What caused the recent surge in popularity?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Richard Nixon, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Richard Nixon

Richard Nixon

I was looking at the most recent trailer for the game and it's already the most viewed video on the MB2 channel, with second place being a video being uploaded seven years ago and the third most being almost 20k views behind. And this MB2 review is getting 10k+ views per day despite the uploader only having 6.5k subscribers. I'm just wondering if anything specific caused this or if a famous Youtuber/streamer started playing the mod. I know that The Last Jedi just came out, but TFA had more buzz due to being the first SW movie in a decade and you can't find many highly viewed videos from around that time period.

Another factor might be Battlefront 2 being disappointing and people looking for a good SW game

2. Manyo

Manyo

We honestly have to thank Disney for this. Doesn't matter to me if it's to them succeeding or screwing up =)

3. MaceMadunusus

MaceMadunusus Movie Battles II Team

Yep, most of this is due to EP8 releasing and battlefront sucking. We have always shown similar boosts with other movie releases (EP7 was our top concurrent playercount since we started tracking it). Plus part of the reason we released 3 updates battlefront -> EP8 and released the new trailer was to help carry that hype further.

President Bossk likes this.
  4. DeshieL

DeshieL Donator

I'd like to believe that it's an acumulative effort of each one of us promoting the game. Just this month alone,I went and stormed several pcgamer blogs about star wars games and mods, youtube comments and other media and provided the people with MBII teases and links. I am not shy to introduce MBII whenever the opportunity feels ripe and I am pretty sure that I am not the only one doing this.

noel, W!zard and GoodOl'Ben like this.
  5. GoodOl'Ben

GoodOl'Ben Donator Moderator Movie Battles II Team

This.

Many people are making content for MB2. We have a youtuber scene for MB2 now with a lot of really entertaining content. Only reasonable to expect this to pay off the moment MB2 gets some mainstream attention. I think Sylvar, Thatsanaccount, Gargos and Spaghetti have channels with MB2 content that has thousands or even hundreds of thousands of views. It's bound to start making waves eventually once people find it.

W!zard and President Bossk like this.
  6. foggy

foggy

I hate it when people overlook my invaluable contribution to the popularity of mbii:

7. GoodOl'Ben

A+++ content right there!

Edit: Going throught your shit, this stuff is delicious. I can now definitely say that I love you.

foggy likes this.
  8. foggy

foggy

If you want the translation of the video above:
    Me: "Let's hatch the eggs!"
    Friend1: Let's do it!
    Friend2: Fantastic idea!
    ~Fin~

9. GoodOl'Ben

Threw two of your vids to the MB2 Facebook page's post queue. Loved the Interstellar one! That's a completely new bug to me. Can that be done with Grip 3 + any character with extra model scale (SBD/Wook)?

foggy likes this.
  10. Manyo

Manyo

Woah, one of sylvars vids has 900k views. Did our 3000 members watch it 300 times each? Stop watching so much youtube, kids, it's bad for you!

I think gargos' weird humour videos could also be pretty popular these days. Just need more of them everywhere.

11. Knob_Jones

Knob_Jones

I used the play JKA all the time years ago. Decided to get it again on steam and saw a review mention this mod. That's how I found this awesome mod I wish I knew about years ago.

GoodOl'Ben, W!zard and DeshieL like this.
  12. W!zard

W!zard

This is exactly the intetion I had and still have when I started making mine.
    Youtube is the best advertisment for this Mod, the new trailer was fantastic as well as the Review from Skullcast

Feel honored to be mentioned :D the views MB2 vids get are really insane, especially currently. This, the updates and the previous Steam sale all contribute to a growth of mb2

13. Satin

Satin

Well, people are starting to find us after realizing BF2 is hot steaming trash. At least that's my belief.

14. SHAAK

SHAAK

It's great to see all the new people, but unfortunately many of them are being ran off by all the toxicity in the community (particularly tR members).

Penekowski likes this.
  15. Jediknight Fou

Jediknight Fou

I like to troll toxic players and teamkiller, their insults dont hurt me.^^
    Also I saw some newbies who dont care either.

16. |CB|Lyrion

|CB|Lyrion

There's another video that was posted 20days ago that have already reached 290k views too and keep growing.