White theme not available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Almost since day one, I used white theme for this forums, picked it in "Style chooser" (or whatever it called) at the bottom of main page.
But having logged in today, I've found forums drawn with default dark style. Is it just me or alternative theme is actually disabled? Why? And can I have it back?

ef5c93ea1947.png

3d3ebec9c830.png

Phelps

Donator
Jesus, the tag "eyes bleeding" is legit, why would you do that to your eyes? I'd like to help, but I have never noticed there is an option of themes, heh.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Jesus, the tag "eyes bleeding" is legit, why would you do that to your eyes? I'd like to help, but I have never noticed there is an option of themes, heh.
Because such dark themes makes feel uncomfortable, that's why. I really don't understand why so many software developers and web designers are obsessed with dark styles these days. For centuries black text on white paper were in use, why do we need change it now?

P.S.: I hope I get your reply right, you are wondered why I prefer light theme over dark one, yes?

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Default theme is disabled. We will not maintain two themes at once (and it's required to keep copyrights in place - example).

Subaru

Not a car!
Donator
Because such dark themes makes feel uncomfortable, that's why. I really don't understand why so many software developers and web designers are obsessed with dark styles these days. For centuries black text on white paper were in use, why do we need change it now?

P.S.: I hope I get your reply right, you are wondered why I prefer light theme over dark one, yes?
Paper is not black on white. It's black on cream, and not at fullbright.

Cat Lady

It is worth to mention that people with various colorblind-related problems, out current them is rather unfriendly. It is a pity that we can't have fallback (even if buggy or ugly) black on white theme. By the way, what the heck does having it enabled have to do with copyright?!

Status
Not open for further replies.