Visually attractive/appealing dueling

Who are/were the most visually appealing/attractive duelist to ever play mb2?

I'd also like a description of thier dueling style or an explanation for why it makes you feel good when you see it.

I'll start with a few

Neo - A duelist that could literally become water when dueling his spacing is immaculate to the point that if your movement isn't at least decent you're unlikely to even land a clean hit.

RogueWookiee - Watching Rogue duel in a serious environment is like watching a champion duel. I've never seen such a confident aura exude from a duelist. It's as if he is 100% sure of the outcome of the duel before its finished.

James - This is the most aggressive duelist I've ever seen. Fighting James is equivalent to being jumped by a group of 10 ANGRY duelist. Personally I'd take my chance against the 10....

AOD Shaak- This was a Mind trick speed lunge jedi that inspired me to play the game heavily. This person made MT speed lunging people look dangerously fun. They also had solid snake level stealth abilities.

JokerLel- ***Redacted***

appreciate the kind words,

Kael - rarely backed down, held his ground even with low bp and maintained defense and brute yaws with not much movement but excellent control.

Mara - one of the cleanest movements ive seen

Pepito , Shady , Karus - OG hop spinners

Last edited:
I am of course talking about a fictional scenario in which dogs could talk in the past. They would call their human owners "master" haha. Why are you asking? :p

Reactions: Leo

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Karus:
Most aesthetic by far, there is no competition. I especially like the more obscure reverse spins that are hard to hit. Also spinning left on one swing, holding it, then spinning back right for a reset of mouse positioning. Very smooth mechanics. Also the perfect distancing from the opponent via good but very subtle positioning to optimize pbing, making it hard for the opponent to attack with anything but a jump-spin or trickily yawed/masked swing.

Pelm:
Applies pressure with excellent micro-dash approaches, causing the opponent to panic, then countering very smoothly or micro-dashing away for pbs, often in the little gap between an opponents halfswing. Aesthetic combo-choices, a lot of well executed uppercut combos and the famous 180 W.

Sisi:
I can never forget the way he used the return animations of swings like wd+turning 90 degrees to pb in returns during the pre-aimed era. Lots of such subtle things lost with the introduction of aimed pb. Very good swing flow and deep understanding of animation manipulation. Many elegant swing combinations. One of the first to master missing the first swing on purpose to flow into a second swing faster; he had a greater variety of these in his active repetoire than any other duelist. Also used speed, wallrunning, +use jump attacks etc before anyone else did.

Sekundus:
Old-school style switching duels. Sek is the only duelist I can have these kinds of duels with. It's a rare and nostalgic hold-over from the pre aimed-pb days and involves flowing from yellow to red to blue to yellow, etc, and sometimes faking which style you're in by hiding with the mblock animation, throw in some swing dodging and all we'd need is nudge-starts to be back in 2010. See my Darth Revan edition from around the 19m30sec mark for a little snippet of this blast from the past style (but without the nudges, unfortunately).

KillinG:
I have to include him even though some may find it an ugly way to play. He relied very heavily on mblock style in the era before aimed pb. To this day, probably the most distinct dueling style ever, and something that was lost to time. Probably the innovator of mblock anim as a style, and not just using it to hide a switch to red for a surprise counter.

Agent:
Red+Yellow, mainly from the past. It's not as aesthetic these days with blue+red. In the pre aimed pb era with nudge, there was more room for a red base-jka esque ataru style which was almost 1-hit-kill, very risky but very deadly. The old dog still got it, but it was a bit different in the past.

FMJ:
Most unique duals style, equal parts bugging and spamming, but very idiosyncratic and thus deserving of a mention.

-----------

I could go on and on into ever more obscure mentions, such as how shocker held his saber in idle-stance in the pre-aimed era with mostly SA to block most efficiently, or the particular aesthetic of halfswinging in and out of range in the pre-aimed era when A was the only fast halfswing, which gave rise to its own aesthetic, which you can catch a glimse of in my old fly on the wall video which has bawz(kronwallz) in it.

It's a shame there's not more variety in duelist styles these days. There's plenty of room for innovation and individuality. You can find your own yaws, combos and ways of initiating duels, combine your own styles like cyan+purple, spinning cyan and purple to deal damage in the gaps of the opponents timing. There's not necessarily one best way to play; you can make a lot of things work if you're good enough. Not many duelists still have the ability to mindgame their opponents anymore. Faking with movement, for example, used to be more common back in the day but hardly anyone does it anymore because of the lack of reward. Still, it's the little tricks and details that count at the highest levels and if more people took time to develop stuff like karus crouch dodges, we'd see more variety in dueling styles. You don't have to be a top duelist to have a distinct style.

Last edited:

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Tk|Paddy, SeV, Shady, Sekundus, Sisi, Saucebawz, Starushka - aka the 'Old Guard'. Each had/have a distinct way of playing that separated them from the rest.

Honorable shoutouts to Mandalorian from current crop of newer duelists (YDFA master), as well as Gargos and Hex who, although not strictly duelists, had very distinct ways of playing.

Last edited:
Karus:
Most aesthetic by far, there is no competition. I especially like the more obscure reverse spins that are hard to hit. Also spinning left on one swing, holding it, then spinning back right for a reset of mouse positioning. Very smooth mechanics. Also the perfect distancing from the opponent via good but very subtle positioning to optimize pbing, making it hard for the opponent to attack with anything but a jump-spin or trickily yawed/masked swing.

Pelm:
Applies pressure with excellent micro-dash approaches, causing the opponent to panic, then countering very smoothly or micro-dashing away for pbs, often in the little gap between an opponents halfswing. Aesthetic combo-choices, a lot of well executed uppercut combos and the famous 180 W.

Sisi:
I can never forget the way he used the return animations of swings like wd+turning 90 degrees to pb in returns during the pre-aimed era. Lots of such subtle things lost with the introduction of aimed pb. Very good swing flow and deep understanding of animation manipulation. Many elegant swing combinations. One of the first to master missing the first swing on purpose to flow into a second swing faster; he had a greater variety of these in his active repetoire than any other duelist. Also used speed, wallrunning, +use jump attacks etc before anyone else did.

Sekundus:
Old-school style switching duels. Sek is the only duelist I can have these kinds of duels with. It's a rare and nostalgic hold-over from the pre aimed-pb days and involves flowing from yellow to red to blue to yellow, etc, and sometimes faking which style you're in by hiding with the mblock animation, throw in some swing dodging and all we'd need is nudge-starts to be back in 2010. See my Darth Revan edition from around the 19m30sec mark for a little snippet of this blast from the past style (but without the nudges, unfortunately).

KillinG:
I have to include him even though some may find it an ugly way to play. He relied very heavily on mblock style in the era before aimed pb. To this day, probably the most distinct dueling style ever, and something that was lost to time. Probably the innovator of mblock anim as a style, and not just using it to hide a switch to red for a surprise counter.

Agent:
Red+Yellow, mainly from the past. It's not as aesthetic these days with blue+red. In the pre aimed pb era with nudge, there was more room for a red base-jka esque ataru style which was almost 1-hit-kill, very risky but very deadly. The old dog still got it, but it was a bit different in the past.

FMJ:
Most unique duals style, equal parts bugging and spamming, but very idiosyncratic and thus deserving of a mention.

-----------

I could go on and on into ever more obscure mentions, such as how shocker held his saber in idle-stance in the pre-aimed era with mostly SA to block most efficiently, or the particular aesthetic of halfswinging in and out of range in the pre-aimed era when A was the only fast halfswing, which gave rise to its own aesthetic, which you can catch a glimse of in my old fly on the wall video which has bawz(kronwallz) in it.

It's a shame there's not more variety in duelist styles these days. There's plenty of room for innovation and individuality. You can find your own yaws, combos and ways of initiating duels, combine your own styles like cyan+purple, spinning cyan and purple to deal damage in the gaps of the opponents timing. There's not necessarily one best way to play; you can make a lot of things work if you're good enough. Not many duelists still have the ability to mindgame their opponents anymore. Faking with movement, for example, used to be more common back in the day but hardly anyone does it anymore because of the lack of reward. Still, it's the little tricks and details that count at the highest levels and if more people took time to develop stuff like karus crouch dodges, we'd see more variety in dueling styles. You don't have to be a top duelist to have a distinct style.
Ahem...

Who are/were the most visually appealing/attractive duelist to ever play mb2?

I'd also like a description of thier dueling style or an explanation for why it makes you feel good when you see it.

I'll start with a few

Neo - A duelist that could literally become water when dueling his spacing is immaculate to the point that if your movement isn't at least decent you're unlikely to even land a clean hit.

RogueWookiee - Watching Rogue duel in a serious environment is like watching a champion duel. I've never seen such a confident aura exude from a duelist. It's as if he is 100% sure of the outcome of the duel before its finished.

James - This is the most aggressive duelist I've ever seen. Fighting James is equivalent to being jumped by a group of 10 ANGRY duelist. Personally I'd take my chance against the 10....

AOD Shaak- This was a Mind trick speed lunge jedi that inspired me to play the game heavily. This person made MT speed lunging people look dangerously fun. They also had solid snake level stealth abilities.

JokerLel- ***Redacted***
Forgot me also..