What Style is That?

In the sense of The Legend Forms of Lightsaber Combat, form I-VII (Shii-cho, Makashi, Soresu, Ataru, D'jem So, Niman & Juyo) I wanna open the question up;
Which color is which style?
In what ways are they like that style?
In what ways are they Not like that style?
Which styles are we missing.

...I'm gonna just throw out there that we appear to have at least two styles definitely in place, Blue style being Soresu (form III) and Red style being D'jem So (Form V) so, until that's debunked, the following list to be filled in.

Shii-cho, Form I:
Makashi, Form II:
Soresu, Form III: Blue style
Ataru, Form IV:
D'jem So, Form V: Red style
Niman, Form VI:
Juyo, Form VII:

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
The basic jedi outcast styles system cannot be compared to the different forms of lightsaber combat that exist in lore. MBII is based on these basic styles, blue, yellow, red, green, white and then added cyan (Tavion) and purple (desann). The base game and MBII doesn't draw upon the forms, so we can't say that one lightsaber style = a lightsaber form.

In Open Jedi project it's a bit different, because there the styles are actually named after the forms. I think I've had a dream since 2007'ish that MBII would adopt the lightsaber forms into the system somehow (maybe as perks). Especially because they're great for flavour and the ppl that used to RP in MBII would've loved it. The devs at the time and even still today, are focused on MBII as a game and not on fan lore RP aspects. They think the design should be focused on good gameplay and be utilitarian in all other respects, a bit like how CSGO doesn't include alot of weapon lore and the like. In-fact they've stated previously that they don't want RP in MBII and by extension any flavour fluff is being ignored in favour of spending dev time on polishing gameplay mechanics and fixing bugs.

As it stands right now though, I would think it's about time to include some of these elements in the game. I would love lightsaber forms being added in some form, maybe as purchasable lightsaber perks for open or only dueling mode or both (some being available in dueling mode only and vice versa). I've suggested this sort of thing before, but atm I don't think it's going to happen, so I won't waste my time making up perks again. In other words, unless the devs decide to change their design philosophy slightly, to actually cater to star wars fans, which would probably be advantageous, lightsaber forms and other RP'ish flavour elements aren't going to be added.

Uhhh, JKA is based more like in Luke's three rings of defense rather than in the SW saberforms, so MB2 is the same but with purple and cyan. However, i think you can apply them to the game if you are a phreak (but an alpha male) like me.

Form I - Yellow (when your yellow is very basic and you only spam A-D-A-D lmao).
Form 2 - Purple.
Form 3 - Blue.
Form 4 - Ataru is the most difficult saberform to apply because obvious reasons (the acrobatic shit, the critical hits, the hits that are helped by the force) but i guess that Acrobatic red style with force speed can fit it.
Form 5 - Red.
Form 6 - Yellow (the advanced and the fucking good one m8)
Form 7 - Cyan.

Soz for bad english but l hope it helped you.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Juyo is most definitely purple, encapsulating the whole idea of using your opponent's rage against them (PB - ACM - strong counter). Also Juyo has strong kinetic attacks (almost as strong as Djem-So) and Cyan doesn't have that. Cyan is more makashi imo.

Cyan is definitly Makashi, just take Dooku with his saber, it's definitly that. :p

Just ask count Sudoku.

What the fuck guys, the idea of using the enemy emotions against himself is from Dooku's Makashi, for that he was very arrogant (you can check out in wookipedia), also, with juyo, the fact that you rely on use your emotions against the enemy and dont look only for kill him, but annhilate him, makes the style a style that is based on dont let your enemy attack, like Darth Maul did in EP1, making very very fast swings, like cyan, in the other way, we have dooku, playing a way slower style, using enemy emotions against himself (PB perk of purple) and using a lot of footwork (which is definetily more natural and maybe easier in purple than cyan)

No, the idea of using emotionss against the ennemy is the Dun Möch. Used by every sith user no matter the lightsaber style they use.

The idea behind it is to be provocative, and show your superiority in BOTH the use of the lightsaber AND the use of the Force.
The Sith can use all forms of lightsaber it wouldn't matter

Vader himself used the Dun Möch against Luke, first by showing he was superior with a lightsaber, THEN showing he was superior with the Force THEN attacking his emotion.
A Sith can practice the Dun Möch with EVERY style of lightsaber form.

No, the idea of using emotionss against the ennemy is the Dun Möch. Used by every sith user no matter the lightsaber style they use.

The idea behind it is to be provocative, and show your superiority in BOTH the use of the lightsaber AND the use of the Force.
The Sith can use all forms of lightsaber it wouldn't matter

Vader himself used the Dun Möch against Luke, first by showing he was superior with a lightsaber, THEN showing he was superior with the Force THEN attacking his emotion.
A Sith can practice the Dun Möch with EVERY style of lightsaber form.
Ok, but neither is the priority of juyo

Ok, but neither is the priority of juyo
Juyo is simply the use of a Double-Bladed lightsaber (or staffsaber like some people call it).

Infact, Dun Möch can also be used with that style. Maul could considered to be a user of it.

Holding ground against 2 jedi? Check.
Prooved he was good with the force? Check.
Defeated a jedi master in 1 vs 1? Check.

You seem to think Dun Möch is a style of lightsaber in itself, it is not. It's a Psychological style.

Juyo is simply the use of a Double-Bladed lightsaber (or staffsaber like some people call it).

Infact, Dun Möch can also be used with that style. Maul could considered to be a user of it.

Holding ground against 2 jedi? Check.
Prooved he was good with the force? Check.
Defeated a jedi master in 1 vs 1? Check.

You seem to think Dun Möch is a style of lightsaber in itself, it is not. It's a Psychological style.
No, Juyo is a saberform that is based on emotions and annhilate the enemy, you are reffering to Jar'Kai, i actually know what Dun Möch is

No, Juyo is a saberform that is based on emotions and annhilate the enemy, you are reffering to Jar'Kai, i actually know what Dun Möch is
Yup, jut checked, Juyo is the other name for Vaapad that use emotion. Just like that Badass Motherfucker Mace Windu used.
Still, you said bullshit when speaking about Dooku Makashi.

Yup, jut checked, Juyo is the other name for Vaapad that use emotion. Just like that Badass Motherfucker Mace Windu used.
Still, you said bullshit when speaking about Dooku Makashi.
l didnt because he used it, wathever, let it go

Last edited: