What caused the recent surge in popularity?

I was looking at the most recent trailer for the game
and it's already the most viewed video on the MB2 channel, with second place being a video being uploaded seven years ago and the third most being almost 20k views behind. And this MB2 review
is getting 10k+ views per day despite the uploader only having 6.5k subscribers. I'm just wondering if anything specific caused this or if a famous Youtuber/streamer started playing the mod. I know that The Last Jedi just came out, but TFA had more buzz due to being the first SW movie in a decade and you can't find many highly viewed videos from around that time period.

Another factor might be Battlefront 2 being disappointing and people looking for a good SW game

We honestly have to thank Disney for this. Doesn't matter to me if it's to them succeeding or screwing up =)

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Yep, most of this is due to EP8 releasing and battlefront sucking. We have always shown similar boosts with other movie releases (EP7 was our top concurrent playercount since we started tracking it). Plus part of the reason we released 3 updates battlefront -> EP8 and released the new trailer was to help carry that hype further.

DeshieL

Donator
I'd like to believe that it's an acumulative effort of each one of us promoting the game. Just this month alone,I went and stormed several pcgamer blogs about star wars games and mods, youtube comments and other media and provided the people with MBII teases and links. I am not shy to introduce MBII whenever the opportunity feels ripe and I am pretty sure that I am not the only one doing this.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I'd like to believe that it's an acumulative effort of each one of us promoting the game. Just this month alone,I went and stormed several pcgamer blogs about star wars games and mods, youtube comments and other media and provided the people with MBII teases and links. I am not shy to introduce MBII whenever the opportunity feels ripe and I am pretty sure that I am not the only one doing this.
This.

Many people are making content for MB2. We have a youtuber scene for MB2 now with a lot of really entertaining content. Only reasonable to expect this to pay off the moment MB2 gets some mainstream attention. I think Sylvar, Thatsanaccount, Gargos and Spaghetti have channels with MB2 content that has thousands or even hundreds of thousands of views. It's bound to start making waves eventually once people find it.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
I hate it when people overlook my invaluable contribution to the popularity of mbii:
A+++ content right there!

Edit: Going throught your shit, this stuff is delicious. I can now definitely say that I love you.

A+++ content right there!

Edit: Going throught your shit, this stuff is delicious. I can now definitely say that I love you.
If you want the translation of the video above:
Me: "Let's hatch the eggs!"
Friend1: Let's do it!
Friend2: Fantastic idea!
~Fin~

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
If you want the translation of the video above:
Me: "Let's hatch the eggs!"
Friend1: Let's do it!
Friend2: Fantastic idea!
~Fin~
Threw two of your vids to the MB2 Facebook page's post queue. Loved the Interstellar one! That's a completely new bug to me. Can that be done with Grip 3 + any character with extra model scale (SBD/Wook)?

Woah, one of sylvars vids has 900k views. Did our 3000 members watch it 300 times each? Stop watching so much youtube, kids, it's bad for you!

I think gargos' weird humour videos could also be pretty popular these days. Just need more of them everywhere.

This is exactly the intetion I had and still have when I started making mine.
Youtube is the best advertisment for this Mod, the new trailer was fantastic as well as the Review from Skullcast

This.
Many people are making content for MB2. We have a youtuber scene for MB2 now with a lot of really entertaining content. Only reasonable to expect this to pay off the moment MB2 gets some mainstream attention. I think Sylvar, Thatsanaccount, Gargos and Spaghetti have channels with MB2 content that has thousands or even hundreds of thousands of views. It's bound to start making waves eventually once people find it.

Feel honored to be mentioned :D the views MB2 vids get are really insane, especially currently. This, the updates and the previous Steam sale all contribute to a growth of mb2

Well, people are starting to find us after realizing BF2 is hot steaming trash. At least that's my belief.

I like to troll toxic players and teamkiller, their insults dont hurt me.^^
Also I saw some newbies who dont care either.

It's now at 314k views! My guess is it should reach the 500k-ish+ by next, or in 2 months.

Also if only 1% of these viewers actually download the mod and try it... That still make 5000 new players!
- 0.5%.. 2500.
- 0.1%.. 500.

Then If we consider that 0.5 / 0.1% will try it, and that about 75% will RageQuit because of the game being too hard... That still make between about 125 to 625 potential faithful players!

If 90% ragequit... 50 to 250 faithful players.

Either way... Its more then enough to make everyone happy and fill all the servers.

Last edited:
Also if by 2019 all the videos around keep adding views, which it will... You can double to triple my numbers, in the long term!

But... If we take time to add another layer, dig deeper...

Some of these precious 2018 Choosen ones

( [25%] 2018 Survivors - 125 to 625 )
( [10%] 2018 Survivors - 50 to 250 )

About 50% will either get bored, or simply pass to others games and most probably slowly forget about the mod in the following months...

Which then give us about...

62 to 312 long term players that survived from the 2018//0.5%//500k/-/75%/-/50% RageQuit/Bored Survivor group up there.

Or

25 to 125 long term players that survived from the 2018//0.1%//500k/-/90%/-/50% RageQuit/Bored Survivor group up there.

Chances are also that some others, or the same Youtubers will also start to promote and make new videos for the game which will once again... Reach to a wider audience and add to the numbers!

It will grow, slowly!

Last edited:
i probably make moar videos again soon, vix wants me to make forcewhore version of how to lightsaber called 'how not to lightsaber' but personally i want to make a ninja themed meme video

until then roshpocalypse only video i make that has any actual effort put into it, and even then i only put like 2 hours of very low effort into it cus free editing software meme

i probably make moar videos again soon, vix wants me to make forcewhore version of how to lightsaber called 'how not to lightsaber' but personally i want to make a ninja themed meme video

until then roshpocalypse only video i make that has any actual effort put into it, and even then i only put like 2 hours of very low effort into it cus free editing software meme

holy fuck I've never realized how bonetrousle fits Rosh until now