•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher Corrupted launcher?

Hiya

So recently, I wanted to get back into MB2, and when I launched it from my desktop it told me I had to update to the new 3.0.1. I did this, and in the middle of the 'update', the launcher closes and the launcher I was using was replaced with a new MBIILauncher.exe. Whenever I launch this new launcher, I get this message:
C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData\MBIILauncher.exe
The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable.

When I run it as an administrator, I get this message:
Windows cannot find 'C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData\MBIILauncher.exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

I've tried using the AutoUpdate.exe but the same thing happens. I've uninstalled JKA and MB2 and reinstalled both, but the same thing happens. I'm guessing it's a simple fix for an error on my side, but I'm not good at this type of thing and would appreciate any help I could get. Thanks in advance!

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
What anti-virus are you using? Have you tried disabling it whilst installing?

I'm using Trend Micro Security and I've disabled it but the same error occurs.

EDIT: It's started to work, not sure why. I restarted my computer and reinstalled a third time, and it's validating now. Thanks for the help anyway!

Last edited:

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Trend Micro

Trend Micro is one of the anti-virus vendors who have a false positive detection on the launcher. Worse yet, they don't allot submissions from anyone who isn't a customer when they get things wrong.

For info, here are the anti-virus vendors who currently pick up the launcher as a false positive:
VirusTotal