Why you play this mod ?

I play this because of how hard the game is, and that its a mod that is actually finished.

Not a lot of mods actually end up finished, this game has some long history behind it did not succumb to the typical tropes of "Life is hard, im leaving now." or the shoe horned response of "I don't have any free time."

Don't start a project you know you won't finish, its just excuses and laziness. People that love what they do actually finish their work, and you can see the amount of effort that has gone into it.

This mod is actually DONE, and HAS CONTENT, and DEPTH.
People sat down with this game and actually fucking finished it, when I can go on moddb and notice 90% of the shit is unfinished and started years ago. Polish people are fucking AWESOME developers when it comes to this kind of shit.

I also like starwars.

Last edited:
I do it for the shit talk and the laughs. I've been a star wars fan for a very long time, but I've not played a game for as long as Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
I've been playing for almost a decade and now I'm stuck here please send help.

Also this mod is the only StarWars game I've ever played that has fun gun vs gun, saber vs saber, and saber vs gun gameplay all in one.

This mod genuinely helped me when I was really low, it's always had a better feeling than other games:)

Why do I play this mod? Short answer. Addiction. At least it's a better addiction than alcohol/smoking/drugs in my opinion.

Share my best moments? Too many, always different memories daze through my brain. Generally the best moments for me are big ownages (whether mine or witnessing someone else's) and random ridicolous shits which had so low possibility to happen.

EDIT: discussions like this always remind me of this line: http://star-wars.pl/grafika/2003/lip/1024x768_blue.jpg

Last edited:
It has some of the deepest mechanics out of all multiplayer FPS/TPS games I know of that still have players in them

I'm also very, very used to the Q3 engine and while it's pretty old, the way movement feels is just really nice and a lot of modern Unreal games, like Chivalry or Red Orchestra for example, don't feel so precise in terms of control.

It also has some speed to it, with 5 minute rounds, and despite the slow movement speed of characters themselves, fast projectile weapons add a lot of speed to the gameplay.

The community is also small so it's nice to always meet people you've learned to know by name over the years, and because of the small community I can see a player's name and know how difficult an opponent they'll be to fight. It adds to the competitiveness, and I've felt that I've gotten somewhere after all these years when I've managed to fight and survive against people who seemed unbearably skilled a couple of years ago.

Also, it's Star Wars.

Why do I still play this crazy mod after all the long years? Mainly because of the community. I have met kinda nice people during the years and with most of them I'm still in touch and talk every day.
Besides that
Seriously, who doesnt like running around with Vader himself holding a rocket launcher in his hands....

Lindsey

Movie Battles II Team
Been playing since end of B14, at first it was a breath of fresh air for a game I had been playing since launch, but over the years its become my portfolio/first forray into game design and daily stress relief (the ability to quickly jump into a game and double fist lightning some rebels Palpatine style never ceases to relax me XD)

Also as others have said, its Star Wars, but a Star Wars game done right (why has it been so hard to emulate this game's success over the years? A question I hope to ask to the Disney overlords one day).

The community needs to keep this mod alive by any means, there will never be another Star Wars game as full featured or complex than this :p

This is the best game Also its fun, *Looks Behind himself* No sith last time i was stabbed in the back-
*Gets stabbed* see what i mean *Dies*

This mod genuinely helped me when I was really low, it's always had a better feeling than other games:)
maybe you should cut your hair like my other grandsons. they put a bowl around, get a pair of scissors, and bam, it's done. under 30 seconds. or secondes as we used to call them.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I like the small community, I'd like to think I'm friends with most of you lot, so it's fun to hop on a server and hang together while talking smack.

The gameplay is also very fun and varied, which never fails to entertain me. I've failed to find a game that gives me similar liberties. Having played this mod for roughly 9-10k hours by now also kind of means that I'm pretty good at it and always will be. It's fun to play a game you're really good at. There's no better feeling than playing a really good round of MB2.

Jorge

Venom Big Boss Coder
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I've played this mod for 10 plus years and I still suck at it :p