Why don't we have a deathmatch game mode?

Just curious. I just came back to this game after not playing for a long time and it's nigh impossible to get anywhere when out of practice, and failing results in waiting another 10 minutes for the round to end...
Why don't we have deathmatch, capture the flag or some other unlimited respawn game mode?

Bob-Billy

KotOR Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
Someone managed to host a FFA server 2 years ago I think, best in game experience imo

Someone managed to host a FFA server 2 years ago I think, best in game experience imo
Yes! And then the devs nuked the server and refused to add FFA themselves under the pretense that "nobody would play open since MBII is a team-based game"
Please proceed to shit on devs in the comments below in an orderly and methodical way to bully them into adding FFA
1601512152207.png

Lindsey

Movie Battles II Team
Duel mode exists for the saber exploration tactics. Other modes are being explored like aforementioned capture the flag but those depend on other factors and code changes for it to be done properly

Yes! And then the devs nuked the server and refused to add FFA themselves under the pretense that "nobody would play open since MBII is a team-based game"

The server used exploits/workarounds that the code (at the time) was able to process but already we were getting requests to fix things the exploit workarounds were causing - which the coders don't have time for.

Please proceed to shit on devs in the comments below in an orderly and methodical way to bully them into adding FFA

I do not need my eyes to see you RPers x_@

Have you ever got lamed in tin duel? That's what you are going to get in a deathmach server.
How about Team deathmatch? It'd just be nice to respawn, I can't get any friends into the game because every time they try to learn it they just die and have to wait for the next match before they can do anything again.

D

Deleted member 8306

How about Team deathmatch? It'd just be nice to respawn, I can't get any friends into the game because every time they try to learn it they just die and have to wait for the next match before they can do anything again.

dying is part of the game. tell your friends to read some gunner guide or watch gameplay of high level open players and see what theyre doing. or just go to casual corner and hope to pop it, but good luck getting good there without being banned

I think the planned conquest mode will be similar to that - the only thing holding it back is making deka respawns work which currently isnt possible with the way vehicles work.

dying is part of the game. tell your friends to read some gunner guide or watch gameplay of high level open players and see what theyre doing. or just go to casual corner and hope to pop it, but good luck getting good there without being banned

Yeah, I got into this game a few years back, but if I didn't like star wars so much, i'd have quit... It's really hard to sell how good this game is when not only do you need homework first, you'll only do well with the most boring classes and every mistake means you don't get to play for another round. I know it's possible, because I was VERY into this game at one point but the road to getting good seems too long and without enough reward at the end... hell, I was good-ish at the game a while ago, but after taking a break I'm not even sure I myself will get into it again.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
I think the planned conquest mode will be similar to that - the only thing holding it back is making deka respawns work which currently isnt possible with the way vehicles work.

There is alot more to do than that. Most of the entity work i did back in 2012 got butchered for capture point style objectives and needs to be redone.