Gameplay Direction Post 1.4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
logo_mb.png

Gameplay Direction Post 1.4.3
Hi Guys, I am Hexodious - In the last few weeks I've taken over as Gameplay Lead for Moviebattles II and its occured to me that we've never actually told you where we are headed or why we make specific changes in regards to gameplay. I'd like to use this as an opportunity to change that for us as a team to be more transparent moving forwards as we look to improve the game throughout future patches. This will also allow you to know what we are looking to change, and what kind of feedback we are looking for.

In 1.4.4 we are looking to freeze a solid core for Jedi/Sith in place so we won't have to touch these mechanics for at least a few major patches - This includes: Saber vs Saber, Saber vs Gun and Force Regeneration. I've been looking at a lot of the feedback we've received for 1.4.3 as well as playing a lot of Jedi/Sith in this build and given everyone's experience with 1.4.3, we want to improve on the mechanics that were introduced to make them smoother and a lot more engaging. The goal for Jedi/Sith is to improve their staying power while reducing their ability to retreat while under pressure. 1.4.3's regeneration mechanic did allow this to some extent but was too punishing for players who were trying to support their team.

Below I will break down the core changes we are exploring for 1.4.4.
Please note all of the below is subject to change before release.

FP Regeneration and Drains
Based on 1.4.3's feedback we will be tweaking the FP Regeneration mechanics so that you don't have to worry about holding block, in fact we encourage it.

We will still have 3 states of FP Drain:
  • Defenseless (Saber Down/Melee/Idle/Meditate): Base FP Drains for weapons.
  • Autoblock (Running): Increased FP Drains for weapons.
  • Block: Greatly Decreased FP Drains for weapons.
And there will still be 4 states of FP Regeneration, but we have modified them slightly:
  • Meditate:
    • FP Regeneration: Highest, Transition: Ramps up over time, Restrictions: Stationary.
  • Defenseless (Saber Down/Melee/Idle):
    • FP Regeneration: Base, Transition: Ramps up over time, Restrictions: Can't Block.
  • Defending (Autoblock/Holding Block):
    • FP Regeneration: Slightly lower than base, Transition: Instant.,Restrictions: None.
  • Deflecting (Actively Being Shot):
    • FP Regeneration: Greatly lower than base, Transition: Instant Debuff, Duration: 3 seconds (duration can be refreshed each shot, and FP Bar's hue is darkened to indicate debuff is present), Restrictions: Only applies while holding Block.

This combination of drains and states allow us to still have the benefits of really low FP Drains while blocking but doesn't needlessly punish you for holding block while you are not being shot at, whether you are dueling the enemy saberists or supporting your back line. We haven't got the numbers quite in place yet, but after initial testing this feels much smoother and allows the Jedi to have much more freedom while still pushing towards a more active responsibility to manage their FP.

Sense
Sense is a highly debated force power, many would like the power removed completely while others see it as a staple ability that should not be touched. Based on the feedback we've seen we have decided to keep the ability largely similar to how it is, but adjusting how its activated and the durations. In 1.4.4 Sense will tie more into the FP management direction we want to see Jedi's moving towards by using a similar mechanic to Force Speed, another toggled ability but where the duration is solely based on your remaining FP pool.
  • Rank 1: Activation Cost: 15FP, Tick Cost: 5FP, 20FP grants you 2s of Sense (equal to the current implementation, but you can have it on for longer if you wish to spend more FP).
  • Rank 2: Activation Cost: 10FP, Tick Cost: 5FP, 20FP grants you 3s of Sense (an increase over the current implementation, and you can still choose to have it on longer if you wish to spend more FP).
  • Rank 3: Activation Cost: 5FP, Tick Cost: 5FP, 20FP grants you 4s of Sense (a large decrease over the current implementation, but you can still choose to have it on longer if you wish to spend more FP).
These changes allow sense to still be used as an information gathering tool, but encourages smart use of the ability only having it on for as long as you need. Having sense on for a long time while setting up that ambush will leave you starved for FP, greatly increasing the enemy's chance to counter you.

Wall-grab
This ability is a real life-saver while moving around a map and dropping to lower levels, especially on maps like Deathstar. But there are certain players who like to use its ability to hang onto walls forever, often in unreachable locations that cause it to be used in ways we do not intend or to setup lengthy ambushes. As such, the new wall-grab mechanics will actively drain FP slowly while holding onto a wall, automatically drops you upon reaching 0 FP. Also, wall-grab can no longer be used to regenerate FP after bunny hopping.

These changes will still allow the ability to be used as a safe-fall but should prevent poorly planned ambushes. Players will need to better manage their FP pools by choosing the right moment to setup an ambush.

Saber Perks
We've been here before. While Saber vs Saber perks offer a nice diversity between the styles the Saber vs Gun perks adversely change the gameplay dynamics we'd like to see during Saber vs Gun fights. For this reason Saber vs Gun perks won't be included in future builds. Expect refinements to the Saber System and updated Saber vs Saber perks in 1.4.4.

Deflect
This is another ability that greatly benefits from the reduced Block drains and as such we've made some tweaks while updating the mechanics to be less ping dependent. In 1.4.3 Cyan had the ability to deflect by simply holding attack while blocking, this allowed the player to focus entirely on aiming but was too powerful with continuous FP regeneration (even at slow speeds). We liked the quality of life this provided and have applied it to all ranks of deflect (with the Cyan deflect perk being removed). Deflect is in all cases activated by holding attack while blocking and pauses FP regeneration.
  • Rank 1: Rapidly Drains FP while held, Cannot be used inside IDR.
  • Rank 2: Slowly Drains FP while held, Can be used inside IDR, Cannot be used inside Flinch range.
  • Rank 3: Does not Drain FP while held, Can be used inside IDR, Cannot be used inside Flinch range.
Deflecting fits the Jedi fantasy perfectly and gives them a great way to support allies at range beyond push and sense. Now the Jedi must make an active choice to pause their FP regeneration completely in order to reflect shots at the enemy. This still makes Jedi want to wisely time their Deflects as holding it down during a full barrage will quickly deplete your FP pool, but is much more friendly for players of higher ping. We didn't like how in previous builds deflect could be used to facehug someone to death, and while this issue still remains in the form of random deflects, we are able to minimize it greatly.

What about Gunners?

We are mostly happy with the way a lot of the gun classes work. While there are a few things we'd like to look at *cough* SBD *cough* the following are being changed in 1.4.4:

Projectile Rifle
The initial reason behind the Projectile Rifle FP change was to allow Jedi to survive a pop snipe from around a corner, but pop sniping was very fun to do. In reflection of this we've decided to bring back the protection for running Jedi outside of IDR and allow shot-gun snipes to exist vs running Jedi only. A blocking Jedi will be able to protect against a sniper rifle at any range.
  • FP Drain Inside IDR while running: Uncapped.
  • FP Drain Outside IDR while running: 40.
  • FP Drain Inside IDR while blocking <40.

ARC Westar M5
The ammo on this thing has been too low for too long, we heard you. We are increasing the max ammo capacity of the Westar M5 to be inline with other weapons of its type.
  • Ammo 1: From 240 > 360.
  • Ammo 2: From 360 > 480.
  • Ammo 3: From 480 > 600.
This change is very self-explanatory, we feel that ARCs are in a good place at the moment and are very versatile. But the extremely low ammo count was causing too many issues - especially on higher population servers, where the ARC felt like he couldn't provide supporting cover.

Dodge
While the new dodge mechanic does what we want it to, it feels a bit too cumbersome by forcing you into a movement state based on rank and having to hold a button at the same time. We want Dodge to be used to get through chokepoints and suppressed areas, but not to let you tank huge amounts of shots for free. We also thought it was too hard to glance at your Dodge Points while they were being drawn as small numbers and have re-introduced the Dodge Bar.

In all cases, dodge is activated by holding it and has no movement restrictions.It also cannot be used while scoped.
  • Rank 1: Cost: A full bar drains over 1 second. Cannot be used up close.
  • Rank 2: Cost: A full bar drains over 2 second. Cannot be used up close.
  • Rank 3: Cost: A full bar drains over 3 second. Can be used fairly close.
These changes still allow Dodge to be use as a cover breaker while requiring a manual activation to complete. We wanted to keep the current Disruptors(Stationary/Hitscan) vs Projectile(Mobile/Pop-snipe) balance in Sniper vs Sniper engagements but wanted to still provide an alternative option to fight back. Dodge will allow you break the usual corner-play and press the offensive or fallback into cover while you are being shot at. We are still exploring the Hold mechanic over a form of Toggle, similar to what we've introduced for Sense.

Dash
Bringing dodge into a more manual ability was causing conflicts with Dash and Dodge Points. We want players to be able to Dash freely and not to worry about their remaining Dodge Points, at the same time we didn't like the gameplay double dashing in a row would cause skewing balance in the favour of the Hero. Dash has been changed as follows:
  • Rank 1:
    • Dashes a short distance in the current movement direction.
    • 2.5s cool-down.
    • Doesn't share a cool-down with Melee moves.
    • Same activation.
    • Unlimited uses.
  • Rank 2:
    • Dodges any incoming blasters for the duration of the dash animation.
The cool-down still allows Dash to be used as an intended quick escape or combat positioning tool but prevents double Dashing to escape instances where you may poorly used the ability. At the same time we didn't want to interrupt fun combos such as Dash into Flying Kick, similar to how Blob and Flying Kick function as independent cool-downs.

Final Thoughts

We are excited to get these changes out to you as soon as possible and are committed to continuing progress of the game. The above items are unlikely to change bar number tweaks, but now that we've been able to give you an insight into the direction we are taking we would love to hear back from you on new features, weapons, abilities and mechanics you'd love to see included into Movie Battles II in future builds following 1.4.4.

Sense

• Rank 1: Activation Cost: 15FP, Tick Cost: 5FP, 20FP grants you 2s of Sense (equal to the current implementation, but you can have it on for longer if you wish to spend more FP).
  • Rank 2: Activation Cost: 10FP, Tick Cost: 5FP, 20FP grants you 3s of Sense (an increase over the current implementation, and you can still choose to have it on longer if you wish to spend more FP).
  • Rank 3: Activation Cost: 5FP, Tick Cost: 5FP, 20FP grants you 4s of Sense (a large decrease over the current implementation, but you can still choose to have it on longer if you wish to spend more FP). -Yay more stupid nerfs for jedi/sith! How about lightning? This thing is ridiculous. Not sense. Also a suggestion: If you want to fix jedi so much why add more stuff to counter the stuff you added earlier? Just remove jedi damage reduction AND flinch. Remove that stupid stun from lightning when the sith stops to use it. No more ez kills with it but it's still a good thing for teamplay.

Wall-grab
This ability is a real life-saver while moving around a map and dropping to lower levels, especially on maps like Deathstar. But there are certain players who like to use its ability to hang onto walls forever, often in unreachable locations that cause it to be used in ways we do not intend or to setup lengthy ambushes. As such, the new wall-grab mechanics will actively drain FP slowly while holding onto a wall, automatically drops you upon reaching 0 FP. Also, wall-grab can no longer be used to regenerate FP after bunny hopping.

These changes will still allow the ability to be used as a safe-fall but should prevent poorly planned ambushes. Players will need to better manage their FP pools by choosing the right moment to setup an ambush. -It's good that people won't hang 5 minutes on a wall just to save the ego score.

Saber Perks
We've been here before. While Saber vs Saber perks offer a nice diversity between the styles the Saber vs Gun perks adversely change the gameplay dynamics we'd like to see during Saber vs Gun fights. For this reason Saber vs Gun perks won't be included in future builds. Expect refinements to the Saber System and updated Saber vs Saber perks in 1.4.4. -Good. Q3 and cyan deflect were bad.

Deflect
This is another ability that greatly benefits from the reduced Block drains and as such we've made some tweaks while updating the mechanics to be less ping dependent. In 1.4.3 Cyan had the ability to deflect by simply holding attack while blocking, this allowed the player to focus entirely on aiming but was too powerful with continuous FP regeneration (even at slow speeds). We liked the quality of life this provided and have applied it to all ranks of deflect (with the Cyan deflect perk being removed) -(Can you remove cyan too?)- . Deflect is in all cases activated by holding attack while blocking and pauses FP regeneration.
  • Rank 1: Rapidly Drains FP while held, Cannot be used inside IDR.
  • Rank 2: Slowly Drains FP while held, Can be used inside IDR, Cannot be used inside Flinch range.
  • Rank 3: Does not Drain FP while held, Can be used inside IDR, Cannot be used inside Flinch range. -No more spamming mouse1. Good.

Projectile Rifle
The initial reason behind the Projectile Rifle FP change was to allow Jedi to survive a pop snipe from around a corner, but pop sniping was very fun to do. In reflection of this we've decided to bring back the protection for running Jedi outside of IDR and allow shot-gun snipes to exist vs running Jedi only. A blocking Jedi will be able to protect against a sniper rifle at any range.
  • FP Drain Inside IDR while running: Uncapped.
  • FP Drain Outside IDR while running: 40.
  • FP Drain Inside IDR while blocking <40. -It's cool that there are reasons to changes. But is "very fun to do" a good reason? eh?

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Evidently not, seeing as you clearly believe a saberist can even semi-reliably beat an equally competent gunner (without the use of lightning, at least). What does that mean, that I'm a much better ARC than I thought, that ARCs don't fit properly into your neat little balance scheme, or that Frank and Crusade are much worse than I thought? (I would list more, but I've already forgotten some of the people I've caught.)
No ! It just means you are fighting jedi who are really bad even if you don't believe that's the case. ^_^

I've been playing a few hours a day since 1.4.3 - heck, probably since 1.4.1! It still doesn't work out.
Am i talking in riddles or what ? Are my sentences that hard to understand ? I didn't mean you need to experience the usual gameplay, i meant you need hand-holding by a really patient guy who will show you in-game, by A + B, with all the details needed, that your gameplay view is wrong. Specifically said "you need to be shown". Yes.

Very few 'other people' are even trying to support you anymore, not with actual arguments. They either go against you, ignore this whole debate altogether, or make the odd remark like Gumba or Polak have.
That's not surprising lol, since what i'm doing is really exasperating. The human way to respond would be somewhat Gumba does and just "xD, these guys are really hopeless, this is funny to watch, popcorn", but apparently i happen to be a hardcore nerd (along with Oddlewad) who will do more than that.

pop sniping was very fun to do

It's cool that there are reasons to changes. But is "very fun to do" a good reason? eh?
Yeah agree with that, i don't think a shot should ever drain more than 40 or maybe 50 FP at most, it's kinda stupid.

(Can you remove cyan too?)
Yes please.

There is little to argue about since we don't have the same basis of gameplay experience. To me, you guys don't really seem to know what you are talking about due to skewed experience and views, and you can say the same about me and the other veterans who have the same basis, so this is just stupid.
I can agree with that, at least in my case. I've almost all of my time playing as force whore, I have no idea how to play as a gunner aside from "walk and shoot stuff" and as a saberist competent gunners scare me. I don't think my opinion really matters unless I'm talking from the perspective of a noob. :C

Edit: Apparently to a quite a few people I'm not a noob.

Last edited:
I don't usually weigh in on balance regarding saberists vs gunners because I don't play the former, at all.

All I can say on that topic is that flinch is retarded AF and we should have the old 'you take damage when you swing and get pushed back slightly but can still complete an animation' system. Sure saberists could rush you and get an easy kill on a sold but classes like hero & ARC are still more than capable of overcoming that. It also means that saberists aren't punished for getting close to a gunner, swinging and getting insta denied by flinch.

Yeah agree with that, i don't think a shot should ever drain more than 40 or maybe 50 FP at most, it's kinda stupid.
I meant the reason in the thread. If there's a good reason behind it then ok i didn't really play bh/hero much so idk.

No ! It just means you are fighting jedi who are really bad even if you don't believe that's the case. ^_^

Am i talking in riddles or what ? Are my sentences that hard to understand ? I didn't mean you need to experience the usual gameplay, i meant you need hand-holding by a really patient guy who will show you in-game, by A + B, with all the details needed, that your gameplay view is wrong. Specifically said "you need to be shown". Yes.

That's not surprising lol, since what i'm doing is really exasperating. The human way to respond would be somewhat Gumba does and just "xD, these guys are really hopeless, this is funny to watch, popcorn", but apparently i happen to be a hardcore nerd (along with Oddlewad) who will do more than that.

Yes please.

Totally hopeless to argue with this kind of dev.
Throwing in a shit autoprotection feature and if saberist die because of this shit, its a bad saberist?
That cant be the logic of a sane person.
Actually the gunner is bad because he needs this garbage of flinch.
If i reading most of the stuff stassin writes i cant believe hes in the project lead.
With every post he proves hes totally incompetent for this job.

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
God freaking heck, this is like talking to a bunch of clueless kids who are so certain they know better. Seriously, better keep you in the dark than try to communicate. I'll leave that to tempest, it seems he likes to promise everything everyone wants or at least makes it feel that way like a politician such that everyone feels happy and understood. Doesn't change the end result though, heh.

RG4

Stassin you're acting like an SS13 coder, learn to take criticism and not insult your player base.
On topic outside of saberist, how about we discuss something that basically is a must need on every map and even in FA. Snipers.
In games where it's one and done snipers hold large amounts of power over how a game can sway if they're decently skilled and are able to take out other power classes IE, Wookies,SBDs,Sith/Jedi,Mandos,other snipers. Most people don't complain about it because well they like being able to GG no re people with sniper rifles, I love doing it because it requires some skill to even use properly considering how MB2 works. But right now and for a long time I've seen rounds go down to sniper wars, or one sniper basically being able to take out majority of the team to where everyone else is either mobbed by 5 players or more. Hell the issues with people being able to land shots on the fly because they're able to abuse some the movement mechanics has been called into question.

Many other games tend to have balancing things to even out the advantage sniper rifles have, IE damage falloff,bullet drop, unanchored positions are very inaccurate,movement restrictions,high cost,zeroing. So MB2 literally has none of these outside of reloading causes you to be exposed for like 3-4 seconds. But besides the skill ceiling there's no downside to it at all. Specifically on mobile gunners such as Heros/BHs, Ruptor,M5 Sniper, and EE3 sniper all have several disadvantages because of.
  • Ruptor NEEDS to be bought at level 2 and has a trade off of standing still(I've seen savy players jump charge it, fix that)
  • M5 Sniper has a high ammo drain,you need to trade off other points to get it, lowest sniper damage, drains from main ammo pool
  • EE3 high ammo drain, high damage, takes directly from your ammo pool
So I suggested was giving proj two levels, level one is very mobile but is reduced damage, isn't very accurate in most circumstances. Level two deals full damage, but your base movement speed is lower when carrying it, and you're required to be standing still in order to be accurate with it. This in kind would make armor useful against snipes instead of X class being the ones able to tank sniper shots, when all class will be able to have a sporting chance.

God freaking heck, this is like talking to a bunch of clueless kids who are so certain they know better. Seriously, better keep you in the dark than try to communicate. I'll leave that to tempest, it seems he likes to promise everything everyone wants or at least makes it feel that way like a politician such that everyone feels happy and understood. Doesn't change the end result though, heh.

He?

I knew it. She's a dude. That walks like a lady. t(+_+)t

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
;(
QQ

I don't usually weigh in on balance regarding saberists vs gunners because I don't play the former, at all.

All I can say on that topic is that flinch is retarded AF and we should have the old 'you take damage when you swing and get pushed back slightly but can still complete an animation' system. Sure saberists could rush you and get an easy kill on a sold but classes like hero & ARC are still more than capable of overcoming that. It also means that saberists aren't punished for getting close to a gunner, swinging and getting insta denied by flinch.
I just think ARC and flinch is weird. Like when a sith pushes a gunner class down, that means he spent FP to take the risk of pretty much guarenteeing a kill if he successfully pushed down the gunner, and if he pushes an ARC, the arc can get up and shoot at the same time, so why push an ARC down as a sith? If someone is a sharpshooter and they pick ARC against sith, they auto win.

I just think ARC and flinch is weird. Like when a sith pushes a gunner class down, that means he spent FP to take the risk of pretty much guarenteeing a kill if he successfully pushed down the gunner, and if he pushes an ARC, the arc can get up and shoot at the same time, so why push an ARC down as a sith? If someone is a sharpshooter and they pick ARC against sith, they auto win.

By the same avenue of logic, should a soldier not get a guaranteed kill against a sith when he knocks him down with a grenade?

ARC is unique in that the class has zero barriers to movement, there is no point in time where you are unable to use one or the other form of Dexterity 3 movement, this means that the skill barrier is entirely on your focus and on you, you'll die faster than the worst sold player if you fuck up or you'll kick arse and take names if your ontop of your game and your focus is high.

Or y'know, imps will spawn with ruptors & projs to kill the ARC before he can get started. Another class that is unbeatable if you're a sharpshooter by the way, is wook. Godcaster is IMBA if you can aim.

That doesn't mean that you're unkillable however, sith just have to approach you differently. You can't beat an ARC in a head-on assault unless the ARC slips up but you can certainly wear down their stamina or use lightning to disable their ARC moves (they can still jump).

Similar to how Deka or SBD requires unique approach from a Jedi, you can't rush them head on and expect to win 9 times out of 10.

Flinch is in many ways weird.
We talking about a feature that help to kill saberists without problems.
For example many classes have 2-3 lives, what the point in try to killing them, if you cant swing properly and get flinched almost everytime, and then they have 1-2 other lives, after you managed to get this hard earned kill, while these guys have nothing to do beside spamming blasters?
You as saberist gained nothing from this besides low hp.
Its pointless crap.
Then we have clones which has one of the fastest guns even with lvl2 and blobs which knock a saberist down even if hes blocking.
Wookies with bowcaster lvl 2 is almost unbeatable.
Sbds and deka, well...i dont think i must say anything to this two.
This game is unbalanced in so many ways at the moment and then hearing from a dev its balanced and fixed, just makes me sad.
The only way a saberist has to kill gunners is to use the force or backstab them, everything else is pointless suicide and not very enjoyable.
Even for a good saberist its a gamble, if he get flinched its over almost everytime.
For a 1 live class, this is just retarded.

Yes I agree Fou. I do not like clones AT ALL. They have one of the fastest firing guns in the game, have 2 lives to use that gun twice, and then have blobs to knock you down if you are trying to block that fastest gun in the game, to shoot you even more. Against clones it's either attack and get flinched then die, or don't attack, blobbed, then die. You can use deflect but I'm not taking deflect just because one guy on the team is a clone.

that was an astonishingly childish statement

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Being willing to try out ideas that seem like they'd be a positive change isn't the same thing as promising everyone they can get what they want/suggest for the game. There's been plenty that I've shot down when talking with people about various features.

Couple of things btw:
1) The FP regen decrease (and window of recovery) being based on being shot was one of the first suggestions I had for it when it first got brought up..
2) Having flinch be based on threshholds so that you have to drain the saberists before you can cancel their swings was also one of my original suggestions for it. Don't know what ever happened to that.
3) If I listened to/implemented everything everyone wanted, nudge would have been gone without consideration given there's a small handful that still want it vs the vast majority that don't. Compromises though.

Anyway...ARC with new threshholds for ammo levels is pretty nice.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
2) Having flinch be based on threshholds so that you have to drain the saberists before you can cancel their swings was also one of my original suggestions for it. Don't know what ever happened to that.
I was fond of this idea too when flinch was first tried out, so it would be sort of similar to old stagger from... whatever build that was in. But having a FP threshold kind of defeats part of the purpose of flinch. You don't have time to drain a saberist who's hiding behind a corner. Flinch lets gunners stop an ambush if they react fast enough or know its coming. With an FP threshold, you wouldn't be able to drain the jedi fast enough as they step out of the corner, and the jedi could just sacrifice some HP to get a guaranteed kill.

ha..after over 8 years of playing mb2 to just have my opinion thrown aside by stassin because i apparently simply havent played against these godlike european jedi and im just an inexperienced noob

go fight against shylix in gen during rc1 and come back to me that i havent experienced an unkillable irl sith lord playing mb2 in his spare time

its very clear to me that any posts directed at you are either going to be misunderstood, or dismissed outright because you assume anyone that doesnt think along the same lines as you is either stupid or ignorant.

mb2 did pretty well with having coders being gameplay designers for a very long time, but now we finally have an example of why big studios dont do it

Wasting time and exasperating. I'll discuss with those who understand the same basis as me, the others please just go learn2play, go fight good jedis (real good jedi, not the ones you think are good but are actually pretty noob) as gunners and get rekt until you understand, whatever.

8 years ago this attitude would get you laughed off the forum by every vet still posting, and half of your other posts would be dismissed by "learn2walk noob"

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
I was fond of this idea too when flinch was first tried out, so it would be sort of similar to old stagger from... whatever build that was in. But having a FP threshold kind of defeats part of the purpose of flinch. You don't have time to drain a saberist who's hiding behind a corner. Flinch lets gunners stop an ambush if they react fast enough or know its coming. With an FP threshold, you wouldn't be able to drain the jedi fast enough as they step out of the corner, and the jedi could just sacrifice some HP to get a guaranteed kill.
Maybe having it tied to the debuff for being in combat somehow..That way you can still flinch if you are indeed prepared/aware of the hiding saberist while alleviating random single shots being able to stop everything in all scenarios?

Status
Not open for further replies.