Toxicity kinda kills this game for me and most likely others

I need to preface that I absolutely love playing this game and have met many really cool players. Recently I was playing and someone(who i won't name cause it will probably just cause more drama) complained that me and my friend (including others on my team) were doing objective on Death Star and I simply made a joking reply "Sorry for doing objective lol" and he told me to fuck off and it kinda just railed onwards. I even try apologizing and it just turns into everyone supporting him and it makes you want to leave. I know nothing can really be done about it but it I wish there were moderators of sort that would stop that kinda thing. I know the population is low so that won't happen but I'd like to know if anyone else deals with this? Like I try to be civil and if someone gets on me or shows disrespect through messages, teabagging, TKing, etc, I can't help but respond cause I see a lot of people support that behavior. What sucks is we have a very small, tight nit community. So for people like me or my friends who liked to play the game as meant to played with objectives, we have to jump in with people who like to troll or play it like a social game. The least that could happen is either people have a bit more respect and not support this behavior, or they go on servers specifically for what they desire. Sorry if this just sounds like some stupid rant, but this comes from someone that loves playing this, I've donated money for it, and want to see it thrive. I've even gotten many of my friends to play it. (Note: if there is a report feature I don't know what I'd do for that but I'd gladly use it)

Last edited:

Bob-Billy

KotOR Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
I was playing and someone(who i won't name cause it will probably just cause more drama) complained that me and my friend (including others on my team) were doing objective on Death Star

He was probably jealous of your speedrunning skills

Lol I usually just keep doing the objective to annoy those cunts. One of the most enjoyable things to do in MB2

Eazy E

Banned
I need to preface that I absolutely love playing this game and have met many really cool players. Recently I was playing and someone(who i won't name cause it will probably just cause more drama) complained that me and my friend (including others on my team) were doing objective on Death Star and I simply made a joking reply "Sorry for doing objective lol" and he told me to fuck off and it kinda just railed onwards. I even try apologizing and it just turns into everyone supporting him and it makes you want to leave. I know nothing can really be done about it but it I wish there were moderators of sort that would stop that kinda thing. I know the population is low so that won't happen but I'd like to know if anyone else deals with this? Like I try to be civil and if someone gets on me or shows disrespect through messages, teabagging, TKing, etc, I can't help but respond cause I see a lot of people support that behavior. What sucks is we have a very small, tight nit community. So for people like me or my friends who liked to play the game as meant to played with objectives, we have to jump in with people who like to troll or play it like a social game. The least that could happen is either people have a bit more respect and not support this behavior, or they go on servers specifically for what they desire. Sorry if this just sounds like some stupid rant, but this comes from someone that loves playing this, I've donated money for it, and want to see it thrive. I've even gotten many of my friends to play it. (Note: if there is a report feature I don't know what I'd do for that but I'd gladly use it)
Welcome to MB2 kid.

B304B389-B40D-4F76-A101-C923952B21C0.jpeg

It's generally just tR weirdos that do this stuff. I wouldn't join any server that is 24/7 deathstar because it attracts the tR weirdos.

Trying to enforce certain kind of culture in a community will mostly cause a counter-reaction and make things worse. You want things to be better, then be better and try to encourage others to do the same. I'd also like it if this community was nicer.

Unfortunately I must be not-nice and say that this will probably not happen because most Star Wars fans are manchildren

Yeah I totally get what all of you are saying. I figured there's not much to be done, and I agree NERO that enforcing a culture would be bad, I just wish if people had different things they wanted such as people who want more social elements create a server for such. Thank you all for your replies by the way, I know this is probably just a shit post haha

From what I understand from reading your post this happened on Open and I guess in NA ?

(Note: if there is a report feature I don't know what I'd do for that but I'd gladly use it)
Regarding the EU side in duelmode, my PM is open on the matter

Im sorry you had to suffer people injustice.

From what I understand from reading your post this happened on Open and I guess in NA ?

Im sorry you had to suffer people injustice

Im sorry you had to suffer people injustice.
Hello Garth thanks for always keeping sentinel safe of laming god bless you!

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
Kind of just depends on the day / who is on the server...
Best rule of thumb is not to support 24/7 Deathstar servers when possible, as that happens the most at those watering holes.

Ahem, unfortunately, thing I'm about to say is considered toxic in this day and age, but I'm going to anyway. Not because I want to be mean, but because I think it's a healthy and beneficial thing to remind people from time to time.

Okay, here it goes:
Bunch of stupid fucking children saying mean stuff online shouldn't bother you.

Why?
Two reasons, both come down to what you can and cannot control.

1. You can't control stupid fucking children. You are not their parent, you have no means of punishing them for wrong behavior. If you think your whiny posts will achieve something towards making these children less mean - then lol.

2. However you can control your reactions, to an extent ofc. Remember, children's threats are meaningless. Why should you bother with their meaningless threats and insults? If it comes down to damn children sneaking around your house then simply beat the shit out of them. Or mow them down with 50cal browning machinegun, or whatever the fuck you americans do.

Didnt bother to spellcheck, not a native speaker blah-blah.