•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher Unable to get patch manifest. A manual update of MBII and MBIILauncher may be required

Hiya folks,

Just wondering is there any fix for the screenshot below, Did a fresh install of JKA and did a fresh install of the launcher but when I go to launch it i get the error above as titled,

1697871631650.png

Currently rocking windows 10 on a rig from around 2023
Cheers,

Made an account to confirm I'm having the same issue, just cropped up recently. Tried a fresh install of both MBII and JKJA, can only get to StarChild's screenshot after it fails to load and PC gives me the option to "Restore version"

dwarf

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Made an account to confirm I'm having the same issue, just cropped up recently. Tried a fresh install of both MBII and JKJA, can only get to StarChild's screenshot after it fails to load and PC gives me the option to "Restore version"
Don't know the fix River, But you can get around it by manually downloading the files and extracting them to you gamedata folder at the moment.
Just scroll down and click manually download.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
That may not work in this case as the downloaded version is still validated against the online manifest.

The manifest format was changed quite considerably when the halloween map was pushed out. I will revert to the old formatting within the next few hours.

dwarf

Donator
Internal Beta Team
That may not work in this case as the downloaded version is still validated against the online manifest.

The manifest format was changed quite considerably when the halloween map was pushed out. I will revert to the old formatting within the next few hours.
Yeah we had quite a few people asking about this in the AU scene, StarChild included, he was able to manually download and install the files with no Issue.

Thanks heaps all,

I tried dwarf's solution and have sadly had no luck - still in the same situation.

Is it possible it has something to do with a player's region? When I "Try to restore the program" to get to StarChild's screenshot message, I can still access some information such as active servers and playerbase.

I was just wondering about dwarf's comment re: the AU scene - sure enough I'm trying to play from NZ.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
I have reverted back to the old format manifest. Hopefully the problem should be resolved now.