•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Trouble launching MBII

"There was a problem launching Movie Battles, try to run Launcher as Admin" is preventing me from launching the game. The problem began when Avast! program thought that the MBII.x86.exe and another file were behaving strangely. Panic got to the best of me when it prompted me to block this file from acting. I did and now the game won't launch.

I managed to restore the other file, But I am currently perplexed with the condition the .x86 file. It contains the .cache extension--MBII.x86.exe.cache--so naturally I try to remove the extension. Unfortunately, even as administrator, I can't change the extension or file name/can't get the permission to.

I want to be sure that this issue might be the problem preventing me from playing. If so or not, may I have some advice or assistance on resolving this issue if possible.

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Cache means it hasn't been downloaded properly. Move you launcer to GameData folder, run as admin go to settings click repair installation.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
The problem began when Avast! program thought that the MBII.x86.exe and another file were behaving strangely. Panic got to the best of me when it prompted me to block this file from acting. I did and now the game won't launch.
Go to Avast! settings and unblock mbii.x86.exe, or shut down Avast! completely.

Then,
"Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII" => Ctrl + A => right click on selected files => Properties => uncheck 'Read only'.
Repeat for "...Jedi Academy\GameData" folder.
Repeat for "...Jedi Academy\GameData\mme" folder.
Repeat for "...Jedi Academy\GameData\mmeMBII" folder.

Right-click on "Jedi Academy" => Properties => Security => give yourself all possible permissions, including all subfolders.

Cache means it hasn't been downloaded properly. Move you launcer to GameData folder, run as admin go to settings click repair installation.
Go to Avast! settings and unblock mbii.x86.exe, or shut down Avast! completely.

Then,
"Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII" => Ctrl + A => right click on selected files => Properties => uncheck 'Read only'.
Repeat for "...Jedi Academy\GameData" folder.
Repeat for "...Jedi Academy\GameData\mme" folder.
Repeat for "...Jedi Academy\GameData\mmeMBII" folder.

Right-click on "Jedi Academy" => Properties => Security => give yourself all possible permissions, including all subfolders.

Set the Avast! program to passive mod, ran an integrity scan on Jedi Academy, one file was not responding. Did a repair install, the MBII.x86.exe file seems to now be properly installed.

@Puppytine, it seems the virus program didn't alter those specific properties for each of the files listed

The issue has been resolved. Thanks M80s