•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Vaat is this? Hardware Support.

I ordered a new gpu cooling fan from Singapore. Mostly because of the child labour there. I support the kids. Plus, the pros of little fingers you know.

Just a fan with a cable that you screw into the heatsink, plug in, simple stuff.
The cable was longer than my previous so I bundled it up; tying it together to conserve space.

When I put the pc on, the fan....didn't work. Making me lament the quality of kids working as cheap labor these days....
Naturally cursing, I unplugged and re-plugged everything. Un-wound the gpu fan cable. <<<<<<<<

And as if by a holy magic, a miracle of machina, it worked!!
Until I moved the cable. Then it stopped.
Unwinding it again, it worked.

What does this mean? The gpu power cable is improperly crimped? at the pin connection?
The cable itself?

Why does moving the cable one way cut the power to the fan and make it stop spinning?

I'd like to know to isolate the problem. Otherwise, I'm keeping my pc open and putting a mirror so I can glance inside every 3 minutes to check if the gpu fan is still spinning.

Don't make me do it! Because I will!

The fan works fine. So long as I have the power cable unwound a certain way.

I'm curious to understand why. Any electricians here? PC Engineers. Damn bums, go to college and get some tech jobs.

t(-_-)t

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
It's probably some bad connection in the wire. My guess is where it connects to the fan is faulty. Give people pics/vidya so other ppl can help

I put up a mirror and that is enough. I glance at it every few seconds.

I even made sure the sun's rays don't reflect off of it into the open casing of my pc

I am smart.
Muh brains!

Thank god no one asked how the last one died:)