looking for Azuvector and =tom=

Hello guys :)
I hope someone can help me to contact Azuvector and =tom= please
I'm looking for permission to use a map in a mod
I want to do things correctly
I do not want to use other people's jobs without permission
Well that would be all thanks I hope you can help me ;)

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Thank you very much for your answer :)
I will try to communicate by steam
Basing on 'last activity' field, I believe Steam will be a better choice, yes.
Though you can also start a conversation with (send a PM to) Azuvector on these forums -- he should get a email notification.

Steam is your best bet. Have him on my friends list. Havent talked to him in over 4 years. lulz.

Sad really. Always thought he was one of the greats 4 the mod.

Azuvector

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I can confirm I am great. :D

Unfortunately, I cannot give permission for use to this map(or any map, really); my involvement with mapping was largely limited to bugfixes and code features added to enhance maps, as well as gameplay design now and then.
I don't have Tom's current contact info.

Don't have a lot of time to work on stuff as of late, between work, school, and life. I haven't been active with MBII things for years, though I keep meaning to implement a new force power to see if anyone likes it.... I might be able to show up again for a bit later this year though, who knows.....

Reaching me is pretty easy, all things considered. I do get emails for PMs from the forums here, that is my Steam account, and the email I tend to share publicly is [email protected] which does make my phone go ding when stuff gets sent to it. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, my beautiful post history.....2 posts?! 2?! Where's the god-only-knows-how-many-thousand posts I've made? Ahwell.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that someone from the mb2 team was once in communication with tom
I hope you can help me with this
I needed tom jedi temple map for the mission of order 66
I just want to have a mod of quality so that you all enjoy
Thank you ;)

Which version if you don't mind me asking?

Classic? New? My level of interest in attempting to help you depends on this:)

To be fair, if he abandoned the mod, I believe you're free to edit whatever you'd like.
Its not like he'll care. He'd probably even be happy you found a use for it.

tumblr_inline_o83mnlZDZ11qbycn1_500.gif

Dota, League, and all these other MOBAs started off with everyone copying a fan-made Blizzard mod, so I do believe this is a legal grey area.

Last edited:

LoU

R2D2
To be fair, if he abandoned the mod, I believe you're free to edit whatever you'd like.
Its not like he'll care. He'd probably even be happy you found a use for it.

tumblr_inline_o83mnlZDZ11qbycn1_500.gif

Dota, League, and all these other MOBAs started off with everyone copying a fan-made Blizzard mod, so I do believe this is a legal grey area.
No, it's not.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I tend to share publicly is <email address> which does make my phone go ding when stuff gets sent to it.
While it's not my business indeed, I'm wondering why are you posting it in plain text and didn't obfuscate it in any way?
Like a posting a picture with address drawn on it, etc
Otherwise, your email may be collected by spammers' bots, and then you'll start getting a lot of spam...
Ah, my beautiful post history.....2 posts?! 2?! Where's the god-only-knows-how-many-thousand posts I've made? Ahwell.
Strange, you've made this (new) account on these (new) forums a long time ago already, and you still aren't aware what happened?
Anyway, Downtime, Cause and Consequences
I know that someone from the mb2 team was once in communication with tom
I hope you can help me with this
=tom= is kind of nick that is very hard to search, unfortunately :(
But there is a page, where, I assume, =tom= posted his email, mariocheret [a t] hotmail [d o t] com: Jedi Temple
Try sending a mail him, trough there is possibility that the address doesn't exists anymore. All my hotmail boxes were deleted due inactivity...

Also there is this account: =tom= | =Gun Squad= Forums
Send a pm, maybe he'll get an email notification.

Facebook profile: Mario Cheret
Really not sure, but maybe, just maybe, it's =tom=?

Try reaching these guys, they could have some tom's contacts:
Steam Community :: =NickFury=
Steam Community :: MarcusMaximus

No, it's not.

If its not too much trouble, I'd like for you to elaborate.
I remember constructing a mod of my own, but I never saw a way to legally protect it from being edited.

It'd be helpful in the future to understand how you protected this mod, which from what I understand is both nonprofit and owned by Star Wars. [No I am not interested in editing the mod, I am simply curious for my own sake.]

If its not too much trouble, I'd like for you to elaborate.
I remember constructing a mod of my own, but I never saw a way to legally protect it from being edited.

It'd be helpful in the future to understand how you protected this mod, which from what I understand is both nonprofit and owned by Star Wars. [No I am not interested in editing the mod, I am simply curious for my own sake.]
Just put some h4xs on it

LoU

R2D2
If something is free it doesn't mean it's open sourced.
Follow your logic "AI".

If something is free it doesn't mean it's open sourced.
Follow your logic "AI".

I'm trying to be as polite as possible LoU.
If you don't want to share that respect, forget I asked.

However.. I would prefer that you answer my question...
JKA is not free and it is owned by STAR WARS.
If a player holds the files of a mod for JKA, what legally keeps players from editing them?

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I'm trying to be as polite as possible LoU.
If you don't want to share that respect, forget I asked.

However.. I would prefer that you answer my question...
JKA is not free and it is owned by STAR WARS.
If a player holds the files of a mod for JKA, what legally keeps players from editing them?
I'm not LoU, but I will try to answer.

I think it means that it's about rights of =tom=; He made some work, he gave a permission to REDISTRIBUTE his map, but =tom= didn't give a permission to MODIFY his work, and nobody can do it without his explicit permission.
You can find more info here, it's explained detailed:
10 Big Myths about copyright explained

As for Disney, it seems they allow people freely ports stuff between any Star Wars games: Updated EULA Regarding Porting Content - Ideas & Issues - JKHub

Though I'm not sure that this it what LoU meant. Just my guess, nothing more.

But my personal opinion is that Movie Battles team interprets copyrights much more stricter than they should and could (no offense).
We could safely assume that =tom=, as well as any other modder who made his product public, actually doesn't mind from modifying and redistributing his derived work (with an exception of explicit prohibition, indeed).

Also it would be nice if Disney made additional changes to EULA, restricting any limitation from modification of deriving work in the same way as GNU GPL does;
Like if do any edits to GPLed software, anybody can edit your work and then transmit, publish, print it etc etc, and you absolutely, positively can do nothing about that.
Because it's GPL. Because anything you do with GPLed software is automatically under GPL, too.

Also my personal opinion is that the whole current copyright system is a joke, Berne copyright convention is shit, and almost everything about copyright laws and regulations must be changed ASAP... :mad::mad::mad:

Azuvector

While it's not my business indeed, I'm wondering why are you posting it in plain text and didn't obfuscate it in any way?
Like a posting a picture with address drawn on it, etc
Otherwise, your email may be collected by spammers' bots, and then you'll start getting a lot of spam...

From years of experience with having my email plastered around in plaintext everywhere versus having it obfuscated, I've noticed little difference between the amount of spam I get if I obfuscate versus not. I just don't bother.

Strange, you've made this (new) account on these (new) forums a long time ago already, and you still aren't aware what happened?
Anyway, Downtime, Cause and Consequences

I just like to bitch about it. :D

LoU

R2D2
This is how simple bot sees the emal posted here:
@Puppytine

Code:
I tend to share publicly is <a href="/cdn-cgi/l/email-protection#53322926253630273c2113343e323a3f7d303c3e"><span class="__cf_email__" data-cfemail="0c6d76797a696f78637e4c6b616d6560226f6361">[email&#160;protected]</span><script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */</script></a>

;)