Push 3 nerf

Bud

I don't have a problem with the range of Push 3. I don't care how long the get up times are for gunman. But why does crouching still result in getting pushed? If crouching makes wookie slaps borderline useless then why should Push 3 still push gunman? I've just been in too many situations where I crouch, but someone with Push 3 puhes me right off a cliff.

I don't have a problem with the range of Push 3. I don't care how long the get up times are for gunman. But why does crouching still result in getting pushed? If crouching makes wookie slaps borderline useless then why should Push 3 still push gunman? I've just been in too many situations where I crouch, but someone with Push 3 puhes me right off a cliff.
2C2084F8-3C48-4063-9824-F4FBFC9B61AC.png

Reactions: Bud

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Ive noticed that during crouch animation (when you move into crouch position from a stand position) you are vulnerable to push if youre not holding walk. Probably smth to do with lag since if you spam crouch you can see your camera following you with a delay. So basically if you are running and suddenly decide to crouch you might get pushed in that short window of the animation unlike if you just started to walk instead where there is no such window.

you are not tho affected by push during crouch even if you do not hold walk.

Give push an 8 (eight)-10 (ten) second cooldown. Yes, my suggestions are the best. Also, remove damage reduction on jedi and sith and make a seperate FORCEWHORE class. Forcewhores keep damage reduction AND their models will consist of Yoda and manlet jedi.
Yep, I just made open mode seventeen times more fun

Giving push a longer cooldown would be an interesting way to diversify jedi gameplay. Instead of holding onto 1 forcepower which one would spam instead of using it more carefully, it would force jedi to use other force powers during its cooldown, such as pull or speed.

It would also somewhat nerf the instant usage/scripts of push+speed that cannot be performed if push is on cool down. The cooldown should be +(1-3) seconds extra.

It wouldn't be an extreme nerf at all, since push would work the same (minus a small range nerf), but it would encourage more skilful juggling between forcepowers, which ought to be less effortless than spamming one forcepower like push.

Give push an 8 (eight)-10 (ten) second cooldown. Yes, my suggestions are the best. Also, remove damage reduction on jedi and sith and make a seperate FORCEWHORE class. Forcewhores keep damage reduction AND their models will consist of Yoda and manlet jedi.

there is actually stuff being done to make forcewhore more viable pro gamer yam

Giving push a longer cooldown would be an interesting way to diversify jedi gameplay. Instead of holding onto 1 forcepower which one would spam instead of using it more carefully, it would force jedi to use other force powers during its cooldown, such as pull or speed.

It would also somewhat nerf the instant usage/scripts of push+speed that cannot be performed if push is on cool down. The cooldown should be +(1-3) seconds extra.

It wouldn't be an extreme nerf at all, since push would work the same (minus a small range nerf), but it would encourage more skilful juggling between forcepowers, which ought to be less effortless than spamming one forcepower like push.

yeah that's a decent way to approach a jedi vs gunner fight. There's the mindgame to think if you are safe to stop walking at risk of the jedi having pull as well

Bud

Ive noticed that during crouch animation (when you move into crouch position from a stand position) you are vulnerable to push if youre not holding walk. Probably smth to do with lag since if you spam crouch you can see your camera following you with a delay. So basically if you are running and suddenly decide to crouch you might get pushed in that short window of the animation unlike if you just started to walk instead where there is no such window.

you are not tho affected by push during crouch even if you do not hold walk.
No I've been in multiple instances where I'm holding crouch way before the jedi/sith pushes. It's never a sudden crouch from running.

Bud

I think the range on push 3 is excessive and should be toned down by maybe 30-40%
Maybe, but I only have a problem with the crouch thing and I've also now realized that jedi/sith can push soldiers while they're falling?!?

Bud

I agree there should be a cooldown to prevent spamming, not really sure about how a force whore would work though. I do like playing against Yoda in Legends though.

That little amount can still make a huge difference if you, for example, are crouching on the bridges on Deathstar.
That's why you move along deathstar bridges on the side further away from where you will be pushed. It's still very marginal and doesn't really have much of an impact on most other maps