So I guess I'm taking a break...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
Hello All. I'll start by saying thank you to those of you who care. I have had a lot of fun in this community and most of it is thanks to the relationships I've developed over the years. I can confidently say that without this mod and the people who play/create it, my life would be substantially less memorable. So for that, I thank you all so much!

So why am I leaving? It has nothing to do with the game, the developers, or the players. I started playing this game almost four years ago. All I've wanted to do is see the game succeed. I've participated as a beta tester, and a moderator to the forums and the Discord server. I've actively tried to engage the community and even started a small clan to get together with like minded individuals who want to improve the state of the game's fanbase. This was definitely the hardest part of my MBII career (lol) .
I received massive amounts of hate directly and indirectly. Sometimes from other respected members of the community, sometimes from entire clans, but I never let it get to me. I believe that the best way to earn respect is to be respectful. Anyways. FTG and it's members have been so supportive of me not just in MBII but in my personal life as well. So let me get to the part that's important.
I've been messed up for a really long time. I was clinically diagnosed with depression in 2015. I have been prescribed many anti-depressants to no avail. They don't seem to have any effect on my system according to my doctor. I don't like blaming things, but because of this I turned to alcohol. I never really ever thought I'd get to the point where my mild drinking would turn to alcoholism, but here I am.
I don't like the state of life I'm in. I don't like the person I am. I reached my lowest point this week, and really don't think it's worth talking about. I stopped playing the game consistently and communicating with my clan members. I stopped posting on the forums. I stopped attending beta tests, and I stopped paying for the FTG website. Most of this inactivity was due to moving to a full time position at my job, and so the only free time I had was spent drinking. I don't really want to sit here and waste resources.

So my break... I will return, I just don' t know when. I want to work on my personal life a bit more. I want to get sober. So for now, I'm resigning from the beta testers, and as a MBII. I'll still be active on Discord, and I'll login every now and then to respond to reports on the forums and do basic moderation. As for FTG, Ill still be in the official FTG Discord, and it will remain up, but the clan is officially disbanded. I'll message Circa and have FTG removed from the JKHub Bar. I'll continue to respond to messages on here when I'm able to log on, but will not be making posts unless necessary for moderation. This will be the last post I'm responding to. I wish you all the best, and I can't wait to see what's changed when I come back. Thanks for reading this. Thanks for the positive messages that some of you sent to me. I really do appreciate them. I don't like writing huge posts like this, so I'll just leave it here. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks so much for all the fun!

Fletcher, first of all I want to thank you for creating such an awesome community, I met a lot of really good people through it, people with whom I keep talking and I consider them friends. Personally, it's easily the best "clan" or whatever you want to call it I have been part of. I know it's pretty unactive right now and everyone is doing their thing, but I had a lot of great moments with you guys, and whenever someone needed to share their problems or just talk with someone, everyone was always supportive.
I know what dealing with depression and not liking the person you are is like, and finding the right treatment is not that easy, and we end up doing anything to help cope with it. We haven't met in person but from my point of view, I believe you are a great person. We can talk anytime you want, you know I'm usually active on discord.
I wish you well in anything you do to get better, stay strong my dude.

We don't know each other whatsoever, but take your time and be strong. Substance abuse is hard to deal with, but you have the good outlook about it.
Good luck !

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
Good luck and i hope you get better. It's great that you know your problem instead of denying it so thats the first step forward!

Last edited:
Whenever I felt like shit FTG always cheered me up, and that's all thanks to you for making it in the first place. Although I'm not a member anymore, feel free to DM me if you need someone to relate/vent to. Hope you get better man, good luck.

Address your drinking before it becomes a problem you can't fix by quitting. That's advice you should take to heart. Good luck, hope you overcome your shit and who knows what pastures you might graze on in the future.

I would suggest working out or doing any form of physical exercise if your current job doesn't have that much, doing it first thing in the morning can help to wake up if your have enough willpower to do it daily or most days.

Plus one day you might get great padding just like me ;)

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
I would suggest working out or doing any form of physical exercise if your current job doesn't have that much, doing it first thing in the morning can help to wake up if your have enough willpower to do it daily or most days.

Plus one day you might get great padding just like me ;)
I’ll give it a try!

Sorry to read that buddy.

We dont know each other very well, actually we dont... But once i've wrote a big fat book on this forum about my ideas on how to improve the game and unlike most others you've been very kind, suportive, positive and it gave me some confidence to believe in my ideas.. It made me happier.

So i'm gonna return the favor today and tell you that I believe in you! You're a great person and i'm confident you'll pass through this bullshit buddy, real hope you do believe in that as well.

Fair well, until our path cross again someday and beyond.

And remember... The Force will be with you, always.

You'll be highly missed

tumblr_nkreooJLp81rbttujo2_540.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Will definitely try it.
Do or Do not, there is no try ( unless it's Noob and buttstuff, he seems to be trying it out alot.)

Good luck dude, getting into a sport is a good way to deal with this sort of thing.
Most sports are a competitive thing by definition or need others to perform, this can be good for motivation but can also restrain periods of activities. But most good source of physical activity will release neurotransmitters that usually have a positive effect on individuals.

D

Deleted member 5707

Good luck bro. Life is hard, but I'm glad you have the resolve to want to fix it instead of just succumbing to it. Realizing you have a problem is always the first step to fixing it, and you got that down so I'd say you're making pretty good progress :).

Eazy E

Banned
Hello All. I'll start by saying thank you to those of you who care. I have had a lot of fun in this community and most of it is thanks to the relationships I've developed over the years. I can confidently say that without this mod and the people who play/create it, my life would be substantially less memorable. So for that, I thank you all so much!

So why am I leaving? It has nothing to do with the game, the developers, or the players. I started playing this game almost four years ago. All I've wanted to do is see the game succeed. I've participated as a beta tester, and a moderator to the forums and the Discord server. I've actively tried to engage the community and even started a small clan to get together with like minded individuals who want to improve the state of the game's fanbase. This was definitely the hardest part of my MBII career (lol) .
I received massive amounts of hate directly and indirectly. Sometimes from other respected members of the community, sometimes from entire clans, but I never let it get to me. I believe that the best way to earn respect is to be respectful. Anyways. FTG and it's members have been so supportive of me not just in MBII but in my personal life as well. So let me get to the part that's important.
I've been messed up for a really long time. I was clinically diagnosed with depression in 2015. I have been prescribed many anti-depressants to no avail. They don't seem to have any effect on my system according to my doctor. I don't like blaming things, but because of this I turned to alcohol. I never really ever thought I'd get to the point where my mild drinking would turn to alcoholism, but here I am.
I don't like the state of life I'm in. I don't like the person I am. I reached my lowest point this week, and really don't think it's worth talking about. I stopped playing the game consistently and communicating with my clan members. I stopped posting on the forums. I stopped attending beta tests, and I stopped paying for the FTG website. Most of this inactivity was due to moving to a full time position at my job, and so the only free time I had was spent drinking. I don't really want to sit here and waste resources.

So my break... I will return, I just don' t know when. I want to work on my personal life a bit more. I want to get sober. So for now, I'm resigning from the beta testers, and as a MBII. I'll still be active on Discord, and I'll login every now and then to respond to reports on the forums and do basic moderation. As for FTG, Ill still be in the official FTG Discord, and it will remain up, but the clan is officially disbanded. I'll message Circa and have FTG removed from the JKHub Bar. I'll continue to respond to messages on here when I'm able to log on, but will not be making posts unless necessary for moderation. This will be the last post I'm responding to. I wish you all the best, and I can't wait to see what's changed when I come back. Thanks for reading this. Thanks for the positive messages that some of you sent to me. I really do appreciate them. I don't like writing huge posts like this, so I'll just leave it here. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks so much for all the fun!
BB Didn't talk to you much but you seemed like a cool guy when I did.
Hopefully you'll be back soon (they always come back).

Status
Not open for further replies.