•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue VM_Create on UI failed

I keep getting this error when I boot up the mod, a minute after I see the Movie Battles II loading screen it crashes and I get this log.

------- sound initialization -------
Initializing DirectSound
- using ancient version of DirectX -- this will slow FPS
locked hardware. ok
----- Sound Info -----
sound system is muted
1 stereo
32768 samples
16 samplebits
1 submission_chunk
22050 speed
0x9a30050 dma buffer
No background file.
----------------------
------------------------------------

--- ambient sound initialization ---
Sound memory manager started
Loading dll file ui.
Failed to load dll, looking for qvm.
Loading vm file vm/ui.qvm.
Failed.
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
VM_Create on UI failed

1591217849595.png

View attachment 4705
Yeah I was on there earlier, I deleted the files and it still doesn't work.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
The DLLs failing to load usually means something on your system (like antivirus) is interfering and preventing the engine accessing them.

The DLLs failing to load usually means something on your system (like antivirus) is interfering and preventing the engine accessing them.
Far as I know, I don't think I have an anti virus activated? I've checked multiple times to see if I have one on and I can't find one on my system.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Far as I know, I don't think I have an anti virus activated? I've checked multiple times to see if I have one on and I can't find one on my system.
Honestly you haven't even posted any system details, so there's no way for anyone to even guess at why there might be an issue. The DLL failing to load has very few possible causes though. Antivirus blocking it is the main one. It's also possible you don't have a system dependency but AFAIK the C runtime version has not changed at all for this release so almost all Windows systems should not need dependencies for it.

Honestly you haven't even posted any system details, so there's no way for anyone to even guess at why there might be an issue. The DLL failing to load has very few possible causes though. Antivirus blocking it is the main one. It's also possible you don't have a system dependency but AFAIK the C runtime version has not changed at all for this release so almost all Windows systems should not need dependencies for it.
Alright, so what system details do I need to show you? and where could I find it, sorry if this is a dumb question but this issue has never happened to me nor any of my friends I play with.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Operating system? Path the game is installed to? More detailed context? (it's not even clear if you have managed to successfully run the mod in the past on that computer)

These things aren't really specific to MBII support, use Google if you don't know how to find out something.

Operating system? Path the game is installed to? More detailed context? (it's not even clear if you have managed to successfully run the mod in the past on that computer)

These things aren't really specific to MBII support, use Google if you don't know how to find out something.
32-bit Operating system. Path Program Files<LucasArts<Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy< Gamedata. I use the JKJA Disk 1 to run Multiplayer and I use the MB2 launcher to launch the mod.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
32-bit Operating system. Path Program Files<LucasArts<Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy< Gamedata. I use the JKJA Disk 1 to run Multiplayer and I use the MB2 launcher to launch the mod.
That is not an operating system, just the CPU architecture the OS was built for. The path indicates you are using Windows, but that could be XP to Windows 10. Please be more specific.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
No it doesn't work, I opened it and followed the setup install and didn't work. Do I have to place it in a specific file location?
How specifically did it not work? The redistributable failed to install? It installed successfully but the game still did not start up properly?

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Nope, still the same error unfortunately after the restart.
If the redistributable was installed then there isn't really a reason it wouldn't work. Can you confirm whether the mod has ever worked before? I think I asked that earlier.

If the redistributable was installed then there isn't really a reason it wouldn't work. Can you confirm whether the mod has ever worked before? I think I asked that earlier.
Yes absolutely it has worked before until today, before booting up the game to see the new update today I did download a small skin pack, went to boot up the game and now this error shows, I have deleted the small skin pack to see if it was that and no it still does not want to work.

Yes absolutely it has worked before until today, before booting up the game to see the new update today I did download a small skin pack, went to boot up the game and now this error shows, I have deleted the small skin pack to see if it was that and no it still does not want to work.
this is the skin pack I went a head and got earlier today before getting the error
0100456D-771A-4D13-8E8C-A5F864308412.png