Soldier Kills

Can they start counting toward your K/D now? People always tell me that 3 soldier kills will add 1 to your K/D, but many, many times I have proven that not to be the case, nor have I ever seen it count for anyone else. Please fix.

If you die, you get a 1 to your KD right?

Wrong. Apparently, now if you have 3 lives, and die 3 times, you get 1 to your death ratio. So, basically, regardless if you die permanently that round, 3 deaths is now equal to 1 solid death to your KD. Shits bonkers

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
it doesnt really matter. i realize mb2 is all about ego but even still its just a mod

Antraxo

Donator
It is just annoying because there are infact people that rub out their d... about K/D.
Then again you get called a noob and various other insults if you have a bad K/D as a one life class meanwhile as a soldier you can go positive easily.

I think a kill should be a kill and a death should be a death regarding score system.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I think we should do some improvements to the reward system.

Whenever killing someone, showcase how much score you earned from it.
Whenever doing an objective, showcase how much score you earned from it.
Whenever assisting in a kill, showcase how much score you earned from it.

"You killed Padawan! (+3)"

This would be a nice way to promote the scoring mechanic we already have in place.

If we can make score more emphasized as the thing that matters, we could make kills/deaths more logical.

When you die, you get a death. When you kill, you get a kill. The scoring system already rewards based on amount of reinforcements the opponent has, kills and deaths should be more logical.

People might say that this would make it harder to get an "egoscore", but that is not the case. This just adjusts the meta of what is to be revered as an egoscore. All those shitty solds, clones and ETs that you kill will grant you a full kill. This would lead to players getting better-looking K/Ds and this in turn would lead to players getting more positive experiences while playing the game. This is of course the ultimate goal of a good reward system. Players need to feel rewarded for their accomplishments.

It does make it slightly harder for soldiers etc who are built to rush in and die, but I think if we improve the score system to give it more visual emphasis, it might be fine.

Perhaps rewarding score for damage dealt could be an avenue worth exploring as well. This way soldiers that really bring the pain will be topping the scoreboard.

I don't think each Soldier life should be one death. Soldiers are designed to be squishy/less powerful, but have 3 lives in return. Their 3 lives are basically one life of a one life class. Giving them a death for each life would be like giving, for example, ARCs one death for each 66 points of armor/hp they lose (they have 200 armor/hp max).
On the point of score system points, it should be like this:
- Damage should increase score points
- Teamdamage should decrease them
- Kills should increase score points
- Teamkills should decrease them
- Assists should increase score points
- Negative teamassists should decrease them
- Doing the objectives should increase score points
For every each one of these the score points gained/lost should be displayed along with their corresponding messages, except for damage and teamdamage which don't have any messages.
Edit: The message for teamdamage ("Don't attack teammates!") should also say that your score points were decreased. I've seen this message having "Your points have been deducted." after it in jaMME with an older bugged cgamex86.dll. See the beginning of this video where it is shown:

Last edited:

Antraxo

Donator
I already made a suggestion is some other thread to get rid of K/D and just have a score like you said @GoodOl'Ben it would prob. increase the fun of the game a lot since OBJ would give way more points than going for kills.

Just remove kd and focus on score, there are so many possibility to reward points for the score and newbies dont quit, because they getting harrassed by some kd retards. "Oh look at me i have 80/5 kd but my team loses since 50 rounds" ...grow up kids nobody cares for your kd.
Seriously removing kd and adding a good score system would probably change this mod and its players to the better.
Its a shame that Assists arent displayed for everyone to see, without those people who assisted in killing, most of these kd tryhards woudnt be on the top.
The stats are just ridiculous in its current form.

Here's a bright idea, just remove team damage. A lot of people are constantly being "executed" from the round, most from accidental tk. If you're not PERFECTLY precise, you tk someone and they fucking rage at you.

k4far

Banned
Donator
I don't think each Soldier life should be one death. Soldiers are designed to be squishy/less powerful, but have 3 lives in return. Their 3 lives are basically one life of a one life class. Giving them a death for each life would be like giving, for example, ARCs one death for each 66 points of armor/hp they lose (they have 200 armor/hp max).
On the point of score system points, it should be like this:
- Damage should increase score points
- Teamdamage should decrease them
- Kills should increase score points
- Teamkills should decrease them
- Assists should increase score points
- Negative teamassists should decrease them
- Doing the objectives should increase score points
For every each one of these the score points gained/lost should be displayed along with their corresponding messages, except for damage and teamdamage which don't have any messages.
Edit: The message for teamdamage ("Don't attack teammates!") should also say that your score points were decreased. I've seen this message having "Your points have been deducted." after it in jaMME with an older bugged cgamex86.dll. See the beginning of this video where it is shown:

That was my main reason to play the Soldier, now it is ... gone.

I already made a suggestion is some other thread to get rid of K/D and just have a score like you said @GoodOl'Ben it would prob. increase the fun of the game a lot since OBJ would give way more points than going for kills.
Just remove kd and focus on score, there are so many possibility to reward points for the score and newbies dont quit, because they getting harrassed by some kd retards. "Oh look at me i have 80/5 kd but my team loses since 50 rounds" ...grow up kids nobody cares for your kd.
Seriously removing kd and adding a good score system would probably change this mod and its players to the better.
Its a shame that Assists arent displayed for everyone to see, without those people who assisted in killing, most of these kd tryhards woudnt be on the top.
The stats are just ridiculous in its current form.

Agreed.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Here's a bright idea, just remove team damage. A lot of people are constantly being "executed" from the round, most from accidental tk. If you're not PERFECTLY precise, you tk someone and they fucking rage at you.

Have you thought this through at all? It would turn touchy group fights into utter spam fests. In particular, gunners would ALWAYS fire into duels CONSTANTLY, with no risk of tking or needing any precision really. And in larger fights there would also be generally a lot more spam. A few gunners running down a narrow hall would all be able to fire constantly while dodging constantly, with no risk.