We need a new guide for adding models to the game.

As far as I know from what I've read, we can now add custom models to the game rather than replace current ones. I can't find any guides on how to do that other than the old guides for replacing them. I'd appreciate any help with this, I've come back from a very long break and have decided that I'd like to finally start trying something like this. Thanks.

-Edit- Also, if anyone could please explain to me how to install several .MP3 files into a model that would be great, thanks. I've tried a few things and always seem to get the "Take that!" sound. Models that seem to have red and blue teams also built in don't seem to work either even if I remove the colored files and rename the normal one.

Last edited:
If possible (for future people who seek this out), what did you have to do to get it working? I'll try to put everything together in a nice tutorial format soon (I need to do this map side as well <_<)
I was putting the folders inside of models instead of the path before that, so for example, I was putting sound effects and other things inside of the model folder when they instead all needed to be before that. I guess the best way I can explain it is - my .pk3 file is called Eater.pk3 and inside of that is ui, sound, shaders, models, gfx, ext_data, and effects. I was putting all of that inside my models folder when it needed to be put in the beginning of the .pk3.