•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue vm_create on ui failed error

ok i'm sorry you guys have to go and help all these people on the same problem, but i have a problem as well. I try and start up the game. The title screen appears, then i'm kicked out and it says Vm_Create on UI failed, or something close. I have the latest directx (it's 12 right), i have microsoft c++ visual thingy, i deleted the .dll files, i didnt have any recording stuff, so i dunno what to do. Please help

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Vm_Create on UI failed, or something close.
"Something close" isn't good enough. Are you kidding me? What's the problem to quote error message precisely, or post a screenshot?
Anyway, you try this: MBII Launcher => Settings => uncheck "Steam integration" (skip if there's no such checkbox) => Engine => MBII Client => Play.
If there is any errors, quote them fully and entirely.

dwarf

Donator
Internal Beta Team
ok i'm sorry you guys have to go and help all these people on the same problem, but i have a problem as well. I try and start up the game. The title screen appears, then i'm kicked out and it says Vm_Create on UI failed, or something close. I have the latest directx (it's 12 right), i have microsoft c++ visual thingy, i deleted the .dll files, i didnt have any recording stuff, so i dunno what to do. Please help
Assuming you used the launcher to download the update, reinstall JKA with a clean gamedata folder and download MB2 game files from moddb and install manually.

Once the files are downloaded and extracted into the gamedata folder, extract the launcher and run it.

I had a similar issue with a mate of mine, for some reason the launcher download wasn't downloading a .dll

Running installation repair, and local file check on steam said the game was downloading a file every time, but the same problem occurred. I assume, it wasn't downloading the file.

Try the method in the second quote, let me know if it works for you.