•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Trying to get it to run on a mac

Hey guys! I've been away for a couple years but I'm back and excited to get back into movie batttles.

I'm on a mac here (OSX 10.11.6) Which is what I played it on before. But now it won't work for some reason. I copied the MBII folder into the Jedi Academy MP folder within the Application support. I also got the launcher (not through mono but a mac one) and even still every time I open the multiplayer it just tells me it quit unexpectedly.

Last time, 3 or 4 years ago, when I downloaded it, it involved copying all of the mb2 files into the Jedi academy base folder, thereby making even the single player obsolete. But it worked.
But that also meant that it replaced the assets files. For some reason though nothing would replace this time I tried.

If there are any experts about this, please help!!

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Use MBII Launcher through Mono to install Movie Battles properly. Use "Repair installation" in Launcher's settings.

That "Jedi Academy MP" folder inside Application Support -- did it existed before, or have you created it?
What kind of Jedy Academy you have, Steam or just CD?
every time I open the multiplayer it just tells me it quit unexpectedly.
Could you explain what do you mean? Any error messages?

Use MBII Launcher through Mono to install Movie Battles properly. Use "Repair installation" in Launcher's settings.

That "Jedi Academy MP" folder inside Application Support -- did it existed before, or have you created it?
What kind of Jedy Academy you have, Steam or just CD?

Could you explain what do you mean? Any error messages?

The folder existed before. I have the CD version for Mac.

And when I click either the launcher or the original MP launch icon, a popup error message that says Jedi Academy quit unexpectedly came up.
I installed mono but now I can't find any instructions on how to actually use the launcher. The .exe file wont work

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
And when I click either the launcher or the original MP launch icon, a popup error message that says Jedi Academy quit unexpectedly came up.
Post a screenshot of that error message.

And are you able to play base Jedi Academy?
I installed mono but now I can't find any instructions on how to actually use the launcher. The .exe file wont work
You didn't even check Installation & Troubleshooting Guide, did you?
It's all described there.
Just launch Mono passing a path to MBII Launcher as a command line parameter.

Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 4.30.21 PM.png

It's a really simple popup: Here it is.
So I finally learned how to open the code terminal. And I entered this code in here
~/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy\ MP; mono ./MBIILauncher.exe
AFTER putting the launcher into the folder. (The actual movie battles mod folder is in there too)

I can still play base Jedi Academy which is weird.

Is there a different command I should put in?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
It's a really simple popup: Here it is.
It's said it's possible to click Report to see more detailed information.
So click it and post a new screenshot.
So I finally learned how to open the code terminal. And I entered this code in here
~/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy\ MP; mono ./MBIILauncher.exe
And what happened after that?... Did MBII Launcher started?