*EU*/*US* OFFICIAL HARDCORE

Viserys

ex team lead
Movie Battles II Team Retired
*EU*/*US* OFFICIAL HARDCORE

I would like to present you with a new server for competitive matches. The server is meant for players who want to play in a competitive and team-oriented playstyle.

This server applies class limits to all classes.
This means that if the class limit is 1, only one player is allowed per each class. If the limit is 2, then two players are allowed per class, etc.
If you want to play as a class that another player already occupies, you should ask him/her to select another class.

The class limits are regulated by an automated script. The script will forceteam any players who select a class that has already reached its limit.
Please note this script is in a Beta phase, so it may still have some bugs. If you find any, report them here!

Rules:
  • Class limit for all classes: up to 11 players : Class Limit = 1 | over 11 players: Class Limit = 2 | over 23 players: Class Limit = 3
  • No stacking - skill wise or player number wise. Do not join the team which won last round or has a higher score.
  • Do not forcewhore, timewaste or troll. Play seriously and to the best of your ability.
  • Teamwork and strategic playing is required! If you are not a team player and don't help your teammates you will be kicked!
  • Do not abuse the class limits by keeping the same class for an extended period of time. Give other players a chance to select the class you have, especially if you are asked to do so.
  • Obviously all usual servers rules as described here still apply

If you don't follow the above rules you will be kicked or temporarily banned from the server.
Severe moderation will be applied to this server when an admin is available.

It is advised that you gain some experience with the game before joining this server.

Available maps via RTV:
mb2_alderaan
mb2_cloudcity
mb2_corellia
mb2_deathstar
mb2_dotf
mb2_echobase
mb2_enclave
mb2_jabba
mb2_jeditemple
mb2_kamino
mb2_lunarbase
mb2_SDestroyer
mb2_smuggler
mb2_eravana
mb2_commtower
mb2_mustafar
mb2_tatooine

For any questions, please contact @LoU
Class Limit script can be found here

Special thanks to:

@AaronAaron
@DaloLorn
@eksha
@fortiseven
@FRANK LAMPART
@HuntresS
@Liniyka_xddd
@Mcbober
@Nex
@NPC
@Quinto
@qwerty
@Threepwood

for helping debug the limit script.

Last edited:

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
I tried the server out today. It was a lot of fun! It felt like a breath of fresh air compared to the usual pubstomps.

The game felt at its best when there were around 14-16 players on the server. Much more fun than what I've had in PUGs or clan matches, but it still had some of the same feel.

I hope this concept can be developed further in the long run. Perhaps even creating map pools so only decent comp maps are available.

It would be ideal if the alert for picking the same class as someone else appeared a bit sooner than on round start though. I suspect that will need some client-side code to be a possibility.

Viserys

ex team lead
It would be ideal if the alert for picking the same class as someone else appeared a bit sooner than on round start though. I suspect that will need some client-side code to be a possibility.

The script that is controlling the class limits is very limited on how it can work. It cannot display warnings at any other time, since it depends entirely on logs. It is an external script, like RTV, it's not coded within MB2.

Last edited:

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
Yeah, this is great. Class limit script needs some polishing yeah, but when we played 6v6 and 7v7 it felt very very nice. You guys should implement this script into your official MBII release because this is definitely what this mod needs. It's about time to restrain infinite jedi/sith spam coming from newbie waves that turn open servers into duel ones. Also, it would be much better if RTV could be removed and replaced either by simple map rotation system or manual voting from admin by setting a poll. Many vets are attached to match oriented maps that have been been played through many years, mainly dotf, lunar, kamino, corellia. I can't imagine going Coruscant chase or Tantive for instance on this server. It's just not the right place for it. I've already seen some really weird map suggestions coming up today.

Viserys

ex team lead
Yeah, this is great. Class limit script needs some polishing yeah, but when we played 6v6 and 7v7 it felt very very nice. You guys should implement this script into your official MBII release because this is definitely what this mod needs. It's about time to restrain infinite jedi/sith spam coming from newbie waves that turn open servers into duel ones. Also, it would be much better if RTV could be removed and replaced either by simple map rotation system or manual voting from admin by setting a poll. Many vets are attached to match oriented maps that have been been played through many years, mainly dotf, lunar, kamino, corellia. I can't imagine going Coruscant chase or Tantive for instance on this server. It's just not the right place for it. I've already seen some really weird map suggestions coming up.

I suggest simply editing the map pool for the RTV to remove any 'non competitive' maps. Please suggest here what maps you would like to restrict this server to.

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
Dotf, Lunarbase, Kamino, Echobase, Corellia, Enclave, Sdestroyer, Tatooine, Deathstar (debatable), Cloudcity (also debatable). These would be perfect choices.
+ Smuggler if the player counter < 12, im sure you could edit RTV to take that into account?

Is there going to be a US server in the future? I wouldn't mind donating every now and then for server hosting costs.
Long as you don't give clans admin of it and only dedicated community members, I wouldn't mind supporting.
@StarWarsGeek @andrew @Chaos the Chaotic
Would be great admins seeing as how they engage with the community and are very active.

Last edited:

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Lunarbase, DOTF, Alderaan, Smuggler, Corellia, Echobase and then you've got something fairly decent.