•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue VM_CREATE on UI Failed

I know, I know, There's been multiple threads on this, but none of the fixes that were mentioned in the other threads have worked for me.

Sometimes, switching the texture quality to medium for some reason allows the game to work, but most of the time upon joining a server, it will kick me out giving me the error.

I can use the MB2 client, but with the dreaded huge text, just overall the game feeling different for reasons I can't put my finger on, I hate using the MB2 Client.

Any suggestions?

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
Open Launcher > Setting > Check "Enable Logging" > Close the settings tab, then paste the log here. (Should be in your GameData folder for JKA)

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Any suggestions?
Sounds most likely bugs in game, not a lot can be done about.
But it also possible that there is some conflicting software, especially game recording stuff and anti-viruses.
Double check your PC for such software and shut down everything remotely suspicious.
Which version of the game are you using, if not the MB2 client?
jamp, obviously.
Open Launcher > Setting > Check "Enable Logging" > Close the settings tab, then paste the log here. (Should be in your GameData folder for JKA)
Won't work, logs without repair have almost no useful information.
If you need logs those are good for something, that should be repair logs, and they require to perform "Repair installation".

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
jamp, obviously.
I think I worded it wrong: I meant, Steam JKA? from CD? Mac Store version?
If it's getting VM_Create failed on UI, this always means that his game is not able to load the UI module for some reason.
However the weird thing is that it's happening upon joining a server, not upon starting the game (which is where the UI gets loaded for the first time).
Something fishy is happening here, and I'm not sure what.
My best advice would be to reinstall everything completely (JKA, MB2, the works) with launcher logging enabled and see if A) that helps, and if not: B) what useful information can be gotten from the logs.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I think I worded it wrong: I meant, Steam JKA? from CD? Mac Store version?
I can't see a lot difference between Steam JA and CD JA (except for that Steam renaming thing, obviously).
@Flooven mentioned he could use MBII Client, which doesn't exist on Mac, so it's safe to assume that it's about Windows. It also comes from his previous topics: Windows, not Mac.
However the weird thing is that it's happening upon joining a server, not upon starting the game (which is where the UI gets loaded for the first time).
It does happen to me randomly, from time to time. Don't know why. Bugs, probably.
My best advice would be to reinstall everything completely (JKA, MB2, the works)
Probably redundant, repairing installation is equal to reinstalling MBII (almost).
Though it might help if JA installation is damaged in some way.
I would suggest to concentrate on searching software that may cause this error, like anti-virus and game recording stuff, including programs included in AMD drivers.

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I can't see a lot difference between Steam JA and CD JA (except for that Steam renaming thing, obviously).
@Flooven mentioned he could use MBII Client, which doesn't exist on Mac, so it's safe to assume that it's about Windows. It also comes from his previous topics: Windows, not Mac.
Off-topic, but the MB2 client doesn't exist on Mac? Why? Random. It can compile on Mac I think.