Inside a Droideka: A Documentary by Jorge-Fonseca

For over a decade, the destroyer droid class has been the source of great gameplay in Star Wars Movie Battles II, but what makes the Deka class so special is that unlike any other class, it is actually a vehicle. Yes, every time you select a Deka, you are actually spawning a vehicle in the game. This enables us to have a non-human model that has abilities and movements that would otherwise not be easily achievable.

But if the Deka class is a vehicle and all Jedi Academy vehicles need a driver, then who is that driver?

This question has troubled the entire community for a long time. Back in the early builds when a Deka was killed it was possible for other players to enter the body (since it's just a vehicle) and use/drive it - Leading to some epic firepower and further proof that the Deka is just a vehicle. In more recent years, sightings of the inner driver have leaked to Youtube with a potential invisible player model wandering about after its vehicle Deka has been destroyed. Such videos exist in the darkest place of the internet, but again the driver is invisible. The closest we have gotten is knowing that when a Deka is destroyed its driver transcends into another dimension where us mortals cannot see him.

This is where I come in. As some of you know I joined the MBII team not too long ago, at first it may seem that all I have done is create /ragequit and delete funny pictures, but the truth is I was recruited into the MBII team with the intention of getting to the bottom of this mystery once and for all.

Well, today is that day. After months of investigation and decoding Ace's bugs. I finally cracked the mystery of the Deka driver!

Fmz421N.jpg

The critical moment when I finally broke into the Deka.

It was not easy I tell you. I had to switch between Deka to other classes repeatedly and inject code into the runtime among with great energy fired directly at the Deka, but I finally did it.

I am not sure how our MBII lord and savior, RenegadeOfPhunk, feels about this, but to me it is as if I have just opened the ark of the covenant. The moment I cracked open the Deka, as seen in the picture above my map instantly switched to a Jedi Outcast Multiplayer Map, Bespin Underground, and then after a bright flash of light and some weird hum I've never heard before, I was again teleported into another Jedi Outcast map, and then I saw him, the driver, I tried recording with my computer but also started recording with my phone, and I am glad as my fraps only recorded static and white noise! So forgive me for the footage not being of best quality as this was meant to be a backup to my PC recording. What I saw was truly a once in a lifetime experience. The driver was a fully loaded mini player model (about half the height of a normal player, with his arms extended out to his side. The driver was fully armed with the Deka canon and the Deka roll speed. Throughout if you raise the volume you could hear a constant hum sound coming off my speakers. And to my amazement had a fine Mandalorian Armor, a true warrior at its finest. This appearance only lasted a few seconds and soon after my phone stopped recording and I got Blue Screen of Death. This was a few days ago and I have not yet been able to repeat it. It is as if the Driver fixed his weak spot in order to avoid being sighted again.

The footage is not the best, but you must understand that this happened so fast and I assumed my fraps video would be okay. If you don't trust me take a look at my HelpmeObiWanKenobi D; -PC Build | Movie Battles II Community PC build thread, sure I said it was for a new VR PC, but the truth is, after that blue screen of death my PC was fried!

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Droideka Driver!

To me it is an honour to have been able to contribute to the MBII team such wonderful and defining discovery. I know somewhere out there Ford is proud of me. I'd like to thank the MBII Development and Beta Team for their support with this and am glad that the mystery of the Deka Driver has been finally solved. I delivered. If anyone else happens to acquire any more sightings of him please forward them to me. This is merely the end of the beginning. I shall continue my research and I have recently received new assignments. I think it's time once and for all that we find out more about who that Kyle is and why he keeps appearing randomly in our servers.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
The real question is; why does the driver have the same weapons if he isn't in the vehicle?

at first it may seem that all I have done is (...) delete funny pictures
yes was
you%20very%20good%20you.gif

Now for that Kyle guy...
i have a theory
since someone suggested that a kylebug is linked to the zero player-ID, maybe that value put in the packets interferes with the server while interpreting them
and causes the other informations (playermodel, sabercolor, playerteam, name etc.) to be corrupted and default themselves to an unnamed dual white saber kyle?

Last edited:
Mother of God...
Let me just tell you this guys - DO NOT try to replicate that. I was foolish enough to try, and I paid the price...
At first I was just getting BSODs, but on the 4th or 5th try my computer shut down completely. It seemed like my hard drive was fried. Then I tried to use my laptop.. I wish I didn't. Not only did laptop stopped working, but also all the lights in my house went off. And then... I heard something. A sounds of walking droideka, coming right from my house's doorstep.
I locked myself up in my basement with a bat and some food, but I don't know what to do next. I don't want to die.
Stay away from this guys. Please.

Now we need to crack open the case of Kyle Motherfucking Katarn bestowing his blessing on those who believe the most, and giving them a holy pair of white lightsabers. This is some taboo bullshit i tell you what.

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Step-by-step guide of making a mountain out of a molehill.

Jorge

Venom Big Boss Coder
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I had kyle-in-deka bug.
this can happen when you get kyle bug, but this bug is like a transcendence of this.

Mother of God...
Let me just tell you this guys - DO NOT try to replicate that. I was foolish enough to try, and I paid the price...
At first I was just getting BSODs, but on the 4th or 5th try my computer shut down completely. It seemed like my hard drive was fried. Then I tried to use my laptop.. I wish I didn't. Not only did laptop stopped working, but also all the lights in my house went off. And then... I heard something. A sounds of walking droideka, coming right from my house's doorstep.
I locked myself up in my basement with a bat and some food, but I don't know what to do next. I don't want to die.
Stay away from this guys. Please.

you were warned, retreat to your exit, Dekas are coming

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
And here I thought the driver was kyle...
Actually, I always thought that driver is a Kyle, since each time I spawn as deka, I see Kyle for some very small amount of time.

btw is it normal that when I die as deka, there is ball flying around player I spectate? o_O
at first it may seem that all I have done is (...) delete funny pictures
Oh how could you even think somebody got that impression? I was almost always sure that you do much more than just hunting down my pictures. :rolleyes:

ef169dcc86d6.gif

=============

37fc03f7e519.jpg

a6ca937ef9c4.jpg

be1cd0526396.jpg

22cb5abeeef2.jpg

f542cdf4c5e0.jpg

64509f1aaa31.jpg

dc03ba50939e.jpg

13b87e782e8f.jpg

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
How the hell do most of you people that post pics on the forums have that font for in-game chat?
This is add-on for Russian players, which allows to see Russian letters in chat.
You can use it too, though be aware that it may brake some national (non-English) symbols.
Download, unzip, place into "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII" folder.

Attachments

• zzz34_rutext.zip
    25.5 KB · Views: 279
Last edited: