V1.4.9 Update Released

mb2_logo_1.png

V1.4.9 Update

CHANGELOG (4 March 2018)

Maps

• New: Dxun (mb2_dxun)
  • New: Scarif (mb2_scarif)
    • Note: K-2SO temporarily using HK-47 model as K-2SO model wasn't finished in time.
    • Note: Imperial team seeing bomb item location before placement is a known issue.
  • Change: Duel of the Fates (mb2_dotf)
    • Modified OBJ area to decrease central area, bring pillars inwards, and expand cap radius outside pillars.
    • Objective Capture Timer increased from 12 seconds to 14 seconds.
    • Added N1 Starfighters, Royal Starship, and access maintenance stairs.
    • Removed some clips across the map to allow people to access some more spots in main and left side route.
    • Minor visibility portal and brushwork optimizations in Throne Room.
  • Change: Duel Duel of the Fates (mb2_duel_dotf)
    • Added N1 Starfighters to match main DOTF.
  • Change: Lunarbase Revamp (mb2_lunarbase)
    • Major redesigns for Main Hangar, Storage Room, Control Room.
    • Minor redesigns for Generator, Tunnel, Vents, Imperial Main.
    • Cross map visual overhaul to update it.
    • Added many more ambient sounds across the map.
    • Fixed Objective notification sounds.
    • Increased imperial spawn point count to prevent crashes.
    • Adjusted the size and placement of a few boxes.
    • Updated Minimap, Objective, and Loadscreen images.
  • Change: Starkiller Base (mb2_starkiller_base)
    • Added a warning on the bridge to return to the objective, if the player ignores this warning and continues further down the bridge they will take damage.
    • Removed the timer to open the side door near the Resistance spawn.
    • Added another corridor that leads into main from the Resistance spawn. The door for this leading into main starts off locked and will open when somebody goes near the door from the Resistance spawn side.
    • Added another corridor into the main objective room.
    • Removed some extraneous files present in mbassets3.pk3
    • Replaced Full Authentic Hux model with new open mode model.
  • Change: Duel Starkiller Base
    • Merged into mb2_starkiller_base pk3.
  • Fix: Cloud City
    • Fixed a glitch in main where you could get into the map.
    • Fixed a glitch in the upper part of side route pillars.
    • Blocked off a spot that was inaccessible to most classes and used for timewasting.
    • Fixed accidental regression that caused rotunda glass to reflect blasters. They no longer reflect blasters.
  • Fix: Death Star
    • Blocked off hanging pillars to remove timewasting places.
    • Blocked off upper catwalks in TIE hangar.
    • Added poison flag to the poison trigger in Cells.
    • Modified triggers on elevator to control room to prevent spam keeping it in the up position.
  • Fix: Kamino
    • Blocked off area above main side route elevator that could be used to glitch through the map.
    • Blocked off pipes near objective to prevent people glitching inside.
  • Fix: Star Forge Duel
    • Fixed multiple instances of visible caulk.
    • Fixed multiple instances of Z-fighting.
    • Minor visibility portal optimization.
    • Minor lighting changes.
    • Minor brushwork optimization.
    • Minor brushwork change to make pit not visible outside windows.
    • Added falling trigger_hurt to mitigate out of map abuse. Pit is also now no longer accessible.
  • Removed: Removed winter event maps.
Models
  • New: General Hux.
  • New: Death Trooper
  • New: Female First Order Officer
  • New: Ben Solo Hilt.
  • Change: Poe Updates
  • Change: Rey Updates
  • Change: Finn Updates
  • Fix: LODs for Droideka models.

Misc
  • New: Added rcon command map_restart_mb for map_restarts via rcon, since map_restart is an engine command and I couldn't force the spec fix on it.
  • Fix: Forceteam bug with arc not being able to go mando due to missing model has been fixed
  • Fix: Autobalance exploit has been fixed: your team is now set when you click the team icon and doesn't wait for you to hit OKAY.
  • Fix: Changing teams will now close the class menu and not remember previous classes/models selected from the team you intend to join.
  • Fix: The 'red text' jedi/sith joinbug should now be fixed.
  • Fix: The way character sounds are loaded has been changed in order to reduce start of round lag and improve stability on Mac systems.

Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads ) ( Linux OpenJK server lib )
Code:
-MBII
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.so
FAMBModels.pk3
mb2_cloudcity.pk3
mb2_duel_starforge.pk3
mb2_deathstar,pk3
mb2_dotf.pk3
mb2_dxun.pk3
mb2_kamino.pk3
mb2_lunarbase.pk3
mb2_scarif.pk3
mb2_starkiller_base.pk3
MBAssets2.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBAssets4.pk3
MBHilts.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so
zz_MBModels.pk3
zz_MBModels2.pk3

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

Special thanks to @Viserys for coming out of retirement to help with the Join bug and Force Team fixes.

Last edited by a moderator:
No it wasn't. There is no cover there and no space to move around. Meaning that anybody with half a braincell can easily spray you down with an e11 while you sit there trying to do anything

Tbh not from what i've seen and done, but if you say so.

No it wasn't. There is no cover there and no space to move around. Meaning that anybody with half a braincell can easily spray you down with an e11 while you sit there trying to do anything
not to mention one decent pushy boy with a lightstick is going to fuck you up anyways

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Also, are the star fighters necessary to have in the duel variant of DOTF? I'm getting some FPS issues now that I didn't have in the past.

They were requested by community months ago. I highly doubt they are the cause of FPS issues given that all 4 models in the hangar equate to about the same resources as a single player model. They're really optimized for what they are at about 1,300 triangles per. Something else might be going wrong. If it was the N1s, one of the higher tri count models would have set it off before. Though I would really like to use LODs for them as I made them, but for some reason LODs are broken on misc_model_statics.... GRRRRRRR

Personally I'm not having issue and my rig is far from being a top one, so idk.

I5+ SLI GTX9604gb and 12gb ramm.

I like the Nubian as well, imo x3 cooler the catwalk ever was.

I'll say nice work

Sad

Any news on when Snoke will be added? He will make a fine reindition to my collection..

Man, you didn't need to block off the whole TIE hangar ceiling on DS. It would be much better if you copied and pasted that railing bar like this on each side and then just blocked off the catwalks:
Screenshot_3.png
Or just blocked off the catwalks without blocking the rest of the ceiling.

And you didn't need to block off all of the tractor beam shaft pillars, the only places problematic where you could timewaste are the back sides of these two far away pillars above the tractor beam side obj console, where the stickman is:
shot2016-11-20_19-00-541-jpg.1385

Sad

I actually think its a shame that the beams are blocked off. It was cool to be able to use them as a point of ambush.
Im okay with the Tie Hangar catwalk being gone, but the beams, both hanging and standing, is something I really miss.

Man, you didn't need to block off the whole TIE hangar ceiling on DS. It would be much better if you copied and pasted that railing bar like this on each side and then just blocked off the catwalks:
Or just blocked off the catwalks without blocking the rest of the ceiling.

And you didn't need to block off all of the tractor beam shaft pillars, the only places problematic where you could timewaste are the back sides of these two far away pillars above the tractor beam side obj console, where the stickman is:
shot2016-11-20_19-00-541-jpg.1385
I've seen most timewaste occuring on the bottom pillars close to the manual trigger.

manual trigger?
The tractor beam deactivation panel.
The three pillars at the bottom of the deathpit. People mostly stood on the outside on the ledge between the two support thing and were mostly invincible other than against BH's poison darts ( if you could hit the pixels of the model that was peaking out or in the gap) or with a good sniper shot during the taunt.

I like the new maps even though they are sniper fests.
Would be nice to have an option to disable the waterfall effects on Dxun (fx_vfps 0 works but it comes at a price)

Lunarbase hangar has too much stuff in it for it's smaller size, so it's hard to keep track of everything there as a gunner. Otherwise it's a great revamp.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Would be nice to have an option to disable the waterfall effects on Dxun (fx_vfps 0 works but it comes at a price)

Sno could add the placeholder fx I created for RC and use enhanced FX settings for it (IE low uses placeholder, high uses current fx)