bring back wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Removing the wait key was something that got to me p.p. It's not like making minor scripts for binding things like "speed lunge" or whatever hinder gameplay for other players... all players have access to it and its pretty easy to figure out. Scripting like this is allowed in all competitive gametypes in jka such as ctf, nf, ff and strafe so I don't see why you would disable it here.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
You aren't supposed to be using scripts to automate things like that anyways, it's only 2 keys.

You aren't supposed to be using scripts to automate things like that anyways, it's only 2 keys.
My point is ---> Why not? Why can't I use scripts? it's only a nuisance when you yellow dfa by accident. no skill involved. I'm not specific to just speed lunge anyways.... scripts just make things less complicated than they unnecessarily are. It was built into the game and it's a legitimate tool, but it seems some dev rage removed it out of nowhere tbh :S

Supa

The Serial Stacker
They also can make bad behaviors like lags (and hard to aim you) in the wrong hands.
This is the most probable reason it was removed. The one bad apple will always ruin it for everyone else. :p

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Pretty sure this was intended to prevent lag scripting, something that was exploited quite a bit.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
That's a temporary fix. Our's was a permanent solution. In this one case, we would have been in the wrong if we ignored it.

how did the lagscripts work anyway? maybe it's possible to restrict different command than wait or code a new function that would allow delays in script execution?

Cat Lady

Which is good, cause random changing of color during fight is irritating and confusing for other players ;)

Supa

The Serial Stacker
how did the lagscripts work anyway? maybe it's possible to restrict different command than wait or code a new function that would allow delays in script execution?
Flood yourself with controlled commands or something along those lines.

lagscripts were a huge problem, not only because of the unfair advantage but also the ability to duplicate ammunition with them in builds previous.

While it was fuckin' fun... I don't miss it

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Wait had a very abusable function while allowed the user to run and fire accurately with any gun. This was very strong especially with wookiees.

This was an unfair advantage and was subsequently removed.

Cat Lady

He binds color change to one key, then another color change to another key, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.