•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Frame rate issues

Hey,

So MB2 is having some weird frame rate issues at the moment.

Whenever I go fullscreen, it keeps super choppy, goes down to like a constant 20 fps. So I have to play bordered fullscreen which gives 125 fps, but it is choppy. The video just looks glitchy and stuff. This started with the new update.

k4far

Banned
Donator
Specification of your computer, please.
Did you try reverting to default settings? If you have mssing textures, icons then run repair from within the launcher.

Important Graphical & Important Network Settings
Escape > Setup
> Visual Options > Enhanced Effects - Set this to Normal, the High FX creates a lot of smoke which makes it hard to shoot enemies and can drastically effect FPS in firefights

Escape >Setup
> Networking > Rate - Set this to 25000
> Networking > Max Packets - Set this to 100
> Networking > Snaps - Set this to 40

I went to the absolute lowest possible graphics settings and it still happened. This problem only happens when I am in fullscreen, no other graphics setting seems to matter.

This is what I usually play with:
Video Mode: 1920 x 1080
Color depth: 32-bit
Full Screen: Off (I usually have it on, but obviously because of this problem, I need it off)
Geometric Detail: High
Texture Detail: Very High
Texture Quality: 32-bit
Texture Filter: Bilinear
Detailed Shaders: On
Video Sync: On
Max FPS: 125
All Network settings are at the regular numbers players suggest.

My build:
Intel i7 Quad Processor
nVidia GeForce GTX 960M
16 GB RAM
4 GB VRAM

Last edited:

k4far

Banned
Donator
Same thing.
Any updates to your graphic card drivers as of late? Revert to basic. I do not have an Nvidia card myself, some ATI Radeon.

What more you could do...
...go in to Task Manager see what is using the most resources you should have programs starting up with Windows in latest OS. If you know what is "msconfig" then open it go to Services, tick hide all Microsoft services then disable what you believe to be unnecessary (you want to leave your antivirus and driver related stuff.) You can do that with a program like CCleaner as well.

- Lower sound quality to medium. Would the sound be putting so much strain on, rather not.
Does not hurt to try so...

Last edited:

k4far

Banned
Donator
it's because mb2's on an old engine so i wouldn't be surprised if you had terrible framerate

I decided not to update to Windows 10 thinking of how that would affect the older games performance overall (forget the spyware). Win 10 is like Jelly Bean for Android (long way before they reach N. the 7.0 if that ever happens.)

I'd suggest trying older nVidia graphics drivers. I'm using a Radeon 8750m and MB2 performs a lot better on Catalyst drivers from 2015 compared to Crimson/ReLive ones, but I'm playing modern titles too, so I have to sacrifice that. It's probably a long shot, because the oldest driver for your graphics card is like 6 months old and in general, nVidia provides a better OpenGL support.
720c21a7139dc049cb17345d6650c21d.png

Make sure Windows doesn't enforce their included graphics drivers.
Check out this renderer.
Disable this.

Antraxo

Donator
I would try the MB2Client instead of JAMP also I'm running a 770 with latest Nvidia drivers and never had issues in mb2. Only thing that eats frames is that weird lighting thing (I think it's Dynamic glow?).