•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Windows 10 - Sliding mouse

I wanted to put some information on here that people may experience in the future as they upgrade to windows 10 (Deadline: July 29th, 2016). I upgraded to windows 10 over the weekend and found an issue where the mouse was constantly sliding on the screen. MB2 appeared to be the only game affected, and I tried adjusting sensitivity/mouse etc. MB2 was also the first game that I used a mouse with on Windows 10, so this may actually fix other games as well.

Here was what I found:
- Right click on your desktop wallpaper > Select Display Settings
- Under the Display tab, Change the slider from 150% to 100%. Windows 10 uses 150% by default
- Restart your computer

Last edited:
What do you mean by "Right Click > Display Settings"? What exactly is it that I right-click? My desktop? OpenJK? Note that I am on Windows 8.1 but am experiencing the same mouse-sliding glitch.

What do you mean by "Right Click > Display Settings"? What exactly is it that I right-click? My desktop? OpenJK? Note that I am on Windows 8.1 but am experiencing the same mouse-sliding glitch.

I updated the original post to include right clicking on your desktop. However, I don't think the feature I am referring to was introduced until windows 10. See the following link for the windows 8.1 equivalent if you are still having issues: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/make-text-screen-larger-smaller/?v=t

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Here was what I found:
- Right click on your desktop wallpaper > Select Display Settings
- Under the Display tab, Change the slider from 150% to 100%. Windows 10 uses 150% by default
- Restart your computer
This all depends on your display density. I did not experience this problem with my monitors.

An alternative that will probably work is to disable display scaling for the program itself. This has the advantage of still allowing you to scale things generally so text is easier to read. For each EXE (mbii.x86, openjk.x86, jamp, jasp (steam connection)) you would need to set Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. http://i.imgur.com/hWsHhMC.png