Droideka Change

First off, droidekas suck. Really badly. Especially against jedi. All I propose is one simple change:

Give deka discharge by default, without having to buy it, and then let the deka pick between quick deploy and power management. Just this change alone would be enough to allow deka to have a chance against jedi, and still be able to use power management or quick deploy.

EDIT: Also, advanced logic 1 is useless.

Last edited:
Most people suck at it, doesnt mean its bad tho.

Theres only 1 or 2 persons in the whole community who are actually pretty good at it!

Would be beter to have their oppinions first before concluding on some random changes.

I heard they did nerf it, I never played deka when it was more powerful. But im telling you, jedi can easily destroy you. There is no counter for them if you don't get discharge.

I really couldnt tell my good fellow, deka never been my thing.

All I know is there are some people i've met on rare occasions which were real good at it, agaisnt Jedi, or anything else really, with and without discharge as well.

I've saw a guy once who used the rolling mechanic to dodge Jedi sabers by getting on their heads, and then rolling back on ground, then running away and keep on supresing fire

Well, one of the issues is probably that deka blasters have the lowest FP drain of any weapon in the game. With this in play, all you have to do is hold block, and suddenly, the deka isn't a threat. I'd propose giving dekas their actually decent FP drains back.

Well, one of the issues is probably that deka blasters have the lowest FP drain of any weapon in the game. With this in play, all you have to do is hold block, and suddenly, the deka isn't a threat. I'd propose giving dekas their actually decent FP drains back.
1v1 vs a deka in the tie hangar is pretty impossible to win. In a small spaces deka will pin you down and run away. Sure you can jump on them but as most other classes you can't do much other than abuse corners. King deka can take care of pretty much anything because he picks discharge and doesn't need quick deploy.

Power management is ridiculously overpowered if you know how to use it. Absolutely no gunner stands a chance + constant stream of lasors keeps jedi in check. Just gotta watch out for Speed Lunge and stick with your team. You can literally hold a narrow corridor with an entire rebel team for the length of the round.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
Power management is ridiculously overpowered if you know how to use it. Absolutely no gunner stands a chance + constant stream of lasors keeps jedi in check. Just gotta watch out for Speed Lunge and stick with your team. You can literally hold a narrow corridor with an entire rebel team for the length of the round.

Shh, stop spilling the secret! It was already really good before it got buffed a few patches ago. Everyone thinks quick deploy/discharge is the way to go and ignores the ability to swap between having practically infinite shields and practically infinite ammo.

Yet a power management deka is practically guaranteed to die to a singular ion grenade. I mean really, those things counter deka a bit TOO strongly.

Yet a power management deka is practically guaranteed to die to a singular ion grenade. I mean really, those things counter deka a bit TOO strongly.
Deka gets EMPd > packs up > rolls away. Nice counter.

I heard they did nerf it, I never played deka when it was more powerful. But im telling you, jedi can easily destroy you. There is no counter for them if you don't get discharge.
Yeah, it's a choice between an ability that annihilates jedi (discharge) and an ability that annihilates gunners (power management). If you think a deka can't do well without both, I think you have a very serious l2p problem.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
From my point of view, droideka is just a very special class, that cannot balanced properly for every scenario.
In some situations, it's overpowered and destroys opponents easily; In other cases, it run out of options and dies fast.
Some people would say that this can applied to any other class as well, but I really think that deka is different, special and cannot tuned like other classes.

It's just the way it is, and there is not a lot that can be done about.

From my point of view, droideka is just a very special class, that cannot balanced properly for every scenario.
In some situations, it's overpowered and destroys opponents easily; In other cases, it run out of options and dies fast.
Some people would say that this can applied to any other class as well, but I really think that deka is different, special and cannot tuned like other classes.

It's just the way it is, and there is not a lot that can be done about.

I actually agree on this one. Deka is just a very broken class that needs a complete overhaul. But I'm sure overhauling Jedi/Sith for the 1321 Bizillions time takes priority /s

Deka gets EMPd > packs up > rolls away. Nice counter.
They can't roll away if they get EMP'd, the EMP auto-detonates if it hits their shield, and they move slower than wooks even in roll mode when EMP'd, thus swapping to it is simply allowing yourself to take double damage.

They can't roll away if they get EMP'd, the EMP auto-detonates if it hits their shield, and they move slower than wooks even in roll mode when EMP'd, thus swapping to it is simply allowing yourself to take double damage.
This slow lasts for about 2 whole seconds. Unless you have an extremely well-coordinated team, chances are your teammates will not be able to kill it in this short window.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
I've thought about how to adjust Deka on and off and the simplest thing(s) would be:
- Decrease shield totals per level and increase hull amount per level

PM would be less broken since you'd have less total resource to fill up (500 by itself is already enough in most cases unless you're under a lot of fire from multiple enemy gunners). Deka would also be less oppressive in general. You'd also be able to actually kick it out of position easier as a gunner. On the other hand, it won't require shield 3 to survive 1 yellow or higher damage swing from a saber by default.

P.S. I don't think QD should allow for packing up quickly but that's more of an annoyance than an overall issue with Deka's current design.

This slow lasts for about 2 whole seconds. Unless you have an extremely well-coordinated team, chances are your teammates will not be able to kill it in this short window.

You people don't get it do you... Deka is a VERY situational class. If someone faces a deka in a narrow corridor and expect to easily destroy it should just l2p and not put himself in a suicide position. Different classes have different advantages in different situations. Not as extreme as deka but yeah. You do not wanna face a melee wook in an elevator. You do not want to face a sniper in open area. You do not want to engage in a close quarter 1v1 fight with a rocket mando. You do not want to face a SBD... See where im going with this? If you are having problem against a certain class maybe you should to adjust your playstyle.

But i agree with you about EMP. An EMP ARC should be hard counter against a deka, not just an annoyance. It should last 5 seconds, decrease rolling speed and deploying. 5 seconds is enough to bring down even a 400 hp deka.

@Tempest

That would be the simplest and easiest way to destroy the class. 200-300 shield deka? Yeah right.Deka is supposed to be a turret class. That is the point. And PM is the only ability that lets you act like one.

Last edited:
But i agree with you about EMP. An EMP ARC should be hard counter against a deka, not just an annoyance. It should last 5 seconds, decrease rolling speed and deploying. 5 seconds is enough to bring down even a 400 hp deka.
I can't really agree with that. A guaranteed kill on a one-life class for the cost of 10 points is a bit much. It already deactivates shields, so low-hull dekas go down quickly. I don't think we should extend that to high-hull dekas. Making the game even more rock-paper-scissors than it already is would be a step in the wrong direction in my opinion, especially with a class that is already very situational.

Perhaps to balance, the discharge could have a much bigger cooldown? So the Deka has to choose to go for the kill or retreat.

@foggy
I'm quite aware how good power management is. But even with firing nearly forever, a jedi can still easily wipe you out. And I don't believe that should be a tradeoff from discharge. Perhaps I'm sucking because I'm not one to run away from a fight, I almost never pack up and roll away. I always stay and attempt to kill the jedi, but it seems I can't drain enough FP in time before he gets me, even when the jedi is reasonably far away.

For me, power management is a must because it friggen takes forever for the shield to recharge while its down, and im willing to sacrifice constantly firing to keep the shield up. I feel it should drain a little more ammo to recharge the shield though, i'll admit it is a bit OP in that regard.