Video brightness too low; please help [video]

Hello, I've been trying to record my gaming sessions but no matter what video capture program I use, the resulted video tends to be too dark.
I would appreciate it if any of you could recommend me a fix for this.
Cheers!

note: the actual in-game brightness was nearly maxed

Upvote 0

Karus

Donator
The video is privated, we can't see.
You'll need to set it to Unlisted or Public.
Though, I remember having a similar issue.
Have you tried adjusting your actual gamma?
If you have a Nvidia card you can do this through the Nvidia Control Panel.

Alright, my bad. I've sorted the privacy...i didn't realize it was private...

hmm I'm afraid I've got an intel built-in one. But a good point ill look into it, there should be a way to control that for my case.
Cheers man

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Well whatever potato you use to record your gameplay I'd say your brightness is the least of your problems.

What do you use to capture your footage? What editing program do you use to cut your footage? Do you have Nvidia graphics card? If you do I would recommend using shadowplay.

Well whatever potato you use to record your gameplay I'd say your brightness is the least of your problems.

What do you use to capture your footage? What editing program do you use to cut your footage? Do you have Nvidia graphics card? If you do I would recommend using shadowplay.

Cheers

Yeah, that's true...the video quality is low. I potatoed it down myself using HandBreak video transcoder as I need to save cpu. I am using the footage for a project inside my DAW and MaxForLive, so once I'm done with it I'll replace it with the initial one which has a good quality.
I've got an Intel HD built-in graphic card and I've used Icecream Screen Recorder to capture the video.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Ok sounds like editing programs would be too heavy on your rig. It all comes down to what capturing program you use to record if you will just upload raw footage. If you can switch codecs in your capturing program then that might do the trick.

what else you could do though:

record with mb2’s built in demo program. Go watch the demo and capture the desired part with /cl_avidemo 30 to capture 30 frames per second. This means it will create a folder which will be full of captured screenshots of the footage. Then use something like virtualdub to compile the pictures into avi.

The size of the files will be huge (5 seconds of footage can be 2gb) but the quality would be okayish. Also youd get a good framerate since your cpu wont be a problem when using /cl_avidemo 30.

of course problem might be the file size. Not sure if virtualdub could make it into mp4 these days since I havent used it in years.

Ok sounds like editing programs would be too heavy on your rig. It all comes down to what capturing program you use to record if you will just upload raw footage. If you can switch codecs in your capturing program then that might do the trick.

what else you could do though:

record with mb2’s built in demo program. Go watch the demo and capture the desired part with /cl_avidemo 30 to capture 30 frames per second. This means it will create a folder which will be full of captured screenshots of the footage. Then use something like virtualdub to compile the pictures into avi.

The size of the files will be huge (5 seconds of footage can be 2gb) but the quality would be okayish. Also youd get a good framerate since your cpu wont be a problem when using /cl_avidemo 30.

of course problem might be the file size. Not sure if virtualdub could make it into mp4 these days since I havent used it in years.

ok yeah, i ill try the Demo program, although I'm not bothered by the quality. I only need the low version footage to work around my project, and while I do so, my digital audio work station needs to run as smoothly as possible. I am basically having an audio-reactive visual project within Max for Live, and I need to work out a complete sound for it, so once I'm done programming the sound, replacing the low-quality footage with a regular to high-quality footage shouldn't be a problem.
Thank you again

Last edited:
I'm not sure whether my tool can help you. It is a video cutter and editor. You can add your game video to the app and then use the video cutter, video joiner, or video converter to change the video brightness, contrast, etc. Actually you can also choose to use its built-in screen recorder to record your game in high quality directly. I hope that my reply can help you.

A6E9A3CF-32C7-4b8a-96ED-4E8B9BF8726A.png