•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Weird as hell FPS drops / temporary game freezes

Karus

Donator
Hi,
I've been having this issue for a really long time but I have just learned to live with it.
But after asking around a little bit, and finding out literally nobody else has this issue, I would love some help on this situation.

The issue occurs at multiple times during the game:

- When a new round starts:
(Countdown to Zero) then at zero the game staggers/freezes for like 3 seconds and then its fine.
Then FPS shoots from 5 back up to 30.

- When somebody connects to the server (not actually join a round, but just connects to the server)
Game freezes for about 1-2 seconds.
Fps shoots from 5 back up to 30

- When clicking the "Join" button to select a team
Game freezes for about 2-3 seconds

- When selecting a team from the Join menu

- When selecting a lightsaber hilt I haven't previously selected within that server session

- Outside of a server/game, this shit still occurs, but only when I click the "Join" button to see servers.
Game freezes for about 2-3 seconds.

-Specs
TOSHIBA SATELLITE C50-B
Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N2830 @ 2.16GHz,
2159 Mhz,
2 Core(s),
2 Logical Processor(s)
x64 based system

(Some background information on a past issue that I think might be causing it):
JKA was crashing, SP & MP due to opengl error.
Downloaded SciTech OpenGL, used OpenGL32.dll from that - game worked

Pretty sure it's not a graphical problem though, my computer runs games newer than JKA smoothly at high settings.
- Karus

Karus

Donator
Update:
New hardware.
Desktop
GPU: GeForce GTX 1050
CPU: Rayzen 3 2200G

After a year of playing different games, I have come back to MBII to discover that I am suffering from the same problem.
There really needs to be some sort of fix for this.
Scowering the forums, I’ve seen that I’m not the only one who has experienced these issues.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
After a year of playing different games, I have come back to MBII to discover that I am suffering from the same problem.
Latest MBII version introduced a new bug.
Open Windows technical FAQ/troubleshooting guide and scroll to "Issue: Lag and visual glitch every time sabers clash".

Do you experience it in open mode?

Let's make sure MBII actually uses NVIDIA:
  1. Open a console by pressing Shift + ~ (aka Shift + `)
  2. Type and press Enter:
    Code:
    condump a.txt
  3. Upload a file "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\a.txt" to this thread.

Karus

Donator
Open Windows technical FAQ/troubleshooting guide and scroll to "Issue: Lag and visual glitch every time sabers clash".

Do you experience it in open mode?

Let's make sure MBII actually uses NVIDIA:
  1. Open a console by pressing Shift + ~ (aka Shift + `)
  2. Type and press Enter:
    Code:
    condump a.txt
  3. Upload a file "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\a.txt" to this thread.
Yeah, I experience this in Open mode also.
I’ll make sure Nvidia is being used and i’ll post an update.
Cheers

Karus

Donator
I don't experience issues in this regard, it is usually when I select something in the menu (e.g. Join, class select) I get a stutter issue, where the game audio will stutter a few times and the game will freeze for 1-2 seconds.
Also when a new round is about to start, and the countdown reaches 1, everything will freeze, and the audio will stutter.
Very strange. It's not a GPU/CPU power issue, as I have turned down every single graphical setting to the lowest, including dynamic glow. But the problem persists.

Karus

Donator
I’m happy to say that I have slightly resolved this issue.
Im pretty embarassed that it took this long to figure out.
I was not using the EAX Sound Quality setting, which was causing the audio to constantly stagger at certain points.
I haven’t managed to fix the graphical stutter issues completely, but its a start.

Karus

Donator
SOLVED
With a fresh install of Windows as well as running the game using the JAMP engine through client, I have resolved this problem.
I believe it was caused by data clogging the HDD, though I’m honestly still baffled about it.
If anyone ends up having the same issue, I’d like for them to see this reply, so they can try these fixes and see what works for them.

*Before you do anything, ensure your graphics drivers are completely up to date.
You can update your graphics drivers by visiting your GPU manufacturer’s website and download their auto-update software.
E.g. GeForce Experience*

1. Ensure you have “EAX Audio” set to On in the Audio section in the in-game settings.

2. Run the game through the Launcher using MBII Client, JAMP.
If the issue persists, move on to 3.

3. Go to your Jedi Academy GameData folder, delete it, and proceed to uninstall the game.

4. Re-install Jedi Academy. Once that’s done, download MBIILauncher and place it into your GameData folder.

5. Go to your new GameData folder, find “reset_mbii_launched.exe”
Launch it
Type “Y” and hit enter.

6. Run MBIILauncher and ensure you update the launcher first, and install the mod.

7. Run the mod through the client using JAMP and MBII Client.

If all the above doesn’t work, your last resort is to reinstall your OS.

I found sucess with JAMP, but it could vary depending on your system.

The issue should now be resolved!
If the issue persists, try turning down your graphics settings, as your system is most likely struggling to run the game at the settings you have it at.

ent

Movie Battles II Team
3. Go to your Jedi Academy GameData folder, delete it, and proceed to uninstall the game.
You better uninstall first then remove the folder but not visa-versa, because the uninstallation process may fail if some files are already missing depending on the game edition (steam/cd/gog/pirated).