Voice line trigger on Dodge

Hello!

What about adding new voice lines that would activate when pressing the Dodge ability.
This would make it less frustrating when fighting in long corridor, tracking who used it.
Modding wise this can be done. (Adding a sound on the animation frame is a piece of cake), but the reason I propose it is if the devs are interested for an officiel implementation.

Thanks for reading!

Mr. Sigma

Internal Beta Team
I don't think this is necessary at all. Dodge is meant to have an element of surprise to it in order to trick the enemy and not have them knowing when you're using it (unless they see it obviously). Having a voice line play every time you use dodge would be excessive, in my opinion. But who knows. Only one way to find out, test it and see if its a viable option.

I'd prefer if there was a sound that plays when a character dodges instead. The animation can be hard to see, but a sound would signal that it happened and give a better idea of what kind of resources your opponent has left, just like with pain grunts.

:thumbs-up-ponda-boba: Good idea
Honestly this game could use more sound / visual feedback in general. After playing some other games such as Darktide and DayZ Standalone I'm reminded how much little sound effects like gear rustling while moving and animated icons for abilities help make a game feel great to play

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
how much little sound effects like gear rustling while moving and animated icons for abilities help make a game feel great to play

Yeah, it would be great to get a lot more sounds in. We don't really have a person dedicated to sound, and a coder that can dedicate time to adding all the little things. Plus engine limits. Sounds like gear rustling for example is probably something that would have to be done in animevents, but that would be different per model as someone wearing mando armor would sound different than someone in just cloth as a rebel ET.

For this specific case, I would think that in a lot of situations you would be too far away to hear the dodge voice line so it wouldn't help as much as the crosshair notification suggested above at those distances. And at close range, it should be pretty obvious when someone dodges your shot without this. That doesn't make it a bad suggestion though, as it is a good one to have more voice lines and stuff. Just whether or not we have time with all that we have to do especially without people dedicated to such things. I had to completely learn new tools in order to get the sounds for the new mando abilities done, but that took a way from my time for other things.

MBII would greatly benefit from a sound revamp. But as Mace said, the devs don't really have the resources or anyone with enough experience/dedication in the matter to do such a thing yet. So an unofficial sound mod sounds like the way to go.

You sure audio is the best way to go about this? First of all, it would have to be a universal sound effect for all the models, as there's no way the devs would make one for each. Second, the sound effect needs to be loud and distinct, otherwise you wouldn't even hear it. Dodging happens when there's blaster fire, explosions and taunts all around, so it needs to stand out. And finally, the sound effect also needs to make sense, so as much as it pains me to say it, it can't just be a bass boosted vine boom effect.

Crosshair indication is a better and much simpler idea imo.

Im able to recognise sound from damage (100 - 75 - 50 - 25HP) and most people too. Adding another one for dodge would be just the exact same thing. If you can't hear it from a distance, you need some gaming headphone :yodacool: