•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Launcher update

On a Mac. Having trouble using the auto update file (it crashes every time using Mono32). The launcherLIN works fine using the same command (mono32), but I need to update to 3.60 (whatever the latest is) to play. Links for 3.60 are broken. Any direct downloads for it that work? Please help!

Thanks,
FloydianRequiem

Hey, thanks for replying. Upon launching this one, it still says I need to update the launcher (to 3.0.1, my mistake). However, like I said, the auto updater doesn't work with mono properly, and the download links either have out-of-date files, or are broken.
Do you, or anybody, have the 3.0.1 launcher file/s that I could just plant into the folder?

Thanks,
FloydianRequiem

P.S. your quote is very true.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Hey, thanks for replying. Upon launching this one, it still says I need to update the launcher (to 3.0.1, my mistake). However, like I said, the auto updater doesn't work with mono properly, and the download links either have out-of-date files, or are broken.
Do you, or anybody, have the 3.0.1 launcher file/s that I could just plant into the folder?

Thanks,
FloydianRequiem

P.S. your quote is very true.

http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/MBII_Patcher.dll
http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/MBIILauncherLIN.exe

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
i put it in the contents folder, and the MBII subfolder
contents folder
The hell
I suspect you're another guy who put Launcher and MBII folder somewhere inside of SWJKJA.app bundle?
If it's true, this is something who should NOT to do. Bundles have to be treated as read-only objects, you shouldn't modify them in any way unless you have a pretty good reason to do it.

Correct destination for MBLauncher.exe and MBII folder is:
Steam: /Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy
CD: /Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy MP
the Launcher file you gave me fails to run. A little explanation would be nice.
A full and complete citation of error text would be nice.
The number of people who only said "I have an error" without providing any additional information, WITHOUT EVEN QUOTING error message is out of limits these days, and it's annoying tbh.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Not sure what I'm supposed to do with the patcher .dll, i put it in the contents folder, and the MBII subfolder, just to be safe. the Launcher file you gave me fails to run. A little explanation would be nice.

Both files go in the folder immediately above your MBII folder. Whatever the equivalence of GameData on Windows is. The crash will most likely be because it can't load the dll.