Maren's Open Suggestion

Are these ideas good?

• Total voters
Open Mode
latest

Open Mode is certainly a decent mode already, with plenty of variation including some fun things such as jetpacks and explosives...
But how could it better?

- Droideka buff: If players invest more points in shields they should be twice as strong making them far deadlier and perhaps overpowered, this would make up for them not being able to jump requiring teamwork to destroy these droidekas and taking into consideration their slow movement. (whilst standing)

- Soldier Buff: Soldiers are great for starting out, but why can't they be more interesting and fun? if enough points are invested soldiers should be able to invest in more lives (at the expense of their better weapons or ammo) and soldiers should be able to invest in vibroblades as seen in Full Authentic mode to let old players show who's boss with a sword against a noob sith, obviously soldiers will be easy to kill, due to their lack of force/blaster defence..

- Bounty Hunter Buff: Bounty hunters are so epic in the movies, yet they aren't so good in the games ;/. Despite the obvious point of the Bounty Hunter class (To snipe from long range) Bounty Hunters should be a varied unit with similar stuff as the Mandalorians (perhaps without the Jetpack though) as well as extra small things such as perhaps Vibroblades/Deployable Gadgets such as turrets, i mean why not..

- Wookie: Now for the wookie, the class is quite strong and fun to play as, but what is the Bowcaster even.. I believe the Bowcaster should be buffed to either bounce of walls when charged, or do as much damage as a sniper when fully charged and invested in with points.

- For All Classes (Except Jedi & Sith): When playing Open mode in a certain way it feels a little bit lacking, compared to when i play Full Authentic, but if things such as Gadgets were implemented (perhaps even the models from Full Authentic too) into open mode to make it feel more like a sandbox shoot out, i feel like it would set a new era for Movie Battles..

Last edited:
Open Mode
latest

Open Mode is certainly a decent mode already, with plenty of variation including some fun things such as jetpacks and explosives...
But how could it better?

- Droideka buff: If players invest more points in shields they should be twice as strong making them far deadlier and perhaps overpowered, this would make up for them not being able to jump requiring teamwork to destroy these droidekas and taking into consideration their slow movement. (whilst standing)

- Soldier Buff: Soldiers are great for starting out, but why can't they be more interesting and fun? if enough points are invested soldiers should be able to invest in more lives (at the expense of their better weapons or ammo) and soldiers should be able to invest in vibroblades as seen in Full Authentic mode to let old players show who's boss with a sword against a noob sith, obviously soldiers will be easy to kill, due to their lack of force/blaster defence..

- Bounty Hunter Buff: Bounty hunters are so epic in the movies, yet they aren't so good in the games ;/. Despite the obvious point of the Bounty Hunter class (To snipe from long range) Bounty Hunters should be a varied unit with similar stuff as the Mandalorians (perhaps without the Jetpack though) as well as extra small things such as perhaps Vibroblades/Deployable Gadgets such as turrets, i mean why not..

- Wookie: Now for the wookie, the class is quite strong and fun to play as, but what is the Bowcaster even.. I believe the Bowcaster should be buffed to either bounce of walls when charged, or do as much damage as a sniper when fully charged and invested in with points.

- For All Classes (Except Jedi & Sith): When playing Open mode in a certain way it feels a little bit lacking, compared to when i play Full Authentic, but if things such as Gadgets were implemented (perhaps even the models from Full Authentic too) into open mode to make it feel more like a sandbox shoot out, i feel like it would set a new era for Movie Battles..

Hey buddy. I noticed that you accidentally left SBDs out of your buff list.

giphy.gif

I want bullet deflect, infinite battery, and a jetpack. For 'balancing' purposes.

Last edited:
To be fair, gadgets would be pretty fucking sweet. Game could do with new gameplay content outside of new maps, and though you'd have to scale all the items out balance-wise, emplaced guns and shields could probably be used in some really creative ways

why? ;/
To be fair, gadgets would be pretty fucking sweet. Game could do with new gameplay content outside of new maps, and though you'd have to scale all the items out balance-wise, emplaced guns and shields could probably be used in some really creative ways
It seems possible based of the give all command, and i think they would balance things out against the large buffs given to the droidekas ;p

Karus

Donator
The idea of gadgets would be kinda cool to see, especially for BH/Heroes's or something. But I'm not sure if the buff's you listed would impact the game very well.

The idea of gadgets would be kinda cool to see, especially for BH/Heroes's or something. But I'm not sure if the buff's you listed would impact the game very well.
I'd give the emplaced gun to ET and Commander and make it cost 30/40 points. A bit like CR3, you'd have to sacrifice your 2nd chance for a more supportive role by providing suppressive fire.
Maybe reduce the shields length and height and give it multiple uses so that maybe clone troopers could use it as an on-the-go barricade for holding choke points?
BHs or Heros could have seeker drones similar to the auto-turrets in BF2 2005

I'd give the emplaced gun to ET and Commander and make it cost 30/40 points. A bit like CR3, you'd have to sacrifice your 2nd chance for a more supportive role by providing suppressive fire.
Maybe reduce the shields length and height and give it multiple uses so that maybe clone troopers could use it as an on-the-go barricade for holding choke points?
BHs or Heros could have seeker drones similar to the auto-turrets in BF2 2005
Hero's could switch and alternate between its weapons and gadgets to either be a support role or simply an elite trooper.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Deka: it's going to be a busted class no matter what you do to it. The very fact that people haven't been abusing quick deploy is astounding to me. You can deploy quickly AND fuck off quickly. Who thought giving a class an ability like that with no apparent downsides besides you spent points on it was a good idea?

Soldier: it's fine, aim your gun and use concs, frags are a waste of points when you can just use concs instead. The only things I'd do to it to make it feel more like a soldier aren't possible because the animations don't exist.

BH: are you kidding? Sniper has never been in a better place, and with recent buffs to E-11 primary fire and DLT still being a strong alternative I don't really see how anyone can have any trouble getting kills as a BH. That said, if you're using E-11 or DLT you're a scrub and need to switch to P3 immediately because it's easy.

Wookiee: it's fine. I have no words for wookiee, because I actually just wish it was not in the game right now.

Last edited:

Mr Happy Fridge

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Deka is already pretty OP and requires teamwork to kill anyways bar a few classes/situations, not sure why you would buff the shield as it already has 300+ strength and can be constantly regenerated with power management and other abilities can also benefit this.

Rather than buffing Soldiers and adding even more features to BH, I think what you mentioned should actually be another class that can be accessed by both teams, that are a mixture of ET and Hero/BH, unsure of the what you would name it however it could be a class that has some of the mentioned Gadgets from FA or you could invest in to a Vibroblade and a pistol and maybe some other Blaster. Models could include Republic troopers and Sith soldiers (Kotor era) and Magna Guards, Praetorian Guard.... and so on.

Wookie is a terrible class right now, it’s hardly played since it seems to be designed to be a big tank but to be effective you have to play stealth melee? Or if using bowcaster it’s potential is purely from using charged shot like another sniper rifle? Class is just a big walking target and easily outplayed even by ‘lesser’ classes like ET.
The Bowcaster should have more options to invest in to, maybe invest points in to Rate of Fire? And invest points in to higher damage separately? Shoulder charge should be it’s own skill separate from Rage. Not sure what else you could do to this class.

Deka: it's going to be a busted class no matter what you do to it. The very fact that people haven't been abusing quick deploy is astounding to me. You can deploy quickly AND fuck off quickly. Who thought giving a class an ability like that with no apparent downsides besides you spent points on it was a good idea?

Soldier: it's fine, aim your gun and use concs, frags are a waste of points when you can just use concs instead. The only things I'd do to it to make it feel more like a soldier aren't possible because the animations don't exist.

BH: are you kidding? Sniper has never been in a better place, and with recent buffs to E-11 primary fire and DLT still being a strong alternative I don't really see how anyone can have any trouble getting kills as a BH. That said, if you're using E-11 or DLT you're a scrub and need to switch to P3 immediately because it's easy.

Wookiee: it's fine. I have no words for wookiee, because I actually just wish it was not in the game right now.
Thanks for your response, i think it's worth noting that the droideka has many disadvantages on many maps due to the time it takes for it to switch into the roll mode and also the fact that it can't jump.
But you haven't mentioned about the ideas i had for soldier such as more lives, since noobs get crushed often and then don't come back, also with vibroblades veteran players might have fun taking on noob sith/jedi whilst avoiding their force powers

Deka is already pretty OP and requires teamwork to kill anyways bar a few classes/situations, not sure why you would buff the shield as it already has 300+ strength and can be constantly regenerated with power management and other abilities can also benefit this.

Rather than buffing Soldiers and adding even more features to BH, I think what you mentioned should actually be another class that can be accessed by both teams, that are a mixture of ET and Hero/BH, unsure of the what you would name it however it could be a class that has some of the mentioned Gadgets from FA or you could invest in to a Vibroblade and a pistol and maybe some other Blaster. Models could include Republic troopers and Sith soldiers (Kotor era) and Magna Guards, Praetorian Guard.... and so on.

Wookie is a terrible class right now, it’s hardly played since it seems to be designed to be a big tank but to be effective you have to play stealth melee? Or if using bowcaster it’s potential is purely from using charged shot like another sniper rifle? Class is just a big walking target and easily outplayed even by ‘lesser’ classes like ET.
The Bowcaster should have more options to invest in to, maybe invest points in to Rate of Fire? And invest points in to higher damage separately? Shoulder charge should be it’s own skill separate from Rage. Not sure what else you could do to this class.
Thanks for the input, i'd certainly be cool to see some things from FA put into open so it feels more like a sandbox pvp where anything goes