•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll are missing from your computer

Every time I try to launch game I get "The program can't start because MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll are missing from your computer. Try reinstalling program to fix this. I uninstalled and reinstalled Movie battles, downloaded MSVCP140 files and everything. I use windows 10 and it only happened since new update. PLEASE HELP I AM HAVING MB2 WITHDRAWS!!!

Last edited:

ent

Movie Battles II Team
facepalm.jpg
Get Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable from: Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC from Official Microsoft Download Center
x86 one.
The redistributable contains not just 2 dlls, it contains all the needed tools and those tools work for all the new programs that require those dlls. You are gonna put dlls in each executable that requires them? Nonsense.
Never ever install any dll and exe from unknown resources.
And be patient.
After installing you should remove the sent dlls since they are most likely out of date and may contain bugs.

facepalm.jpg
Get Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable from: Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC from Official Microsoft Download Center
x86 one.
The redistributable contains not just 2 dlls, it contains all the needed tools and those tools work for all the new programs that require those dlls. You are gonna put dlls in each executable that requires them? Nonsense.
Never ever install any dll and exe from unknown resources.
And be patient.
After installing you should remove the sent dlls since they are most likely out of date and may contain bugs.
Look at my avatar and tell me if I'd ever hurt somebody.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I agree with @ent.
Downloading random executable files from Internet may be harmful, unless you know what you're doing.
But if you decide to do it anyway, check such files here: VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner , at least.

Even though suspicious files can be verified, an system integrity is something that is more difficult to check.
Downloading one or two files instead of whole run-time library may cause various bugs and issues.
It's strongly recommended to install such run-times packages only via official distributive files from Microsoft.

Last edited: