Droideka Change

First off, droidekas suck. Really badly. Especially against jedi. All I propose is one simple change:

Give deka discharge by default, without having to buy it, and then let the deka pick between quick deploy and power management. Just this change alone would be enough to allow deka to have a chance against jedi, and still be able to use power management or quick deploy.

EDIT: Also, advanced logic 1 is useless.

Last edited:
have poison darts
I agree but most BH's take poison darts because they have the leftover points and that it's extremely reliable and obvious that you're going to encounter a jedi.
An ARC never takes pulse grenades and goes "I'd rather spend these 10-30 points on this grenade instead of armor BECAUSE I THINK theres a deka."
It's just not reliable.

Edit: Also when you take poison darts, that's just another thing for your arsenal that is reliable and helps you to take down a jedi. It doesn't completely render the jedi absolutely useless unlike pulse grenades, where you throw it, shoot the deka, and it's a done deal.

I agree but most BH's take poison darts because they have the leftover points and that it's extremely reliable and obvious that you're going to encounter a jedi.
An ARC never takes pulse grenades and goes "I'd rather spend these 10-30 points on this grenade instead of armor BECAUSE I THINK theres a deka."
It's just not reliable.

Edit: Also when you take poison darts, that's just another thing for your arsenal that is reliable and helps you to take down a jedi. It doesn't completely render the jedi absolutely useless unlike pulse grenades, where you throw it, shoot the deka, and it's a done deal.
Pulse nades should definitely be cheaper, perhaps same price as poisons.

Pulse nades should definitely be cheaper, perhaps same price as poisons.
I also agree, but you run the risk of annoying pulse grenade spams. They aren't even that powerful but rarely they can be insanely annoying.
The biggest annoyance for a pulse grenade is the range. They have like twice the range of a regular primary frag grenade.

I think a reliable change would change the range to a primary frag grenade, add a bit more damage, and lower the price by just a little.

The other side to pulse grenades is they can be potentially dangerous if used with the M9 Launcher. I think that there is no win-win for any side with pulse grenades because they are simply either too unreliable, or potentially annoyingly overpowered.

I do use the pulse grenade launcher 50% of the time that I play ARC, and It is extremely annoying for sith because you can stick them with a pulse and just screw them over once it explodes.

Making dekas less of a hard counter against ranged class and more versatile would be good. Now is the issue with pulse nades, they may help but I'm not sure this is the only solution.

Also where is the rolling sound, I've searched through all the files and couldn't seem to find it.

k4far

Banned
Donator
Making dekas less of a hard counter against ranged class and more versatile would be good. Now is the issue with pulse nades, they may help but I'm not sure this is the only solution.

Also where is the rolling sound, I've searched through all the files and couldn't seem to find it.

Try /soundlist after you play as Droideka on an empty server.

View attachment 2969

Picture added.

Last edited:
Always love people leaving "feedback" who have no idea about game mechanics and their ACTUAL effects on gameplay.. What you are suggesting here may sound good on paper but gameplay wise would KILL deka. Deka vs gunner gameplay is completely fine. Use the environment. COMMUNICATE with your damn team. Deka is extremely weak against 1vx. Have u ever played a pug game? There is a reason droideka is not being played anymore.

What's broken is Jedi vs Deka. Even with FP 3 you run out of ammo before you can drain a blocking jedis fp below 50. Both on beta and 1.4.9.

Last edited:

Smee

Banned
Dekas are fine as they are, tinkering with every part of the game has already made mb2 worse today than a few years ago

Dekas are fine as they are, tinkering with every part of the game has already made mb2 worse today than a few years ago
Well not exactly. 4 years ago nobody used deka, and still don't. There's an obvious change in deka that is needed.
But you're right, tinkering with a saber system and jedi v gunner system is how it was made worse.

Deka shouldn't be a class that someone picks and goes 'well I guess I'll meme and have fun rolling around'
It should be a reliable class that people play to help their team, because someone who picks clone doesn't go 'yeah i guess ill just meme and run around as a clone'

Well not exactly. 4 years ago nobody used deka, and still don't. There's an obvious change in deka that is needed.
But you're right, tinkering with a saber system and jedi v gunner system is how it was made worse.

Deka shouldn't be a class that someone picks and goes 'well I guess I'll meme and have fun rolling around'
It should be a reliable class that people play to help their team, because someone who picks clone doesn't go 'yeah i guess ill just meme and run around as a clone'
There are some solid dekas, they mostly happen on deathstar though. HTD and yellow13 are good dekas.

There are some solid dekas, they mostly happen on deathstar though. HTD and yellow13 are good dekas.
I agree but the end result is that Deka is mostly useless for the team.
Really the only thing it's good for is suppressing fire (which really never happens, and when it does it's very easy to counter) or those times that the deka flanks the enemy team, gets a kill or two, then dies.

The flanking idea turns out real good sometimes, but the second you do it you always have a jedi watching out for it, then it's a no-go.

I think to fix deka, would be making it more reliable.
  • Get rid of the stupid delay when you aim or turn
  • Add a better aiming system (camera position)
    Half the speed of a rolling deka
  • Double the fp drain for jedi
  • decrease base damage by a minor amount
Also:
HTD and yellow13 are good dekas.
There's like three good deka players, and that's it. That's a case-closed. If a class is so bad or so unbalanced that only three players want to play it, then it needs a change.

Badly.

Smee

Banned
I agree but the end result is that Deka is mostly useless for the team.
Really the only thing it's good for is suppressing fire (which really never happens, and when it does it's very easy to counter) or those times that the deka flanks the enemy team, gets a kill or two, then dies.

The flanking idea turns out real good sometimes, but the second you do it you always have a jedi watching out for it, then it's a no-go.

I think to fix deka, would be making it more reliable.
  • Get rid of the stupid delay when you aim or turn
  • Add a better aiming system (camera position)
    Half the speed of a rolling deka
  • Double the fp drain for jedi
  • decrease base damage by a minor amount
Also:
There's like three good deka players, and that's it. That's a case-closed. If a class is so bad or so unbalanced that only three players want to play it, then it needs a change.

Badly.

I think unless the deka is made stupidly OP barely anybody will play it no matter what. It plays completely differently to all the other classes in the game and takes getting used to. Personally I think the deka is strong enough, I was going deka yesterday and getting tonnes of kills

I think unless the deka is made stupidly OP barely anybody will play it no matter what. It plays completely differently to all the other classes in the game and takes getting used to. Personally I think the deka is strong enough, I was going deka yesterday and getting tonnes of kills
This is definitely the reason, playing a deka feels nothing like playing any other class in the game. I don't think it's either too OP or too UP. HTD and Yellow13 and some others may be great deka players, but they're not hard too hard to defeat provided there is at least slight teamwork

Badly.
Well it's not like rebels can play deka so that restrict the class to half the server already. And most people will play jedi to backwack other jedis or play sniper.

What I'm trying to get at is exactly this. I want them to make deka not a clunky weird delayed machine, but a regular gunner. The reason deka is extremely hard to play is because there's that stupid delay when aiming, it's clunky, and it has too many
gimicks. Deka does not need a buff or a nerf, it just needs it's basic mechanics to change into an easier way to play as.

Well it's not like rebels can play deka so that restrict the class to half the server already. And most people will play jedi to backwack other jedis or play sniper.
Really it shouldn't be like this. All classes need to be equal on their own way. If every person decides to play anything other than deka. because it's more reliable, then that's a clear sign it needs to be more reliable. All of the rebel team's classes are reliable and all have their advantages, and none of them are gimmick classes unless you want them to be. Imperial have reliable classes except for deka.

What I'm saying is that on rebels nobody picks sniper because they think the clone class is too gimmicky and unreliable. On imperial, they pick any class except deka because they know it's too weak and unreliable in 90% of situation s

Smee

Banned
What I'm trying to get at is exactly this. I want them to make deka not a clunky weird delayed machine, but a regular gunner. The reason deka is extremely hard to play is because there's that stupid delay when aiming, it's clunky, and it has too many
gimicks. Deka does not need a buff or a nerf, it just needs it's basic mechanics to change into an easier way to play as.

It takes barely any time to get used to being a deka. It's really not that hard to play as. If it was less clunky then it would be overpowered