UNOFFICAL MB2 Account system - POLL!

Hey everyone I've got a cool concept drafted up for an account system. This would help greatly with keeping hackers, trolls and griefers banned. Before I start any major work on it please take the time to answer a few questions in this form UNOFFICIAL MB2 Account system poll. You can also find a very simple explanation of the system there if you are interested.

To any devs reading this: I will send a more fleshed out concept to see if it would pass the server list ToS (no promises) :waytogo:

Edit:
People are confused about me "abusing" the rcon system for this. It wouldn't actually give you rcon access, I'm only using it because the rconpassword variable is a very convenient way to store a secret. Also these things are very much SUBJECT TO CHANGE if I find better alternatives.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 9255

Boring system, your money and bounty system literally DONT HAVE PURPOSE.
This would help greatly with keeping hackers, trolls and griefers banned
Great, hope your shithole server will die.

Your money system increase amount of TKERS because people use to pay for teamkill. Its common sight on templar.

Its funny to see you trying to control your own players on your own server. Pathethic.
Ban/tempban/mute should be fine, i dont support any of your control aspirations.

EDIT: Its funny to see when you asking your players why they dont have jaguid enable. Funny.

Kodar

Internal Beta Team
The idea is good, even if the details are still in the works.
Remember everyone, the hardest thing to do in mb2 is play mb2.

Fang

Donator
all the aslyum held individuals are terrified xddddddddddddddddddddddd

maybe i can live a day without being target tked

since your thread said open sourced, would that mean you'd be willing to github it to other servers?

all the aslyum held individuals are terrified xddddddddddddddddddddddd

maybe i can live a day without being target tked

since your thread said open sourced, would that mean you'd be willing to github it to other servers?
If it would be open source it would naturally be available to other server owners. But I could keep the source closed and only share it with other server owners.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
yeah any unofficial content is gonna result with dead servers, effort is appreciated though. Launcher based login system would be way better

yeah any unofficial content is gonna result with dead servers, effort is appreciated though. Launcher based login system would be way better
I'm curious, what is your definition of unofficial content? I've been running a credit system for a while now and the server seems to be doing just fine

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I'm curious, what is your definition of unofficial content? I've been running a credit system for a while now and the server seems to be doing just fine
anything that forces players to exit the game to make work is going to be too annoying to join the server in the first place. It also is not very new player friendly since it will seem like they get kicked from certain servers for no reason. There is also the possibility that some people do not want to have their emails associated for privacy reasons