We need a new guide for adding models to the game.

As far as I know from what I've read, we can now add custom models to the game rather than replace current ones. I can't find any guides on how to do that other than the old guides for replacing them. I'd appreciate any help with this, I've come back from a very long break and have decided that I'd like to finally start trying something like this. Thanks.

-Edit- Also, if anyone could please explain to me how to install several .MP3 files into a model that would be great, thanks. I've tried a few things and always seem to get the "Take that!" sound. Models that seem to have red and blue teams also built in don't seem to work either even if I remove the colored files and rename the normal one.

Last edited:
Check the update logs for 1.6.

Its pretty simple each class is identified by the first three letters, e.g sith->sit, the name of the models file is +sit_modelname for sith.

Then rename icon_default to mb2_icon_default, open the model_default.skin file and rename/(point to) where the textures are.

e.g if file was called darthphobos, rename all entries to +sit_darthphobos.
If you use notepad++ highlight entry required then ctrl+h and put new entry in to rename all

Should be noted that if your model uses cut off skirts or capes you may have to make another folder and put the textures in that new folder, and point to them from the +classID_modelname folder. If you have issues with a skin having white parts I would recommend doing this.

For sound you will also need a modeldata.cfg file, copy the below into notepad whatever and save as modeldata.cfg

// breath
breathes "1"
// soundsets
sounds_default
galen (this is whatever your sound file is named)
m (male m, or female f)

Quick dumb question, if I add a custom model, what does it look like for others? The default "first" model on the list?
Have in mind I'm not talking about replacements since that's obvious

Any custom models you add will look like the first default model of its respective class to anyone who doesn't have it, e.g. if it's a custom model you add to Sith it will look like the Shadowtrooper to everyone else. Or if it's one you add to Hero, it'll look like Jan.

To further clarify what Snowblind has said regarding the entries, when you do open up the model_default.skin file, the lines will look something like this:

face,models/players/darthphobos/bod.tga

You'll need to edit the bit in bold to +sit_darthphobos to reflect the new directory which the textures and model data will be in.

Last edited:
Reactions: SK5

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer

Check the update logs for 1.6.

Its pretty simple each class is identified by the first three letters, e.g sith->sit, the name of the models file is +sit_modelname for sith.

Then rename icon_default to mb2_icon_default, open the model_default.skin file and rename/(point to) where the textures are.

e.g if file was called darthphobos, rename all entries to +sit_darthphobos.
If you use notepad++ highlight entry required then ctrl+h and put new entry in to rename all

Should be noted that if your model uses cut off skirts or capes you may have to make another folder and put the textures in that new folder, and point to them from the +classID_modelname folder. If you have issues with a skin having white parts I would recommend doing this.

For sound you will also need a modeldata.cfg file, copy the below into notepad whatever and save as modeldata.cfg

// breath
breathes "1"
// soundsets
sounds_default
galen (this is whatever your sound file is named)
m (male m, or female f)
Thanks a lot. One more question to add to this, if I have for example a sound folder, where would I put it inside the .pk3? I also have a sounds.cfg that has a model name, do I also need to rename that to sit_andthenmymodelname here or do I leave it as default? And if my model has several sound files inside that sound folder, what then? It's essentially a bunch of .MP3 files and sadly custom sound is the one thing I can't get to work. All I hear is that one default "Take that!" sound.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. One more question to add to this, if I have for example a sound folder, where would I put it inside the .pk3? I also have a sounds.cfg that has a model name, do I also need to rename that to sit_andthenmymodelname here or do I leave it as default? And if my model has several sound files inside that sound folder, what then? It's essentially a bunch of .MP3 files and sadly custom sound is the one thing I can't get to work. All I hear is that one default "Take that!" sound.

The hierarchy for the folders is as follows,

models\players\+classID_modelname

shaders

sound\chars\(can be whatever)\misc

You would then select those three folders and put them into a zip file, then rename the .zip to .pk3, also the pk3 should be named to zz_zwhatever.pk3 or any similar scheme, this is due to the game loading in .pk3s backwards, this may resolve issues with models not loading in.

Only the folder following players needs to be renamed to +classID_modelname and any entries that are made in the model_default.skin file.

Do not rename anything in the modeldata.cfg to +classID_modelname (you can but it is pointless, since you will need to rename the folder after chars )

DO NOT rename any of mp3s or wavs in the misc folder

e.g we are going to put galen in the game.

models\players\+jed_galen

shaders

sound\chars\galen\misc

Our modeldata.cfg would look like this.

// breath
breathes "1"
// soundsets
sounds_default
galen
m

Last edited:
The hierarchy for the folders is as follows,

models\players\+classID_modelname

shaders

sound\chars\(can be whatever)\misc

You would then select those three folders and put them into a zip file, then rename the .zip to .pk3, also the pk3 should be named to zz_zwhatever.pk3 or any similar scheme, this is due to the game loading in .pk3s backwards, this may resolve issues with models not loading in.

Only the folder following players needs to be renamed to +classID_modelname and any entries that are made in the model_default.skin file.

Do not rename anything in the modeldata.cfg to +classID_modelname (you can but it is pointless, since you will need to rename the folder after chars )

DO NOT rename any of mp3s or wavs in the misc folder

e.g we are going to put galen in the game.

models\players\+jed_galen

shaders

sound\chars\galen\misc

Our modeldata.cfg would look like this.

// breath
breathes "1"
// soundsets
sounds_default
galen
m
Any chance you could explain that a bit differently / better? What do I put in shaders? And what do you mean by "Only the folder following players needs to be renamed to +classID_modelname" What do I rename to that exactly? One last thing, unless I missed it you never said which folder to put the .MP3 files into exactly and do I just put that new .pk3 into my single .pk3 that has all my models in it? I am starting to feel like I must be getting annoying at this point lol.

Last edited:
Any chance you could explain that a bit differently / better? What do I put in shaders? And what do you mean by "Only the folder following players needs to be renamed to +classID_modelname" What do I rename to that exactly? One last thing, unless I missed it you never said which folder to put the .MP3 files into exactly and do I just put that new .pk3 into my single .pk3 that has all my models in it? I am starting to feel like I must be getting annoying at this point lol.

If you have any shaders they go in the shader folder.

For your model, you would have a folder called models, inside of that is a folder called players, inside of that is a folder with the mentioned naming convention of +classID_modelname, e.g +bou_hk50 if you wanted to add hk50 to bounty hunter class. The model_default.skin file that has any entries of hk50 being the model folder would need to be renamed.

E.g

face,models/players/hk50/face.tga >>>>>>> face,models/players/+bou_hk50/face.tga

That is the only folder that uses this naming convention, NO other folder uses this.

If you have any shaders they go in the shader folder.

For your model, you would have a folder called models, inside of that is a folder called players, inside of that is a folder with the mentioned naming convention of +classID_modelname, e.g +bou_hk50 if you wanted to add hk50 to bounty hunter class. The model_default.skin file that has any entries of hk50 being the model folder would need to be renamed.

E.g

face,models/players/hk50/face.tga >>>>>>> face,models/players/+bou_hk50/face.tga

That is the only folder that uses this naming convention, NO other folder uses this.
I'll try what you just said now, but here's a picture of my .pk3 folder if this helps.
b0e0d650f178443099a7211975b32548.png

The +classID_sit_motskyle is named incorrectly, +sit_motskyle is correct.

Make a folder in the pk3 called models, then inside of that make another folder called players, then put all of the +sit_… into the players folders.

The +classID_sit_motskyle is named incorrectly, +sit_motskyle is correct.

Make a folder in the pk3 called models, then inside of that make another folder called players, then put all of the +sit_… into the players folders.
I have the models working completely fine, I just cannot get these damn character taunts and voices to work =\.

For the sounds open up a notepad or notepad++, then copy the below into the notepad, replace “sound file name” with whatever the folder is called that has the sounds in it for that specific model. M denotes male, if female put f.

// breath
breathes "1"
// soundsets
sounds_default
Sound file name
m

Save this as modeldata.cfg and put it into the +sit_… file, it must correlate to the sounds used by that model.

For the sounds open up a notepad or notepad++, then copy the below into the notepad, replace “sound file name” with whatever the folder is called that has the sounds in it for that specific model. M denotes male, if female put f.

// breath
breathes "1"
// soundsets
sounds_default
Sound file name
m

Save this as modeldata.cfg and put it into the +sit_… file, it must correlate to the sounds used by that model.
Yep, I must be dumb or doing something wrong because I did exactly what you said and I am still hearing the default "Take that!" lol. I am going to put 3 more Gyazos that should be enough information, if they aren't then I guess I don't know what to do.
f8e9a6b5a99616ff575ecd1809fe44da.png
1a8c4d8637ea5321d21349eee0ea174a.png

In the kylesounds folder, there needs to be a folder named misc, in that folder you put the sounds.

The Kylesounds folder needs to be in a folder named chars, the chars folder needs to be in a folder folder called sound.

This sound folder needs to be seperate from the models and shaders folders.

So when you open up your pk3, you should see three folders, one called models, another shaders, and sound.