Roadmap

You guys have been asking for years for more and more transparency as to what we are working on with some suggesting the creation of a public roadmap.

Well, today is that day.

What to Expect:

• Seeing various Tasks under specific development categories.
  • Developers working on a Task.
  • Checklists, Notes, Screenshots showing the progress of a Task.
  • Release Estimates.
  • Dreams for the future.
  • Recent Release Category with all recently released items.
Please take note:
  • Items on the roadmap are potential goals for the MBII team to update at their discretion.
  • Not all potential items are currently listed.
  • Items are always subject to change.
  • The existence of an item being on the roadmap itself does not guarantee that item to ever be released.
  • An item's release date is an estimation intended to act as a goal for that particular item, but does not guarantee that item's release.
  • The roadmap is a living document that is still fairly fresh:
    • Features in the roadmap are still being added and constructed.
    • Not all developers are yet included in the roadmap.

Why not add the Blaster skin choice menu? A gunner equivalent to Jedi/Sith Hilt choice menu. For example letting a Stormtrooper to walk around with the E-5 Droid Blaster or the First Order Stormtrooper Commander using an upcoming E-22. Also could you update the rifle holding animation? (E-11, T-21 A-280, Projectile Rifle, DLT-20A, Disruptor Rifle and FA Concussion Rifle) Replacing it with a Clone Rifle holding animation would be nice. I'd like to point out that Clone Pistol includes recoil animation, but DL-44 and Westar-34 don't. Small things, but let's be honest. Jedi/Sith get the most attention and Gunners need some love as well. (Please bring back 3 instead of 2 Clone Concussive/Shock Blasts per level...)

Please add more taunts to the characters, such as "The droid attack on the wookies" to Jedi Master Ki-adi Mundi and "It's over, I have the high ground" to Kenobi.
Hell, even add "activate emergency booster engines!" to General Grievous.
We can never have too many star wars memes.

Why not add the Blaster skin choice menu? A gunner equivalent to Jedi/Sith Hilt choice menu. For example letting a Stormtrooper to walk around with the E-5 Droid Blaster or the First Order Stormtrooper Commander using an upcoming E-22. Also could you update the rifle holding animation? (E-11, T-21 A-280, Projectile Rifle, DLT-20A, Disruptor Rifle and FA Concussion Rifle) Replacing it with a Clone Rifle holding animation would be nice. I'd like to point out that Clone Pistol includes recoil animation, but DL-44 and Westar-34 don't. Small things, but let's be honest. Jedi/Sith get the most attention and Gunners need some love as well. (Please bring back 3 instead of 2 Clone Concussive/Shock Blasts per level...)
Nah.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Why not add the Blaster skin choice menu? A gunner equivalent to Jedi/Sith Hilt choice menu. For example letting a Stormtrooper to walk around with the E-5 Droid Blaster or the First Order Stormtrooper Commander using an upcoming E-22.
It's a bunch of work, but I for one don't have a problem with the idea.

Also could you update the rifle holding animation? (E-11, T-21 A-280, Projectile Rifle, DLT-20A, Disruptor Rifle and FA Concussion Rifle) Replacing it with a Clone Rifle holding animation would be nice.
This is something that's been considered, actually. Not sure what the likelihood is of it actually being cemented. One thing I'll say is that giving A280 the same anim as CR would make it a little harder for a Sense 3 Sith to discern between the two classes. More distinct silhouettes are kiiiinda nice to have for visual clarity in general. Tho the helmets/armor do give clones a distinct silhouette anyway...

I'd like to point out that Clone Pistol includes recoil animation, but DL-44 and Westar-34 don't.
This is actually something I scoured through the code trying to understand, once. I didn't manage to understand it. I may need to improve my understanding of the animation system as a whole, I don't quite get how it all fits together. I think the first-person viewmodel for dual clone pistols actually animates strangely as a side-effect of.............................................................................................. the incredible strangeness of the animation system for guns. I won't explain further cuz I don't think I understand completely, but my impression of how it works is that it's scary and evil.

I just don't like the rifle holding animation we have now. It clips through the right side of the body on lots of characters and extreme example is fat characters such as Porkins. Sense 3 is a waste of Class Points anyway. You can use your minimap with sense 2 or just 1 to seek out the unfortunate gunners or a saberist in position to sneak attack your first teammate who goes near him oblivious to what's waiting for him. My idea to make Sense 3 useful is a small invisible circle around the Jedi/Sith that gives anyone in it Sense 1. (Maximum 3 can have this effect)