Hello!

Never really posted on a forum before, but I've been on MBII for maybe a month now and my friends and I love it!

Also, are force-only Jedi/Sith builds useful/viable?

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Force-only Jedi/Sith, aka "Force Whores" (I wish they were called "Wizards"), are sort of a "meme" class. By which I mean, the main appeal is the wackiness of them. They're not really fully "viable," but they do have some actual power to them if used right (mostly either as support using Force Repulse, or getting a gunner into a 1v1).

Force-only Sith is way more common than Force-only Jedi, cuz Lightning Push (Lightning 3 with Push 3 bought, in Melee) is really strong (and memey) by itself. Force-only Jedi has a much harder time confirming kills on gunners, but they can still Repulse meme (try to catch people off guard). A more practical force-heavy Repulse Jedi build should probably have a saber and go for Mind Trick ez-ish kills on gunners. But all-in-all Repulse just isn't anywhere near as practical as having Saber Defense. Except for memes. And memes are funny.

Oh, also: A full on lightning wizard Sith with no saber can't do jack shit to a Strength 3 Wookiee. So that's something to watch for. Or a reason to carry a saber, even if you have no Saber Defense.

Repulse is what happens when you buy:
Jump 3
Push 3
Pull 3
Saber Defense 0
and then switch to Melee and press Class Special 1. It does a 360-degree superpush that knocks down for a really long time and often kills if the target hits a wall. Walking/crouching or saber blocking (only option if you're in the air) will block it tho, so you really gotta catch people off guard with it, either through ambushes or just surprise usage in chaotic team-fights.

The very large area of effect of Repulse DOES make it pretty handy in a supporting role to restrict the movements of a very aggressive enemy Jedi/Sith who's otherwise rolling your team. But you gotta be smart about it. If you're too close when you do it, and they block it, they can kill you pretty easily.

Last edited:
Wow, I thought they would be called something cooler ("Wizards" would sound cool) in this community. Are there any classes worth playing as a beginner? I find clones quite appealing to play as.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Clones are kinda the best beginner class, since they have two lives, pretty high health, and a "low-skill" gun (speaking as someone who plays Clone a lot).

If you're on Imperials, roughly equivalent would be a Commander with a level 3 T-21. With T-21 you wanna use the alt-fire way more than the primary fire, unless you have great aim or a stationary target.

Since I like explaining shit: One big skill element to Clone (and ARC) is sprinting + stamina management. Pressing Class Special 1 activates sprinting, and as long as sprinting is activating, your run speed will be higher but you'll drain Stamina (blue stuff) while running. Sprinting ends as soon as you walk, but, importantly, if you hold Class Special 1 while walking, you'll walk noticeably faster (you could call it "sprint walking"), which doesn't consume any Stamina, but prevents Stamina regeneration. For this reason (among others) I recommend having Class Special 1 on a mouse thumb button.

Sprinting also ends as soon as you fire, unless you buy Stamina 2. Firing while sprinting with Stamina 2 drains your Stamina twice as quickly (whereas it's normal Stamina cost if you buy Stamina 3). The ability to fire while sprinting is extremely valuable (vs both Gunners and Sith), so personally I recommend taking the default Clone build and trading the 3rd level of armor for 2 levels of Stamina.

Also, about the term "Force Whore", yeah... don't expect much uhh "classiness" from this community. :p That being said, with how much the community churns (players coming and going), it just occurred to me to wonder whether most players are actually familiar with the term "Force Whore" at this point. It doesn't come up that often... I think... not sure. :p

Last edited:
Wow, I thought they would be called something cooler ("Wizards" would sound cool) in this community. Are there any classes worth playing as a beginner? I find clones quite appealing to play as.
6 rockets Arc Trooper on a 32 player server playing mb2_smuggler

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Hello and welcome.
My personal build for both jedi/sith, can both support (push & stuff) and be an annoying jumping mole in enemy positions.

Jump 3
Push 3
Seeing 3
Any style here (I use yellow)
Defend 2
Force block 3

The last one makes sure it takes more time for you to get vulnerable against force powers and you don't really need defend 3 because it only halves the force points damage you take if you swingblock the shot (which you will rarely do). However this build is really team-oriented - you won't be able to do much with bad gunners.

If you hold Class Special 1 while walking, you'll walk noticeably faster (you could call it "sprint walking"), which doesn't consume any Stamina, but prevents Stamina regeneration.

Oof, this "sprintwalking" mechanic might be a detriment to me since I mainly use trackball mice.

Also, about the term "Force Whore", yeah... don't expect much uhh "classiness" from this community. :p That being said, with how much the community churns (players coming and going), it just occurred to me to wonder whether most players are actually familiar with the term "Force Whore" at this point. It doesn't come up that often... I think... not sure. :p

We can probably do the right thing and "newspeak" this term out of our vocabulary lol.

Hello and welcome.
My personal build for both jedi/sith, can both support (push & stuff) and be an annoying jumping mole in enemy positions.

Jump 3
Push 3
Seeing 3
Any style here (I use yellow)
Defend 2
Force block 3

Thanks for this build! I don't play much jedi/sith, but when I do, it's usually a Wizard build (no more "Force Whore" term pls).
What about the other saber styles? Are they viable in Open mode or are they just used in dueling modes/servers?

6 rockets Arc Trooper on a 32 player server

This was the first thing I did when I started playing MBII

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
What about the other saber styles? Are they viable in Open mode or are they just used in dueling modes/servers?
My views on this as someone who mostly plays gunner:
Cyan and Blue are good at smearing Soldiers, but a bit less good against other gunner classes since if they have high armor and full health they can take 2 hits to kill. Duals seem pretty good at smearing all kinds of gunners since they're pretty fast, hit hard, and have a great big hitbox. Staff is "unorthodox" (and doesn't have great reach) but viable as far as I can tell. Unless I've totally lost track of things, Red and Purple can't be flinched (but you slow down while swinging them), so they can kiiiinda faceroll gunners (while taking damage).

So in short: All the styles are pretty viable in their different stylistic ways. Also of course you can buy multiple styles and switch between em. I've always thought Staff + Red is a neat combination since they fill very different roles. Or Red + Blue.

Red in general is just really entertaining once you get your head around how it functions. It's such a sledgehammer. But since its defense rating is really bad, it's good to pair it with something like Blue or Staff for emergencies. Although its "defense" is arguably not terrible since it seems to be able to do some pretty terrifying counter-hits when attacked.

For Wizard builds, it can be handy to carry something like Cyan or Yellow just so you can get quick opportunistic kills if you catch someone off guard. Fast styles like that can also be used to desperately parry saber attacks.

Also: The Cultist Time series of videos is a really entertaining bunch of videos about a Sith Wizard with dual sabers and repulse.

Last edited: