Votes: 19 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Are you telling me that the main mode on mb2 hasnt been the priority? With nearly all devs working on it?

You mean to tell me, Tempest and Stassin, the only people really doing anything gameplay wise in the last 2 years... that have been doing competing saber builds + duel mode upgrades with a sprinkling of very minor open balance changes is having open a priority??? what you smokin.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
You need to stop thinking from your point of view and see it from everyone else's.

Every change that has been made has been done with the aim of making it better. Either by fixing a particular aspect or in a more general way. Things needed fixing and fixing them at best didn't improve the situation. There may be a set of tweaks that make you and 49 other people happy, but it'll make 50 other people think its worse.

There are many things that are objectively and factually bad about the current system. Obscure mechanics, a high barrier of entry and poor in game feedback being the most obvious.
I am thinking from other peoples pov too lol. Some of the fixing has been good and liked by the players but there has always been some new bad mechanics being added that shouldnt have been made (1.4 dueling patches for example) if something isnt working like it should, it needs to be fixed. Fixing known problems shouldnt make people upset

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
You mean to tell me, Tempest and Stassin, the only people really doing anything gameplay wise in the last 2 years... that have been doing competing saber builds + duel mode upgrades with a sprinkling of very minor open balance changes is having open a priority??? what you smokin.
Oh so the other devs are doing nothing? Its just tempest and stassin doing stuff ok

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Oh so the other devs are doing nothing? Its just tempest and stassin doing stuff ok

GCJ has been doing the backend rework stuff. Defiant + Pipex have been sprinkling a couple tutorial features here and there because of IRL being very busy for them. With defiant and redaurus doing a couple bug fixes as well that made it live. Thats about it.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
What about all the maps, remaking them, adding new weapons, characters blah blah

GCJ has been doing the backend rework stuff. Defiant + Pipex have been sprinkling a couple tutorial features here and there because of IRL being very busy for them. With defiant and redaurus doing a couple bug fixes as well that made it live. Thats about it.
So we are basically getting no where with the gameplay mechanics?

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
I am thinking from other peoples pov too lol. Some of the fixing has been good and liked by the players but there has always been some new bad mechanics being added that shouldnt have been made (1.4 dueling patches for example) if something isnt working like it should, it needs to be fixed. Fixing known problems shouldnt make people upset

You are not listening, and we went through this yesterday. Someone threw a 1.3 server up last year, and what happened? It wasn't as good as people remembered.

No one has ever changed the saber system just for the hell of it. Everything is done for a reason, for an objective. The objectives of the system are not achievable (I. E. To be fun) without a larger redesign. This should not be earth shattering logic.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Yes and all that have been made FOR open mode.

So, because sabering has been upgraded constantly and exists in open mode with all this, that means open mode has been a priority? Stop being disingenuous with your arguments, and you might be taken seriously.

So we are basically getting no where with the gameplay mechanics?

We are getting places, but the class backend changes need to go in before we start adding new abilities and things.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
You are not listening, and we went through this yesterday. Someone threw a 1.3 server up last year, and what happened? It wasn't as good as people remembered.

No one has ever changed the saber system just for the hell of it. Everything is done for a reason, for an objective. The objectives of the system are not achievable (I. E. To be fun) without a larger redesign. This should not be earth shattering logic.
Not fun for you perhaps but what about the players? 1.4.5 was quite fun and there were no large complaints about it. All it needed was some tweaking and bug fixes but then came big bad stassin and changed it big time

Not fun for you perhaps but what about the players? 1.4.5 was quite fun and there were no large complaints about it. All it needed was some tweaking and bug fixes but then came big bad stassin and changed it big time
If the devs are up to it we can pick up there for the time being and they will do there "redesign""

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
So, because sabering has been upgraded constantly and exists in open mode with all this, that means open mode has been a priority? Stop being disingenuous with your arguments, and you might be taken seriously.

We are getting places, but the class backend changes need to go in before we start adding new abilities and things.
So since mb2 was made, dueling had more changes than open mode? If not then i'd say open has been the priority

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader

1.4.5 certainly had all the problems I mentioned before. Also you can't claim to be the voice of the players. Or maybe I should just use your phrase - "Fun for you perhaps"

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
1.4.5 certainly had all the problems I mentioned before. Also you can't claim to be the voice of the players. Or maybe I should just use your phrase - "Fun for you perhaps"
I'm not claiming to be the voice of everyone, which is why i made this poll. From my expericences 1.4.5 was enjoyed by many

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
I know they dont. All im asking is to fix the issuses of the current system, which tempest has already done! But for some reason defiant decides that its not a fun system so we're not getting it
Because you are not the arbiter of what is fun, and I listen to more people than just you and because it's my job to use my best judgement for the good of the mod not to stroke your ego.

I have to think about what happens next, and the fact is I can have no confidence what so ever that we will ever to be able to say the saber system is complete.

It is a broken system that needs to be taken behind the barn and shot with both barrels. Then I will go down to the pet store and get you a new saber system.

Status
Not open for further replies.