is a devastating move when combined with a burst of speed. Same thing with backflip kata which costs 0 fp but lets you avoid enemy fire and gets you higher than jump3 bunny hop. Also efficient at killing flying mandas.
-defense2: no introduction needed
-forceblock 1: necessary evil to buy since fb0 just wont do. There is no need to get higher forceblock if one has their blocking game in order. forceblock 3 is just way too expensive and wouldn't let me have anything interesting at all in my builds.
-deflect 3: compliments the build I got so well: lets me demoralize the enemy with awesome deflecting power, and also lets me choose between many ways to fuck with the enemy (combine deflect, pull and speed and you make yourself harder to predict). It is also a very good way to take advantage of noobs and deflect their shots into better enemy players '':--D''

Sith main build:
jump 2
push 3
pull 3
grip 3
yellow style
saber defense 1
forceblock 1
deflect 1

-jump 2: see above
-push/pull 3: very effective to have these lvl3 combined with grip. makes you basically a force whore with a saber.
-grip 3: what at first I started using for the lulz became my absolute favorite force power. It is goddamn efficient once you truly learn to use it in different ways. And it is also funny as hell throwing people into pits with sling shot grips, or gripping an enemy and then using him as a human meatshield.
-yellow style: best suited for this I guess
-saber defense 1: ever since 1.6 this has been harder to play but not impossible. I dare say this was even op before 1.6 nerfed saberists. Now it is more risky and situational but can still be efficient depending what the enemy side has (bye bye if they spam clones)
-forceblock 1: see above
-deflect 1: very good use of two points. You can only deflect 1 shot per ''block'' but that means you can also deflect sniper shots and it is so satisfying to land those in back to their origin point or into the enemy teammate. It can also make the enemy think twice once they see your deflect and every moment of hesitation from the enemy is golden when you play defense 1.

I have been actually struggling with a new fun sith build for a while ever since 1.6 nerfs. Only if sith had speed *sigh*

I'm too lazy to post numbers or take a screen shot but my main build is basically a max jump, sense, deflect, saber def, force def and for lightsabre styles, I either use yellow when I want to try hard, Cyan if I want to try hard against an entire team using blasters, and finally red if I want to indulge in my masochistic fantasies.

I used to run a max force pull build many months ago until I realised that most people undervalue grenades and don't take them, so maxing pull/push is kinda a waste. If I see good players taking grenades then It becomes annoying and i'm forced to change my build and include force push somehow.

I'm a gunner main though, so I don't really play jedi/sith that often unless i'm in a duel server or if I want to pad my kdr in an open server.

*Duels:

-Jump 3
-Push 3
-Sense 1

-Purple Style

-Saber Defense 3
-Force Block 2
-Deflect 3

*Force whore, well, basically everything that you need to use repulse and:

-Sense 1
-Red Style
-force block 2

Dark side: Lightning 3
Light side: Speed 2, MindTrick 3

I have some others, but these I main nowdays or at least i'm trying.

I normally change my builds very rapidly to counter what the enemy team is running or to compliment my teammate's abilities better, but when I'm just joining I mainly run this build

Main Jedi Build
Jump 2
Push 3
Pull 2
Sense 1
Speed 1
MindTrick 2
Yellow Style
Defense 2
Force Block 2 OR Force Block 1 + Deflect 2

-I rarely run anything higher than sense 1 because I can normally pick out classes by sound alone or by remembering positions as I move around the map.
-Push 3 is used as expected
-I like running Pull 2 because its a spammy ability, and against classes like Mandalorian and BH, you can take their strongest weapon from them without them realizing it.
-I run speed 1 in every single Jedi build I play with because its by far the strongest Jedi ability in my opinion if you know how to use it correctly.
-Mind trick 2 because 2.5 seconds of invisibility around a corner, through a door, off a wallrun, or with speed can guarantee a kill on their best player if you know when to use it, AND its the safest tool to counter Grip, because you don't need to aim a push or a pull, you can just MT and get out of the grip and become invisible to the sith
-Defense 2 so I can block blasters and sabers with no drawbacks
-I normally run FB2 as a default on all my builds, but if ever the enemy team has gunners who don't let go of the shoot button, I'll grab deflect 2 with FB 1

If I'm fighting a lot more gunners or a droideka, I'll run

Jump 3
Push 2
Pull 2
Sense 1
Speed 3
MindTrick 3
Yellow
Defense 1
Force Block 2

-Jump 3/Speed 3 so that I can maximize my mobility with low FP costs, and so I can use the speedlunge, When I'm fighting droideka's who run Discharge, I tend to run speedlunge and Mindtrick so that I can speedlunge the droideka while invisible.
-Mindtrick 3 lets me go for the most important kills with the most time, and I like to run in with MT, Kill the most important player, then instantly turn on MT again to get out safely.
-Push 2 so I can redirect explosives
-Pull 2 so I can still pull the weapons from enemies to save my own skin
-Defense 1 because I'm not planning on sitting out in the open all that much, so FP drains arent a crazy big deal to me, and I can still outduel most players with low defense.
-Force Block 2 by default

If I need to, I'll drop MT 3 for MT 2 + push 3 or pull 3, And I might drop pull 2 for pull 0 + FB 3, Or drop Pull 2 And MT 3 for MT 2 + Defense 2 + Deflect 1, It all depends on the enemy team comp I'm fighting.

Main Sith Build
Jump 3
Push 3
Sense 1
Grip 1
Lightning 2
Yellow
Defense 2
Force Block 2

I don't like playing sith as much as Jedi because it lacks a lot of mobility that Jedi has so I normally try to be less aggressive as sith and more support orientated.
-Jump 3 is so I can outmaneuver the inevitable Jedi spam
-Push 3 for Push 3 things
-Sense 1 by default
-Grip 1 I like running grip 1 so that I can use it to pressure Jedi's with low FP, if I manage to use it fully on a Jedi to turn off the saber, I'll immediately go for a swing or a jump kick so that they cant counter Push, I'll also use grip 1 on gunners to scare them into running so that I can immediately push them.
-Lightning 2 so that I can land safely against gunners like P3 Hero and Clones with blobs, since jumping against them tends to give them a free shot/blob when I land, I'll tend to land with a small burst of lightning so they can't shoot/blob me as easily, I'll also use it on gunners whenever I have teammates to shoot them while they are stunned
-Defense and Force block 2 by default.

If ever the enemy team is sticking in groups or there's a gunner that I can't reliably saber, I'll swap to lightning push (if you press lightning for a split second with your saber out, then swap to melee and hold lightning, you can do a full 2 handed lightning burst without draining the 20 fp at the very start from a push, gives you like 2 extra seconds of lightning)
Jump 2
Push 3
Sense 1
Lightning 3
Yellow
Defense 2
Force Block 1
Deflect 1

Pls make grip require less than 70 FP to use tho, If you get shot 2-3 times by a P3, you just can't use it anymore. It requires 70 FP to use, then drains 30 when you land it, bad ability against anyone who can aim imo.

Last edited:
Defense 1 and 2 lets you block blaster bolts and sabers, although Level 1 makes them drain more FP and BP, Defense 3 makes it so if you get shot while swingblocking, it drains 5 FP instead of 20 FP.

Deflect 1-3 lets you redirect shots where your crosshair is by holding M1 + M2,
Deflect 1 lets you drain like 1-2 shots per second, and isn't very reliable at close range and it has constant FP drain by simply holding the buttons down
Deflect 2 lets you deflect a bit more shots per second, and is a bit more reliable at closer range, with a shorter but still constant FP drain while holding the buttons down
Deflect 3 lets you deflect most -if not all- shots back and is the most reliable at close range, and it drains 0 FP when you hold the buttons down, it simply stops your FP from regenning.

I always run the "Default" build.

All you need is push 3, saber defense 3 (for q3), and force block 2 or higher

@cannonfodder I see youre a man of culture. I believe most ppl dont understand how good speed 1 is.

Only problem with speed is the bug where when you use it after push or jump it takes the activation cost (25 fp?), plays the force speed sound effect, but doesn't actually activate.

And then the person you pushed gets up and blasts you.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Only problem with speed is the bug where when you use it after push or jump it takes the activation cost (25 fp?), plays the force speed sound effect, but doesn't actually activate.

Yep it is quite annoying and happens with mt too. Smth to do with too many commands at once I guess

You hold block. Deflect takes extra force points and aims the shot back at your target; In my opinion it's a waste of points, because you'll always run out of FP before the person shooting you runs out of HP. And you're usually being shot by more than 1 person anyways.

In any case, saber defense 3 means when you're shot at, the shot doesn't hit you. You trade fp for invulnerability.
proof that deflect needs buff

proof that deflect needs buff

Maaaaybe if deflect were the primary means of Jedi vs Gunner. But the devs went with the hack n slash as primary, and so deflect can play a good support role if you have allies in the fray.

I used to main deflect back in the day. I used it to 1HKO snipers that thought I was an easy target. If you do run deflect, I'd recommend using it when snipers are plentiful as a counter.

I sat in a server and tried to reproduce this to figure out how it works, and while I've never gotten it to work on Push, Pull, or a jump, if you input speed at any point while your lightsaber is being activated (when it's activated by the reload button, not by swinging or blocking) It will consistently eat the FP without activating

Maaaaybe if deflect were the primary means of Jedi vs Gunner. But the devs went with the hack n slash as primary, and so deflect can play a good support role if you have allies in the fray.

I used to main deflect back in the day. I used it to 1HKO snipers that thought I was an easy target. If you do run deflect, I'd recommend using it when snipers are plentiful as a counter.
Not worth it, you have to hope for a sniper and have to invest heavily to direct it accurately. Deflect is definitely next to useless and very situational