•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] unstable ping, packet loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, i've been having issues with my mb2 recently (about 2 weeks), my ping is very high and unstable on most servers, and in situations where i see a lot of enemy players (seems to be most apparent when looking at jedi/sith for some reason) my ping jump from 85-90 to 110+ (yes it's definitely the ping, my fps is a constant 125). i don't have any lag issues in other games, when pinging the same servers from windows i have 0 packet loss and my ping is around 50-60. i tried reinstalling, removing my cfg entirely, nothing seems to be helping.

here are some screenshots, first with no players in sight - ping is unstalbe, red lines signify packet loss (?) but it's a bearable 85-90, then looking at around 5-6 people it jumps from 110 to 125

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

have you tried this?
That usually happens on server with high ping (>100) when your fps is too high. I unfortunately cannot say what exactly causes it right now, but here is the solution.
You don't need more than 100fps for this game actually since we usually send up to 100 user commands (moving, atacking etc) per second in each snapshot to server. (cl_maxpackets 100) And each snapshot is generated on each client frame.
Cap to 100 - I suggest this.

edit: you can also try using "repair" with launcher

Last edited:

Lervish

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I think some guy on MB2 Facebook page said that his ping issue was due to FPS being too high. So dunno, have you tried capping to something like 60? Weird anyway if it started happening only recently, can't really think of any solutions. :-|

Status
Not open for further replies.