V1.4.8 Update Released & New Trailer!

mb2_logo_1.png

V1.4.8 Update

Many thanks to all the community members that helped film all those scenes for the trailer.
Couldn't have done it without you!

CHANGELOG
(12 December 2017)

General
  • New: Additional Voice Chat Commands
  • Fix/New: Soundset specific voice command replacements will now be used if present (add flag_simpleSiegeSounds to soundset entry in modeldata.cfg to use base game naming scheme).
  • Fix: Some proofreading for loading screen tips.
Maps
  • New: Christmas DOTFv2 (mb2_xmas_dotf) Pics
    • The Christmas DOTF has been updated to the new map. Happy Holidays!
  • New: Christmas Mustafar (mb2_xmas_mustafar)
    • The Christmas Mustafar map is now available on the main build. Happy Holidays!
  • Fix: Battle Over Coruscant (mb2_boc)
    • Fixed several spots where you could glitch out of the map.
    • Fixed some elevator door paths being incorrect when called from level 2 to level 1.
    • Fixed balcony in objective area that could be used to glitch through the wall.
    • Added a pit at the bottom of the elevator shaft in the event someone intentionally glitches out of the elevators.
    • Minor shader optimization for Detailed Shaders option.
    • Added stingers similar to Lunarbase and DOTF.
  • Fix: Coruscant Chase (mb2_Coruscant_Chase)
    • Fixed several time wasting locations by moving outer walls inwards.
    • Fixed a few spots where you could glitch through walls
    • Added crusher flag to elevator to prevent it from being stopped.
    • Modified trigger for the outside elevator to landing pad so that you could not use it while standing on the exterior bracket.
  • Fix: Starkiller Base (mb2_starkiller_base)
    • Phasma on FA now has Rally.
Models
  • Fix: Krennic cape LoDs should no longer conflict, texture updates.
  • Change/New: Replaced Kylo Ren's no hood skin with new TLJ skin, added new helmetless TLJ skin.
  • Change/New: Replaced Poe's helmetless pilot skin with new TLJ skin, updated textures and icon.
  • Change: Finn TLJ texture adjustments.
  • Fix: Phasma's holster position for T21.
  • Change/Fix: Weight adjustment on Rey's head/jaw, updated textures.
  • Change: Increased volume of Maul Mandalorian soundset.
  • New: Added FWMB-10 as cosmetic replacement for T-21 on First Order Stormtroopers.
  • Change: Reduced volume of custom sounds on 'Skywalker' hilt.

Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads ) ( Linux OpenJK server lib )
Code:
-MBII
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.so
mb2_boc.pk3
mb2_coruscant_chase.pk3
MBAssets.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBAssets4.pk3
MBIIHilts.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so
zz_MBModels.pk3
zz_MBModels2.pk3

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

Last edited by a moderator:
also voice_cmd spot_poison is unbindable for some reason. Was it added with this update or it was there before

Viserys

ex team lead
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Finaly the trailer!!! :D

It's good to see how the long sequence we were struggling to do "You snipe this one, and you do this very move here, and you walk that way etc etc etc" finaly look fast and it's all really short xD

Great job!!!

The idea is to use the longer scenes as individual teasers for the future. For a fast paced trailer, we couldn’t use full scenes.

f
mb2_logo_1.png

V1.4.8 Update

Many thanks to all the community members that helped film all those scenes for the trailer.
Couldn't have done it without you!

CHANGELOG
(12 December 2017)

General
  • New: Additional Voice Chat Commands
  • Fix/New: Soundset specific voice command replacements will now be used if present (add flag_simpleSiegeSounds to soundset entry in modeldata.cfg to use base game naming scheme).
  • Fix: Some proofreading for loading screen tips.
Maps
  • New: Christmas DOTFv2 (mb2_xmas_dotf) Pics
    • The Christmas DOTF has been updated to the new map. Happy Holidays!
  • New: Christmas Mustafar (mb2_xmas_mustafar)
    • The Christmas Mustafar map is now available on the main build. Happy Holidays!
  • Fix: Battle Over Coruscant (mb2_boc)
    • Fixed several spots where you could glitch out of the map.
    • Fixed some elevator door paths being incorrect when called from level 2 to level 1.
    • Fixed balcony in objective area that could be used to glitch through the wall.
    • Added a pit at the bottom of the elevator shaft in the event someone intentionally glitches out of the elevators.
    • Minor shader optimization for Detailed Shaders option.
    • Added stingers similar to Lunarbase and DOTF.
  • Fix: Coruscant Chase (mb2_Coruscant_Chase)
    • Fixed several time wasting locations by moving outer walls inwards.
    • Fixed a few spots where you could glitch through walls
    • Added crusher flag to elevator to prevent it from being stopped.
    • Modified trigger for the outside elevator to landing pad so that you could not use it while standing on the exterior bracket.
  • Fix: Starkiller Base (mb2_starkiller_base)
    • Phasma on FA now has Rally.
Models
  • Fix: Krennic cape LoDs should no longer conflict, texture updates.
  • Change/New: Replaced Kylo Ren's no hood skin with new TLJ skin, added new helmetless TLJ skin.
  • Change/New: Replaced Poe's helmetless pilot skin with new TLJ skin, updated textures and icon.
  • Change: Finn TLJ texture adjustments.
  • Fix: Phasma's holster position for T21.
  • Change/Fix: Weight adjustment on Rey's head/jaw, updated textures.
  • Change: Increased volume of Maul Mandalorian soundset.
  • New: Added FWMB-10 as cosmetic replacement for T-21 on First Order Stormtroopers.
  • Change: Reduced volume of custom sounds on 'Skywalker' hilt.

Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads ) ( Linux OpenJK server lib )
Code:
-MBII
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.so
mb2_boc.pk3
mb2_coruscant_chase.pk3
MBAssets.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBAssets4.pk3
MBIIHilts.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so
zz_MBModels.pk3
zz_MBModels2.pk3

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

i really LOVED that trailer, such a great job :)

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
objectify meeee

by the way it's my fault that the clone troopers in that getting-sniped-in-front-of-a-bar scene all have no-blob long-rifle CR2s instead of compact tactical CR2s.

i think i'm also one of the two rolling droidekas in the Where Are Those Droidekas scene

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
Dude you don't get it. Changing original character taunt that fit his movie representation since b17 and ninja replacing it with some mobile game autistic lines is far from personal preference. Adding them to the existing ones and mixing up is beyond stupid. Doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Just take a listen of Krennic and Kylo unmasked, what the hell is this? I do realize you cannot seperate background noises from dialogs in the lines cut out from the movie but that's not a reason to change some of them entirely with different line from other games. For that matter, MBII shouldn't use lines taken from any games that happen in same era/time period as the new and old trilogy, because you can just take them from the movies directly instead. Simple logic. And it was just like that to V.0+, untill some random dev deiced to make ninja adjustments. I mean, what a "great mind" he must have been to take out K2 Canderous Ordo/Mandalore lines and assign them for.. Shadowtrooper (RGB one), like wtf? Shadowtropper has always had original taunts in both JO and JKA so why change them on the frst place? The list goes on and on of course, it's just one example.
And again, the only models that should have their taunts taken from other sources than the movies are characters from Kotor and The Clone Wars series. I.e respectively, taunts for bastila/malak/nihilus/ etc from kotor series and taunts for Ahsoka only from the clone wars episodes.

Probably we misinterpreted one another. This is what I aimed at when I said "If your problem is that sounds are attached to one character but from multiple actors, fine." And yeah, you're right about that. I'll look into those you mentioned.

Also, cool you pointed out the Canderous speaking Shadowtrooper (finally somebody noticed it), now that bugs me too, it was always weird. Especially since in base JKO SP they were uhm... muted - except the pain, death etc. sounds. While in MP they were the same speaking like the stormtroopers.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Finally a TLJ Kylo skin! Now if only taunts for all models were fixed so they actually match their movie characters, that would be great. I'm fed up wth current random taunts taken from mobile games, audiobooks or whatever.

EDIT: yup just tested, new Kylo has the same autistic taunts from mobile game.
As a big fan of Rogue One, I've always been kind of put off by Jyn's taunts, which I'm sure are some mobile game etc cuz they sound way cutesier and cheesier than her actual Rogue One characterization. Although they do, I'm sure, have better audio quality. But I still don't like em.

edit: I redacted a question I had about Shadow Troopers having Canderous voice lines. I realized I'd misunderstood.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I like the new voice commands, but there seemed to be little attempt to recreate the same feel as the OG ones. It's not as high gain distorted radio. Also could you also add the First order replacement to phasma, or even make her t21 an F11d

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
^ @Noob yeah the mixing is different, I wondered if that was deliberate or they just couldn't recapture the exact mixing of the originals. It adds to the humor in a particular way but I would think it would be better if all the comms sounded alike, and blended.

i'll add "try remixing the new comms to sound like the old comms, as a mod" to my mental bucket list of things to maybe one day do for MB2

also agree about Phasma needing the T-21 replacement or a phasma-colored ver. Isn't her E-11 already an F-11 tho?