Entire game reset after Master Server fix?

As the title suggests. After the Master Server was fixed MBII reset and I lost my name, key binds, server favorites and my achievements. Not such a big deal for me as I have only been playing this year but it could be for older players. Has this happened before and are there steps to prevent this from happening to others?

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Sounds like something has switched your engine from jamp to MBII Client or visa-versa.

As the title suggests. After the Master Server was fixed MBII reset and I lost my name, key binds, server favorites and my achievements. Not such a big deal for me as I have only been playing this year but it could be for older players. Has this happened before and are there steps to prevent this from happening to others?

You should always have all your set binds/keybindings to a seperate config file

/writeconfig myconfig

Then when you lose it

/execute myconfig

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
ent is right, it all seems like switching engines.

But whatever reasons are, here is some information about where personal data is stored:

Settings, including keybinds:
Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\jampconfig.cfg
Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\openjk.cfg
My Documents\My Games\OpenJK\MBII\openjk.cfg

Achievements:
Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\achievements.dat
My Documents\My Games\OpenJK\MBII\achievements.dat

Which path is actually used depends on engine you choose.
More over, it's also important how Movie Battles is getting started, via MBII Launcher or via .bat file; I've got a feeling that Launcher pass some additional command line parameters those affect the directory for storing data.

You can also consider storing binds in separate file, and execute that file from base config, like Gunman121 suggested.