$100 NA Saber Tournament (8/26/17)

Do you think this tournament date & time is good?

• Yes

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
OFFICIAL BRACKET
Please note the bracket may change due to player drops, no shows, etc...

TOURNAMENT WILL TAKE PLACE ON [(OR) DUELS HANGOUT] SERVER!!!!!
Tournament will be held on 8/26/17 @ 8 pm EST time zone.
Everyone on the participation list must add me on steam for additional information needed for tournament day!
Please make sure to show up 15 to 30 minutes early for warm ups, and tell each player their matches!
This tournament is only for NA region players, no EU players (no offense, just latency differences could pose issues)

If you are on the participation list and cannot make it please let me know so I can fill any voids!
Format:
1. Duels will be best of 3 (winner reports match results)
2. Finals best of 5
3. 32 player Double Elimination (Winner of main bracket vs Winner of losers bracket)
4. Saber duels (melee KATA saber kills count)

5. Blue & Cyan banned until further notice(edited 8/20/17)
RULES:
1. All tournament duels must take place in the private rooms of map mb2_duel_training
2. No melee kills.
3. No dueling outside tournament matches.
4. In event of round end and duel is not finished, finish duel next round.
5. Name must match name of participant list!
6. No spamming chat.
7. No trolling

Participants:
  1. (OR)Jace.JG
  2. (OR)GrandmasterAnakin
  3. AOD_Tempest
  4. Ginkobum
  5. |CB|Jaik
  6. |CB|Dooku-BM/SL
  7. Jorge-Fonseca
  8. Zane
  9. (OR)Jin
  10. Goober
  11. Hoodclown
  12. J|sk5
  13. [tR]motoko
  14. J|C Aaron
  15. Han Torra
  16. Thegreatnick
  17. CB|Vicious
  18. CB|Takuta
  19. Mcbober
  20. J| Shilling
  21. OR|Gamgee
  22. CB|Wizzard
  23. Lindsey
  24. The Chosen One
  25. [tR]warbot
  26. Virus
  27. CB|Vix
  28. -]D[-Molly
  29. (OR)SRK31
  30. J|A Jew
  31. AOD_Sparks
  32. [FTG]LukeSkywalker
ALL PLAYERS MUST HAVE ME ON STEAM TO BE IN THE TOURNAMENT. IF YOU DO NOT ADD ME ON STEAM YOU WILL BE REMOVED TO MAKE ROOM FOR OTHERS!!!!

Current list of people that need to add me on steam:
Didn't get in the tournament? Fear not, the tournament is still far away, people likely to drop and not show. I will form a reserve list so if you are on it add me on steam.

Reserve List

1. Frosty
  2. Ghostkiller
  3. CB|Kael

If you are on the participation list and cannot make it please let me know so I can fill any voids!

Last edited:

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
From experience i would like to suggest removing rules

1. No time wasting duels.
2. No excessive running.

which are problematic because they are subjective, and instead instate the new following rule

1. All tournament duels must take place in the private rooms of map mb2_duel_training

because in these dueling rooms there is OBJECTIVELY no possibility for excessive running, and in case of time waste the players can hack a 5s objective that will kill the other player, winning them the duel.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team

2. No excessive running.

which are problematic because they are subjective, and instead instate the new following rule

because in these dueling rooms there is OBJECTIVELY no possibility for excessive running, and in case of time waste the players can hack a 5s objective that will kill the other player, winning them the duel.

Yeah what stassin said. The rooms on MB2_duel_training are perfect for a 1v1 tournament. No distractions, small enough for no excessive running and it'll give FPS boosts to players aswell as isolate sounds.

Whoa, a real duel tournament!

It has been some times since the last one. Too bad its no really suitable for EU guys bc of latency :-(

Whoa, a real duel tournament!

It has been some times since the last one. Too bad its no really suitable for EU guys bc of latency :-(

I am am considering hosting a EU one as well, just gotta do a poll on times since I am NA.

2. No excessive running.

I appreciate the input, I will actually change that rule and the map being used.

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
Would like to play as well.

k4far

Banned
Donator
@SRK31 ("Joined: Today")

Let's say, purely theoretically you disappear right after. Do you have any people who will vouch for your initiative? Someone known, who can be used as a proxy between you later?

I would hate for such a thing to happen so that is why I am asking. Also provide your PayPal (let us make sure you have some ties just in case). Idea is great I would love to participate myself, but seeing someone out of blue who is eager to put money is unusual. Let us make sure everything is straight.

Down boy....

I will join this tournament.

Question: no melee but kata is allowed. This is the mouse 1+2 grapple, yes?

Also I am in agreement with others on timewaste and excessive running as well as it's fix by using a duel map

Last edited:
@SRK31 ("Joined: Today")

Let's say, purely theoretically you disappear right after. Do you have any people who will vouch for your initiative? Someone known, who can be used as a proxy between you later?

I would hate for such a thing to happen so that is why I am asking. Also provide your PayPal (let us make sure you have some ties just in case). Idea is great I would love to participate myself, but seeing someone out of blue who is eager to put money is unusual. Let us make sure everything is straight.

The first 6 participants know me well, I have been around since 1.3. I am formerly known as Swizz. If you want my PayPal it's [email protected].

Also i made a new account yesterday because my old account was aod_swizz
I am no longer in aod. You can trust my word this tourney will happen.

- - - Updated - - -
Down boy....

I will join this tournament.
Added

Last edited by a moderator: