Fix jedi/sith.

In the movies, jedi and sith are supreme and destroy anything in their path. In this game, if you get shot 3 times by a soldier you are dead. We are literally just soldiers with lightsabers and we have no edge over other players. As a sith or a jedi I am legit scared of gunners because they are more powerful than us. At least make their health 300 like wookies. Literally, play as darth vader and you'll die just like that and the entire star wars story is over. I so pathetically die so many times to bs kills, and I consider myself good.

No one remembers this?
4795272-vader+ability+tutaminis+(1).gif

Or how in episode 3 anakin and obi wan just plow through the droids with ease.
Soldiers have 3 lives for fucks sake, and they do so much damage.

Antraxo

Donator
In the movies, jedi and sith are supreme and destroy anything in their path. In this game, if you get shot 3 times by a soldier you are dead. We are literally just soldiers with lightsabers and we have no edge over other players. As a sith or a jedi I am legit scared of gunners because they are more powerful than us. At least make their health 300 like wookies. Literally, play as darth vader and you'll die just like that and the entire star wars story is over. I so pathetically die so many times to bs kills, and I consider myself good.

No one remembers this?
4795272-vader+ability+tutaminis+(1).gif

Or how in episode 3 anakin and obi wan just plow through the droids with ease.

You should try to git gu...
giphy.gif

what if jedispam
tumblr_my2oxbhCs11r3maj7o1_500.gif

Spam Sith kek.

Buffing Jedi with health won't make them any harder to kill, it will just add incentive for me to put points into grenade. You better be thankful Jedi have 70+ health to begin with. Use force lightning, or force push w/lightning. A good Sith player can easily stomp gunners who are too idiotic to go blindly running at you. As is vice versa with Jedi.

If you want experience closer to the movies you can play in full authentic mode instead of open. Saberists are usually stronger (Vader on deathstar or tantiveIV), sometimes much stronger (Anakin and Obi Wan on tradefed) on FA if there numbers are limited.

Wookies are naturally stronger in the game because they are extremely strong in the movies. Last time I checked the jedi and sith are the most powerful beings in star wars. Wookies have 300 health and jedi/sith have 100? 2 shots and they are dead!

What if jedi spam? I thought the update was supposed to have class limits.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
@SHPECKLEDORF Health denotes physical constitution. I don't know if you read my long post above, but again: Jedi (in canon and in MBII) are not physically strong. If they get hit, they get hurt. They specialize in not getting hit, not in tanking hits. High health is an extremely silly idea, and Jedi in-game are already extremely good at not getting hit.

(The fact that Wookiees can sustain lightsaber hits in MB2 is a little silly, but ultimately a reasonable compromise for making them the kind of physically tough character they deserve to be. Plus, Red style exists.)

Class limits might come along in the future. A fairly obvious reason why it isn't around yet is: it isn't done yet. This stuff takes work, testing, bugfixing, and the devs work for free.

Although I think with two teams of skilled and well-coordinated players, a mixed force of saberists and gunners will beat saber spam. The main problem in-game is, as always, that people largely can't be bothered to try to coordinate, EXCEPT when they're all playing the same class as a joke. Personally i speculate that this is the main reason why spamming one class tends to work pretty well. It naturally makes people work together.

Especially with the influx of new players, the average skill level actually feels incredibly low to me right now. Between the low skill and the lazy lack of coordination, Jedi spam shines because Jedi beats Gunner at most skill levels and Gunner requires more coordination to do well.

that's my theory anyway

Last edited:

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Last time I checked the jedi and sith are the most powerful beings in star wars. Wookies have 300 health and jedi/sith have 100? 2 shots and they are dead!
Excuse me, but do you even read what's being said by other people in this thread? You were explained at least twice that the game would lose its sense if Jedi/Sith were over buffed to the level of movies. Period.

@SHPECKLEDORF
More health wouldnt help jedi/sith, there must be other ways to fix this unbalanced mess.
Yep this is the worst thing off all.
Best way right now is dont battle gunners face to face, hide and kill like a ninja from behind, use pull often and take deflect, its really usefull in small corridors.
This should help you stay alive for a while.

Class limits might come along in the future.
I hope not, this would definitvely kill the playerbase earlier then i expect.
FA has classlimit, no need to force such shit on players in open.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
What if jedi spam? I thought the update was supposed to have class limits.
Just cause something is mentioned in an announcement doesn't mean that the next update is going to have everything mentioned..

Just cause something is mentioned in an announcement doesn't mean that the next update is going to have everything mentioned..
I know it hasn't been released, I just thought since it was in there that it would come at a later date.

There are a lot of things mentioned for updates that eventually don't make it, just like the guy who said we'd have voice chat with 1.4.4+. Not going to happen, and if it did, well consider that a mistake.

Anyways the point here is that Jedi and Sith aren't meant to be powerhouses, yes in canon a Jedi/Sith would easily be able to dispatch gunners but in this game gunners actually have a brain (well, the ones who know how to shoot anyways).

Karus

Donator
I used to have the same point of view, I would get rekt by gunners and wookies and just scream into a pillow wondering why I was getting ez'd all the time.
But then I realized - and I couldn't believe it.
I realized... that I was shit at MB2.
I was shocked, angry and sexually confused at the time, but now, after months of dedication, I have managed to up my skill level to a decent standard.
Honestly though there's SO many force powers to use against gunners that Jedi/Sith shouldn't really complain.
Grip, Lightning, Push, Pull, Mind Trick, Speed, bruh, all of these powers can be used offensively.
And lmao when I saw Vader in Rogue One I just thought...
"Fam that's a pro MB2 Sith vs a group of gunners in Dotf Side Corridor lmaoo"

Get D3. You'll literally be like 'wow, now I see why ppl complain about Jedi being OP'

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Ehh, you can dodge their deflects. Jiggle around while spraying. Switch between aiming at feet and head to throw of their deflect aim. Have some other gunners backing you up (as a general rule) so that if they push you someone else will blast them in the little while that they're vulnerable.

I mean I don't disagree wholesale but in general I'm inclined to fight someone who says "x is OP" because I feel like that person might be giving up on even trying for counterplay. And "when I play this class/style I feel OP" is not solid proof, since it might be the case that most people don't know how to counter that class/style.

It gets even muddier when you have multiple gunners fighting a Deflect guy and there's sometimes a subtext going on of "stop shooting him, he's deflecting all your shots at me." In that situation, I'm inclined to just keep shooting and hope that whoever he's deflecting at will wise up and start dancing around.

I mean, using deflect halts or at least slows down your fp regen (depending how you use it), so if i see you deflecting imma wanna just shoot you as much as possible. And I think that should be how deflect is. It should be a way to deal some damage back when shot, but it shouldn't hold up against a big attempt to mow you down.

@SHPECKLEDORF Health denotes physical constitution. I don't know if you read my long post above, but again: Jedi (in canon and in MBII) are not physically strong. If they get hit, they get hurt. They specialize in not getting hit, not in tanking hits. High health is an extremely silly idea, and Jedi in-game are already extremely good at not getting hit.
Yes, they are physically strong. They have to be strong to lift shit with the force and ffs luke carried around that yoda guy for like 24 hours training. Also, I know they get hurt when they are shot but they don't outright die. Luke gets his hand cut off yet doesn't die, if you get shot in the foot 3 times you are outtie. We aren't "good" at not getting hit, were are good at hiding and running away like cowards from a GUNNER when he depletes our force power.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Jedi are extremely good at not getting hit. Not only are you fast enough to evade lots of shots, if you just hunker down and block you can block for a long-ass time. Maybe you should read up on the mechanics?

Physical constitution has nothing to do with capacity to lift things with the force. Carrying a little green man around for a long time does not indicate superhuman strength. Getting a hand cut off (and immediately cauterized) won't kill anyone. Tons of Jedi got mowed down in Order 66, and Coleman Trebor died to about two shots from the front when facing Jango Fett. Getting shot in the foot three times won't kill any class in this game (with most guns), and the fact that you can technically die from shots to the legs at all is just an unavoidable videogamey side effect of the health bar system in this game.

Moreover, a Jedi in this game can actually take about three regular blaster shots square to the chest, and even one blaster shot square to the face and still be quite alive (albeit at "low health"), which seems like much more of a feat than we ever see from any Jedi in Star Wars. Vader blocks a blaster shot with his hand, but that seems like a matter of him having extremely durable robot limbs.

(mind you, in the films, a single direct shot from a blaster to the torso tends to kill or at least very seriously damage most people, which isn't the case in MB2, so all classes in MB2 are considerably tougher than people in the movies. The closest you can get to a feeling of movie-level blaster strength is if you're a P3 Hero fighting against (Armor 2?) Soldiers, and you're scoring headshots.)

edit: most importantly, tons of evidence from just watching experienced Jedi/Sith players play this game will show you that Jedi/Sith are a very strong class. Are they a class that can single-handedly dominate an entire team of tough customers with blasters? No, but neither are Jedi/Sith in canon media. For example, Hondo and his pirates in full force have a clear advantage over Dooku, Kenobi, and Maul/Savage, unless the Jedi/Sith has pulled some clever strategic trick to gain an advantage.

For example, Maul negotiated with some of Hondo's pirates to bring them to his side. If Sith were as overpoweringly strong as you are suggesting, then Maul and Savage could have just completely rampaged until the remaining pirates surrendered and pledged loyalty. But nope!

Anything else?

Last edited:
or example, Maul negotiated with some of Hondo's pirates to bring them to his side. If Sith were as overpoweringly strong as you are suggesting, then Maul and Savage could have just completely rampaged until the remaining pirates surrendered and pledged loyalty. But nope!
u srsly taking cartoon as example?

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Vader blocks a blaster shot with his hand, but that seems like a matter of him having extremely durable robot limbs.

Actually, I think it's been attributed to a Force power, but I don't remember the name.

For example, Maul negotiated with some of Hondo's pirates to bring them to his side. If Sith were as overpoweringly strong as you are suggesting, then Maul and Savage could have just completely rampaged until the remaining pirates surrendered and pledged loyalty. But nope!

Well, putting their strength or non-strength aside, it's not really wise to destroy the resources you want to take, especially when you need all the resources you can get.

That maybe true and all, but this is a multiplayer game. It needs balance. Simple as.