V1.4.2 Update Released!

mb2_logo_1.png

V1.4.2 Update

As promised, here is the first content focused update tied to The Force Awakens. The last few major characters have been added and we have some new maps based on the movie. A special thanks to Plasma for all the hard work he has put into this update.

CHANGELOG (27-5-2016)

Gameplay
  • Fix: Sense 3 will now activate while meditating with less than 20 FP.
  • Change: Increased ARC M5 ammo clip to 90 (up to 15 extra normal shots or 3 sniper).
  • Change: Stamina will now regenerate while standing still even if sprint is active.

Effects
  • Fix: SBD arm cannon effects have been restored.

Models
  • New: Added Scerendo's Rey to open mode (Heroes, Jedi).
  • New: Added DT85's Captain Phasma to open mode (Commanders).
  • New: Added new weapon model overrides in open for TFA models (SE-44C, LPA NN-14, Glie-44, EL-16).
  • Change: Replaced Serra Keto's soundset with higher quality version (courtesy Swagmaster).

Maps
  • mb2_corellia
    • Fix: Adjusted main lobby area to mitigate camera bugging.
  • mb2_dotf
    • Fix: FA Naboo solider #1 is no longer Kyle.
  • mb2_duel_starkiller_base
    • New: Original duel map created by Plasma. Relive the battle between Kylo Ren and Rey at the end of The Force Awakens.
  • mb2_eravana
    • New: Original siege map created by Plasma. Escape the freighter Eravana before Kanjiklub and the Guavian Death Gang catch up to you! Note: FA is using placeholder models for the gangs as we did not want to delay release of the map for FA visuals. This will be addressed if the development team or community creates them later.
Servers
  • New: Server says are now logged. With a modified RTV script, RTV can now also be controlled via RCON or server side scripts. An updated RTV is now bundled with the release in RTVRTM.zip in GameData.

Changed Files ( Downloads page ) ( Linux OpenJK server lib ) ( ARM OpenJK build )
Code:
--MBII
MB_Effects.pk3
mb2_corellia.pk3
mb2_duel_starkiller_base.pk3
mb2_eravana.pk3
MBAssets.pk3
MBAssets2.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBHilts.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
zz_MBModels2.pk3
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.so
uii386.so
--GameData
RTVRTM.zip

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

Last edited:
Gameplay
  • Fix: Sense 3 will now activate while meditating with less than 20 FP.

Am I the only one who can't get this to work? Because when I am actually meditating with less than 20 FP and attempt to use Sense 3, my character just stands up, failing to activate the abovementioned force power. Or am I getting something wrong?

Great release nevertheless!

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Am I the only one who can't get this to work? Because when I am actually meditating with less than 20 FP and attempt to use Sense 3, my character just stands up, failing to activate the abovementioned force power. Or am I getting something wrong?

Great release nevertheless!
This has to do with using the "use selected power" instead of sense by an explicit bind. I think it's buried somewhere in the way that the engine handles inputs...

This has to do with using the "use selected power" instead of sense by an explicit bind. I think it's buried somewhere in the way that the engine handles inputs...

Makes sense , thank you ^^ Will do!

Edit: yes, it works out just fine. /bind x force_seeing whilst meditating costs no FP at all ;> wonderful, this really is inspiring to create new builds with Sense 3

Last edited:

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Makes sense , thank you ^^ Will do!

Edit: yes, it works out just fine. /bind x force_seeing whilst meditating costs no FP at all ;> wonderful, this really is inspiring to create new builds with Sense 3
We haven't done anything to how inputs are handled so I'm not sure how it would work incorporating any changes to that. I am planning to go diving into the public openjk/mb2 repos within the next few days and seeing if I can figure out why there's a difference and why it acts up how it does.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I have a problem.. I update via luncher and have crush.. why ?
If you want to get any help, you have to provide much more information: exact text of error, screenshot, logs, etc.
Post as much details as possible.
Telepaths are on vacation (c)

It's better to start a new thread here: Support , than post to this topic.